Anyone else have "goal clothes"?

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My 25th wedding anniversary is next February. I would love to be able to put my wedding dress on and look into my husbands eyes and tell him I love him as much as the day I married him.

That is so sweet! Good luck, I'm sure he loves you just as much :)
  • MusiKat54
    MusiKat54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of tshirts and tops from Guess that I used to be IN LOVE with! Once I reach my goal weight, they will absolutely fit again and I've been saving them in a tote in my storage unit until I can wear them again! This is SO going to happen!

I also found a cute skirt from college that I am dying to be able to wear again! I've so got this.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I ordered jeans online. Never ever do that. They are too small but super cute. Rather than return them I'm keeping them. I will keep trying them on to measure my progress.
  • firstcorinthians1031
    Options
    I love all these ideas! You guys are all doing great! Ive just jumped into yet another round of trying to lose weight. Ive been overweight since high school. I would really love to wear a dress to church this year. even if its the last Sunday of the year. Lol. I love dresses but NEVER wear them because I'm so embarrassed.
  • kathygolean
    kathygolean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sad to say....I have a closet full of clothes that I refuse to give up on!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    my favorit jeans i have since my 20s and fitted into them for maybe 3 months 4yrs ago now i am going back there and staying!
  • oowyrakcaj
    Options
    I've got some 32" trousers that I would love to fit into. Some of them are skinny fit, and my thighs are a bit big for them at the moment too.
    I also have a couple of medium slim fit shirts that I can't wear because of stomach issues. I bought a red shirt about a year ago on eBay because I really wanted a red shirt to wear with my suits, but I couldn't do it up around my neck - and now I can! So I know I can fit into the other shirts soon!

The other thing really isn't about goal clothes per se, but I'd like to be able to wear no shirt at the beach and things without thinking everyone's looking. Also, one of my friends hosts a Halloween party every year, and it would be good to be able to dress up as something a bit sexy, which I don't feel I can at the moment. I WANT TO BE SEXY AT HALLOWEEN IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK BODY OF MINE?
  • catinohio
    catinohio Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to fit into the dress that I'm wearing in this MFP profile pic; I pretty successfully avoided the camera as my weight got higher :wink:
    I think I'm really close...
  • Hazel9999
    Hazel9999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I went to a health farm the trainer told me to hang a dress I wanted to look good in, on the wardrobe door and look at it every day to remind me of my goal. I have a very little black dress- and I stopped hanging it on the door and forgot my goal. THANK YOU for reminding me, I'm going to dig out the dress at once and keep trying it on until it looks nice.
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Love your profile pic MichelleZanno- your dog looks just like mine. Oh, and keeping with the topic, I'd love to fit into a size 12 jeans someday.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I want my rear legs glutes to look great in a bikini.

I can wear one now b/c my stomach and arms are 'okay' but my back of my legs aren't pretty with clothes off. Working on it.

As for goal clothes....all of my old clothes that I wanted to fit into either fit or are too big and I had to get rid of them. Some I can't seem to because of sentimental value :)
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a couple things. I white pin-striped suit which I used to wear once upon a time. I also have a pair of velvet pants that I was close to fitting into once but never made it. Recently I bought a pair of pants that I LOVE, fitted bright green capris. When I bought them I couldn't get them up over my butt...but now I can zip them! Still need to lose a few more pounds before I can wear them though :)
  • ThePrincezz
    ThePrincezz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had size 10 goal jeans from gap. They're now too big and I'm waiting for the cold weather to end so I can give them away cause I have 2 pair of size 8 stretchy jeans that fit perfectly! I also grew out of my size 10-12 dresses and suits and now fit into size 6 perfectly;-)). Also I wore a bikini in public on my vaca for the first time in a long, long time!

That is soooo my goal!! Bikini Bound!! LOL! Congrats on your goal!!!
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Lately I had to sort out a 12 year not-sorted-basement and I found a couple of old clothes and I was happy to see that I can fit in all of them (some are even too big...!) even in those that were always small and/or too tight!

BUT I have a T-Shirt my sister made me for christmas. It's stretch but just a little bit too clinging: I would loooove to wear it, but I just couldn't manage to get further down since january :-/
    hope it's moving on soon!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought any goal clothes, but am delighted that all my old clothes now fit me. I still would like to lose some more weight, but don't really know how low I should go now I am older. Dont want to look saggy and scraggy. I'm doing weights now to tone uo my arms. When I get down a bit further my ambition is to buy a bodycon dress (a tight, bandagy type thing ) in a stunning clour and wear it with heels. I am now a UK 14 and dont know if I dare try for a 12. That dress is beckoning me though!
  • lorilwayne2
    lorilwayne2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a dress I'm hoping to get into for my sil wedding in late May. Time will tell but I don't know if I have it in me or not.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't have any right now but am thinking about going out and getting some! I have made my own pants and shirt (simple pattern) for years now, just increasing the pant size slightly once. I can fit into the very largest store bought pant sizes, but they never seem to get more than one or two of that size and since I rarely go shopping I never find anything that fits! I can find tops though, but at the hip they don't fit usually. So, my first goal is to get down to a 6x and I think I shall go shopping this week with a friend, and hope for a sale. I would like to be like those of you who wind up sailing past their goal and the item is too big to ever be worn! LOL! That's why I will only get ONE item. Then I will go buy something that actually fits, hopefully in a 5x or 4x!
  • GoNicoleee
    Options
    I want to be able to share clothes with my sister again - she's a size 2 while I'm a 12!
  • HeyyThereNadine
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! Over the summer I bought really cute dark purple jeans in a size 9/10 (they're stretchy), and I'm around a size 12. they don't even go up my thighs, haha. I have maybe three or four t-shirts that are too tight on me, as well.
    A year or two ago I bought a pair of hoodies that were way too tight on me, and I've been able to wear them for the first time this month (:smile: ) so I've got hope that my other goal clothes will eventually fit~
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have some super comfy and great looking Levi's in my dresser size 9 - I am going to be in (eventually)