58 Years Old and 81 Pounds Gone (Pics too!)

Options

Replies

• changejen2013
    Options
    Great work!
  • bajanrosa
    bajanrosa Posts: 23
    Options
    truly an inspiration, good for you!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for paying it forward! Awesome story! Such an inspiration!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If this is not inspirational and can show someone that it can be done...nothing in this world ever will!!!!!
    You are one awesome lady!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment!! I will be sharing your story with my BFF; she just joined MFP.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fab! No plateaus, either...amazing. I am plateauing like crazy.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, hon! Congrats and way to go!
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    Beautiful job! Very inspirational. (PS I love your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. That alone made the read extra enjoyable!)
  • Amytrue1
    Amytrue1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the story of your journey! You have really inspired me and I am so grateful for you! I have similar beginning stats, age and goals. I know it will be quite the trek, but because of people like you sharing your journey, I KNOW I can do this!! Thank you again, so much!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, your success is an inspiration! :flowerforyou:

Slainte! :drinker:
  • sancach
    sancach Posts: 20
    Options
    amazing!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am 50 and menopausal and trying to get to my target weight too. Your story is amazing!!! :drinker:
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! What an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations and keep up the good work. :drinker:
  • botello89
    botello89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow so inspiring!!! you are a hero!
  • jascat83
    jascat83 Posts: 31
    Options
    OMG! What an inspiration!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success story. I enjoyed it so much. I am also 58 with a sister who lives 500 miles away. For the first time since I had a hysterectomy 13 years ago, I weigh less than I did before surgery. I still have many pounds to go before reaching my goal, which is also in the 150s. You give me hope. I am sorry you aren't taking friend requests, but I understand.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Unfortnately, both my mom and I have struggled with being over weight all of our adult lives (I was a chunky kid too). Growing up, I can remember my mom yo-yoing and her encouraging me to be active and make healthy choices. Ultimately though, it was left to me and I LOVE food...all food--not just the "bad" stuff, but the good stuff too, that in large quantities becomes bad! I went from 230 to 150lbs. at 23 and was so pleased, but life happened and I've managed to gain it all back. I started trying to turn myself around about 3 weeks ago, and my mom has decided to give it (another) go as well! I'm down 16lb total, and she's down 10lbs. It's harder in my 30s than it was in my 20s and I know how much my mom is struggling.
    THANK YOU so much for sharing your journey! It gives us hope!
  • Bug2love
    Bug2love Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What a great story. So nice to hear when siblings work together in such s positive way.
  • MarileeP
    MarileeP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thanks you so much for posting your story and congratulations on an amazing and successful journey to health!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You have opened the door to OZ and have truly learned and now shared all the yellow brick road lessons. The scarecrow's brain knowledge is power when changing, the tin man's heart loving yourself enough to take care of your body, mind and soul and the lion's courage to push through the difficult times and post your story for the MFP community. I'm so proud of you! Your story has inspired me and will help many others who choose to walk the path of health. Your light shines, many will follow. Thank you for paying it forward. :flowerforyou:
    Simply Amazing, Hear the Applause, Take a bow, You are Awesome!:drinker:

Thanks awesome sister!! Marvelmo is my sis who drove all that way to walk with me on my first 5K AND with her today's weigh-in is 99 Pounds down since beginning her own journey in AUGUST 2012!! also by logging, eating better and exercising...she is my inspiration. We've compared our journey to the movie The Wizard of OZ--what I consider the best movie ever made and chock full of life lessons.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!