Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What diet method are you using and Is it working for you?

Replies

• moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Just counting calories and making healthier food decisions. I try to eat more veggies than I used to, but I treat myself with the occasional slice of pizza or hamburger. I also exercise around 5 days a week :) and yes, IT IS WORKING! :D
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Balanced blood sugar and lower calories. I eat often in smaller amounts focusing on lean protein and veggies and limiting the empty sugar carbs.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Started with the slim fast 123 plan, but now am doing a modified slim fast adding extra cals on days i workout. i like it. works for me. plan to get healthier with the eating when at or near goal weight within 10 lbs. don't care much for now. and yeah, i call it a diet because it's short term. just a few more months. good luck on your goals!:flowerforyou:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    I made permanent lifestyle changes and eliminated almost all processed foods. No GMOs.

I eliminated all wheat products to see if I'd notice a difference and found myself cured of all sorts of pain. Feeling so much better killed any & all desire to ever eat wheat again. I make sure my food is as natural and healthy as I can get it.

I started using MFP because I figured I needed to eat more even though I was satisfied with what I was eating. It is motivating me to plan to eat more food.

Weight training (as heavy as I can), cardio (in moderation) & sometimes an exercise DVD are part of my regular routine, too.

I love the way I feel eating healthy foods. It is definitely worth a little extra effort. It is exciting seeing my endurance and strength increase and the inches on my tape measure decrease.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Eat to a reasonable caloric deficit, hit my macros, eat fruits, veggies, fats from a variety of sources and ice cream every day, lift weights.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^
    Have tried a zillion times before to lose weight from every diet that you can think of and have NEVER succeeded until now! I also log all my food :happy:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    I use sedentary TDEE as daily max, even though these days I exercise (cardio & weight lifting) at least 5 times a week. To prevent muscle loss I eat back all my exercise calories with protein shakes right after each workout.

I started this method after I plateaued following MFP's 1600 calorie limit (which was below my BMR). The first week that I use my sedentary TDEE of 2076 I gained two pounds, but after my body adjusted out of starvation mode I began to lose weight again.
  • Jamtart9
    Jamtart9 Posts: 13
    Hi! I'm a mom of 4 kids so I don't really diet, just try to stay away from crap food and follow TDEE -30%.

Just ordered the BodyMedia Fit armband from Costco to help me with my daily TDEE, because it's always changing and confusing.

Also, I exercise at Curves 4-5 times a week, just that much movement is making me lose inches! This is a good start, but eventually I'll move on to heavier lifting.

I'm new MFP but have already lost in the 2 months that I've actually been logging food. Just trying to hit my macro's and stay at a deficit and and I'm losing weight.

Cheers! :)
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    eat above bmr and below tdee
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    I monitor calorie intake, make sure I eat 3 good meals every day and have 3 snacks a day that are only protein. I eat heaps of food but have cut out process carbs...in other words, if it comes in a packet, has more than 2 ingredients and someone made it on a production line..then I don't eat it. working great for me..love that I feel so full all the time, have so much energy and no longer feel sluggish and tired.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    i am not on a diet i am making a life change!!

but yeah low carb and watching my calorie intake with exercise pretty much daily also cut out almost all milk and milk products
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    I just count calories. I reduced my sugar intake, I stopped drinking soft drinks, no cola, no juices that aren't freshly squeezed. I reduced the bread, I eat more veggies, I eat fruits more(tho I prefer veggies). I walk every day, at least for 40 minutes, I don't like going to the gym so I depending on my schedule I will choose some kind of training I like (dancing, yoga, if I have time)
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 183 Member
    IF 18/6 and paleo, I make sure to have a high protein diet. Thats it, I love it!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Not really a method. Mainly slashed sugar, and stayed within net calories to take my weight down at a reasonable pace.
    Also, no stressing out on single bad days - I nearly always have at least one off day a week; but I do try to keep the week totals under control.
    I suspect starting to exercise may have helped too!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    IF 16/8, minimum 1g protein per lb bodyweight, roughly 50/50 split of other two macros.
    Strength training 3x/week, eat roughly 500 cals more on lift days.

Works out to about TDEE -20% on rest days and TDEE'ish on lifting days.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Weight Watchers, and it's working great. I also take Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety, and it has 100% cut out my binging.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Just counting calories. Try to mix the days up food wise, but get stuck in a rut every now and then eating the same foods.

Its working though and that's what matters.

This.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Diets are by design temporary. Unless you make a lifestyle change most will go back to old habits and regain more weight. This has been proven.

I used Forks over Knives to help me in my journey.
  • rmxtube
    rmxtube Posts: 6 Member
    I am trying intermitted fasting but try to count my calories too. struggling to stay under my calorie goal this week with holidays and the intensity of the insanity home DVDs
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.
    Qft