Anyone else have "goal clothes"?

Options

Replies

• fatburnd2012
    Options
    I have a few of them- a pink dress from forever 21(most of their clothes are tiny). I can get into it now and zip it but there is about another half stone to go before it will sit right around the middle. I bought it without trying it on and the tags are still on it.

Also a few pairs of jeans- just hate being pear shaped- I'm starting to look skinny on top but my bottom half still has about a stone to go!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I saved a favourite pair of jeans and a favourite pair of shorts - both of which now fasten (they just aren't flattering yet).

I had also found a pair of workout shorts that were on sale, and bought them in faith in a size smaller than I needed. They're the form-fitting shorts I wouldn't be caught dead in a year or two ago (or, truthfully, even before I gained the weight - too self conscious). And now they fit! Hurray :smile:

Edited to add: fitting old, smaller clothes and looking good in them has to be my favourite non-scale victory. Even better than the "Wow, you're looking so great lately!"
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    i NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!!!!!!!!! OMGEEEEEE IM SO DOING IT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • txtia1
    txtia1 Posts: 9
    Options
    When I started my journey last August I had bought a size 16 dress ( at the time I was muffin topping a 20). Well since then I got into the dress didn't like it and got rid of it, but I made into it! Woo hoo! Now I have a very pretty size 12 dress I working to get into! I truly believe having a goal outfit is a great incentive to work towards!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I found a dress at Forever21. A single dress in a size small. I scoured that place, looking for a medium, but it was the only dress like it in the entire place. I had to buy it. The mauve color matched my hair perfectly!

I also have a few 20inch corsets that I can barely breathe in before I tie them up. Luckily, I'm starting to break past the 26 inch waist mark. Soon.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    No clothes are my goal clothes
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    My woman wants to see me in a speedo.... *sighs* yeah, go figure. I hope she is kidding.
  • Lollypops44
    Lollypops44 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 75lbs about 3 years back and my whole wardrobe was size 12/14 uk. I had medical issues and gain back 50lbs so now have great wardrobe at a good size for me and several black tent like things I now wear! One pair of my small jeans are the most amazing fit so I'd love to get back into those .
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm currently bigger than both of the friends with whom I work out. When they cannot wear their clothes anymore, they give them to me!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't actually have clothes per say but I do have a goal size in mind. I usually buy my "goal clothes" when I am only a size bigger than that size so I don't have to wait to long! LOL
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had two items already in my wardrobe I wanted to fit back into, a pair of size 14 (UK) skinny jeans and a dress that I had kept since my brother's wedding 20 years ago! It's a classic style and I always hoped I would one day be a size 12 to wear it again. Well, the jeans fit now so I decided to give the dress a try, and it fits over my hips and stomach, tight but it fits - but there is no way on this earth it's ever going to fit round my boobs now! It didn't occur to me that the 23 year old size 12 me wouldn't be the same shape as the 43 year old size 12 me! So I'm afraid I will probably never achieve my goal to wear that dress. But, I have also always pictured a red dress like in the Special K adverts, so when I get to a 12, I'm buying a figure hugging red dress.
  • EmmaJackson130
    EmmaJackson130 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I wore on my 21st birthday almost 17 years ago. Not sure if I would ever wear it again in public but I'd sure like to be able to get into it just to say I can.
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    I want to fit into my wedding dress again, just to know I can.... After 17 years- still have the guy, still have the dress, still have the love!
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    Old pairs of jeans that I haven't worn in a few years. And for when I reach my ugw, a huge shopping list.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have this mini skirt I wore about 10 yrs ago...not sure if it's out of style though. Its a cute black corduroy skirt...but I'm 33 and not sure if I'm too old to wear it or not. Still love it though!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Every time I go down a size I buy the next size down, and hang it in my closet, it gives me a great indicator of where i am at, even when the scale is being stubborn, and nothing is as awesome as zipping that amazing dress after not being able to even get it halfway closed!
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wanna fit back into my jean coat. I wore it from 7th grade until my first year of college. I was 145 the last time I could wear it without popping the zipper.

I also have a few holyclothing dresses that I wanna fit back into.

Actually, lets just say that I wanna fit into all my old clothes and leave it at that. Well, all my clothes from 12th grade on,, because before that I was hovering at a size zero-3 and being that small made it hard to find clothes that fit.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No clothes are my goal clothes

Haha! Me too! But can I say something, unrelated? Your weight loss is absolutely amazing and inspirational, and you are absolutely GORGEOUS. Just thought I'd say. Have a nice day :flowerforyou:
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I found a couple really cute bikinis from Victoria's Secret and Tilly's and my goal is to be able to rock a size Medium bottom:happy:
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I have plenty of brand new clothes that I've bought & never wore because I got home and it was uncomfortably tight. I also have a pair of jeans with the tag on that I bought like 5 years ago that I hope to be in very soon! =)