Where was your first job ?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I worked at Best Buy helping customers find stuff. You know how when you ask an employee if the store has any X, Y, or Z and they say, "if it's not on the shelf, we don't have it"? Sometimes that's true, but sometimes it's just laziness. I was one of the ones who actually went to the back to dig through boxes and find it for you.
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A flower shop I was about 15 i did the cleaning and stocking shelfs, then ended making the flower arrangements.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Working as a bus boy at a cuban salsa club in Miami, 16 years old.. funest time!
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My first salaried job was a summer job as a "Junior Forest Ranger" - we planted trees and cleared/constructed/maintained woodland trails. I still remember slathering on alternating layers of sunblock and bug spray throughout the day until I was coated an inch thick :laugh:
  • nolarun93
    nolarun93 Posts: 56
    Options
    Daycare - Afterschool Teacher
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a. My pleasure.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,149 Member
    Options
    first official job - EYC - Ecology Youth Corps

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/swfa/eyc/youth.html

cleaning out the nasty bins and getting all the soda cans for recycling. Did a waste audit of our school too. Gross! :sick:
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Milking cows for the neighbor when he went on Vacation and that is exactly what I did! LOVED THAT JOB!!!
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    Academy Sports & outdoors... Cashier.

BEST JOB EVER! Worked there all through highschool. Wish I could be a kid again :)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    waitress at a Village Inn restaurant....it was 12 long years, but so much fun....I loved working the night shift and ****ing with all the drunks who came in after the bars closed.