For Women: Do you exercise during your menstrual period?

Options

Replies

• upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    nope

and i really couldn't give a rat's what anyone thought about it

the day before is awesome for energy, though
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    yup
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do my exercise, except for the couple of days when I'm bleeding really heavily. It tends to get messy and is usually when I'm having my worst cramps. :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    That's the best time to workout, imo (with weight training).
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    That's the best time to workout, imo (with weight training).

Definitely. I love when TOM goes and I exercised/lifted every day of it.. when the water retention tapers off, my figure looks even better than it did pre-TOM.
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    Yes, I do but I'm not able to lift as heavy or as much non-cycle. I try to listen to what my body needs
  • I feel better if I workout. Otherwise I'd just crawl into bed and feel like dying. While I'm working out I forget about the cramps that feel like they are ripping me apart.
    I don't do cardio like running or elliptical though as after I feel like my vagina is going to fall out. I tend to stick to bike or walking and weights
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Pain is weakness leaving the body :) it is more difficult though but life isn't suppose to easy and if you really want it you make it happen
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    shhhhhh.... If the universe realizes you might'nt be so luck no more...

HAHAHA!

About 4 years ago, my doctor put me on some new meds. I started having severe pain in my lower abdominal region a few days later. I thought I was going to die, had to lay down (in a store of all places since I was at the mall) and begged my friend to take me to the ER. It turned out to be menstrual cramps (which was listed as a side effect). It was the first and last time that ever happened.

I sympathize with you guys who have to go through that shizz.

HOLY CRAMPS BATMAN!!
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i do but it depends on how bad it is.. if it was day one or two maybe not but then after as it dies down yeah i work out the same as normal
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I find working out during "Mrs Flow" actually makes me push harder..

AB exercises are FANTASTIC for cramps!! makes the pain subside =)
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hell to the YES.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yes....you're not sick just on the rag.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Of course, otherwise I'd be missing a week of workouts every month.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Of course.

It may not be the best workout in the first day or 2. As someone else said though, a weak workout is better than no workout at all! :)
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I used to dial it back if I felt poorly. I still went though, I'm always afraid that if I make excuses to not go it'll be easier to not go next time.

But I've found since I've been exercising regularly I don't have NEARLY the pain and cramping I used to get. Kind of a nice surprise.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yep. Its one of the many 'excuses' I've used over the years, can't exercise while I've got my period. Now, I just get on with it. And it does help with cramps etc.
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    If you had asked me this question a few weeks ago I would have said no and used my TOM as an excuse. But this week, yes I do what exercise I normaly do during my TOM ^^. It helps me and I always feel better after.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I usually do unless I have really bad cramps or something.
  • yourstylistami
    Options
    I break up my workouts sometimes when I'm really rough. (3 20 mins or 2 30 mins) I don't skip it entirely though. I am usually ravenously hungry about 3 days prior so I want to work out to offset that. One thing I've found interesting is I generally do not crave junk food....just more food! I find it impossible to say no to that hunger!