For Women: Do you exercise during your menstrual period?

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i do, i have heard it helps cramps to exercise. since i have been on bc for some time i do not get cramps much anymore so that helps a lot. i do know a lot of women who cannot do anything bc it is so bad, which used to be me as well which was why i went on the bc to begin with. i think everyones different
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yeah. But I totally half *kitten* it. I find it inspires me to run more since sitting on the bike is gross with a pad.
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do sit-ups during my menstrual period, because it can help relieve menstrual cramps occuring in my stomach.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It depends how I feel. If I feel ok then I go for it. If not, I don't beat myself up about it.

I get pretty annoyed if its extremely heavy and I just can't exercise but I can't work up a sweat with a big towel down there eugh
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have some of my best workouts during the TOM.
    But, I have more emotional than physical symptoms so it REALLY helps burn off that excess angst...:sad:
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    I do! I find it lessens the severity of cramps, and reduces the bloat feeling

100% agree with this ^
  • sunnistef1
    Options
    Yes. . .but I take it slower, a slow workout is better than no workout. I am too wiped out because I also get migraines during my TOM, but NO EXCUSES! Those excuses are what got me 60 lbs overweight!:happy:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I still do the things that are a required part of my life, which for me is dancing and walking. I usually take a rest day from weights on the first day.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Of course! I can't believe so many of you feel so crappy during your periods- I don't feel ANY different! I'm on very low dose birth control, and have been for the past ~7 years. Since I started taking birth control, I have never had a crappy period. Ever. I get cramps for about 24 hours, I take 2 Advil and it's gone. Boom. And I only get my period every 2-3 months- it's perfectly safe to skip periods on birth control (just skip the white pills and start a new pack). Consult with your doctor first though, please. BC IS AMAZING.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Of course! I can't believe so many of you feel so crappy during your periods- I don't feel ANY different! I'm on very low dose birth control, and have been for the past ~7 years. Since I started taking birth control, I have never had a crappy period. Ever. I get cramps for about 24 hours, I take 2 Advil and it's gone. Boom. And I only get my period every 2-3 months- it's perfectly safe to skip periods on birth control (just skip the white pills and start a new pack). Consult with your doctor first though, please. BC IS AMAZING.

Great, & glad it worked for you, but it's not for everyone.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Great, & glad it worked for you, but it's not for everyone.

I'm not comfortable with taking BC because of the chemical composition that permanently alters a woman's cycle, the risks and side effects.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm on the rag as we speak.

This is appropriate.

480747_10200921540864207_1494841450_n.jpg
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

This is appropriate.

You have access to the internet in the menstrual hut you have to stay in until you are no longer unclean? Wow.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

This is appropriate.

You have access to the internet in the menstrual hut you have to stay in until you are no longer unclean? Wow.

:laugh: My captors are humane. *kitten* backwards, but humane.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    What is a menstrual period?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    What is a menstrual period?

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Your first cycle is always the worst.

Don't worry OP, you'll get through this.

Hang in there.

ps....Vodka does wonders for a gal :smile:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Do you brush your teeth that week?
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I usually only feel sluggish and lazy on my first day but I still force myself to go. I always feel amazing afterwards!
  • Hollycoleman46
    Options
    I do but sometimes I skip a day or just walk if its a heavy flow day