Those who post only body shots...

Options
lotushead
lotushead Posts: 200 Member
Why?

We want to see your face too! Well I do...

I mean, I guess "why not" works too. But if you have an answer, I'd like to hear your logic :) Just curious.

Replies

• rmikle
    rmikle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ive asked the same thing. Could be lack of confidence in facial aesthetics
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ironic user pic is ironic.

but to answer your question, for a number of reasons. some ppl don't want to show face for personal or professional reasons. some (like i'm assuming OP) have the website crop the pic for the forums. some are showing off progress on a previously problem area. and sometimes, we have a Gun Show Day or a Back Day here on MFP and it's fun.

ETA: OP has changed her userpic, but it started of a site crop and guess what was cropped? her head.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Most of me doesn't fit in the standard thumbnails.
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered that too!
  • lotushead
    Options

but to answer your question, for a number of reasons. some ppl don't want to show face for personal or professional reasons. some (like i'm assuming OP) have the website crop the pic for the forums. some are showing off progress on a previously problem area. and sometimes, we have a Gun Show Day or a Back Day here on MFP and it's fun.

I mean in their whole entire collection of photos. I get the main pic thing.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I mean in their whole entire collection of photos. I get the main pic thing.

it still made me giggle. but for a lot of ppl, who they are online does NOT need to be known by the boss or by an interviewer. or by the parents of the kids they teach... you get it, i'm sure.
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Why?

I mean, I guess "why not" works too. But if you have an answer, I'd like to hear your logic :) Just curious.

...'cause we're not all as cute as you are.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Why?

Last I checked this is a fitness website not a modeling agency :laugh:
  • lotushead
    Options
    Why?

And we're all definitely not as nice as you :flowerforyou:
  • lotushead
    Options
    Why?

Last I checked this is a fitness website not a modeling agency :laugh:

case and point to my last post :laugh:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

some ppl don't want to show face for personal or professional reasons.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    bodies seem to be more important here,
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my face, but have made great progress with my body. Maybe I'll post a success story when I reach my goal face.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my face, but have made great progress with my body. Maybe I'll post a success story when I reach my goal face.

Lies......Her face is even better than her body.....
  • lotushead
    Options

Yes please I'd love to see transformation!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I know some body shots I don't post my face because people can take your photo and have it all over the place.. also on my IG photos I water mark because diet companies will take great progress photos and use them in advertisements for their products without your knowing.

plus.. professional reasons..yadda yadda..
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Because I don't need my male coworkers or boss to recognize me. It's none of their business what my weight is or what I look like in a bikini. I usually only post a couple of pics for my FL every once in a while then take them down.
  • genas1975
    genas1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my face....but I LOVEEEEE this pic of my back :)
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Some people like to still keep a private internet life thus never showing their faces in any photos. I guess I can understand that, especially in a day and age that people copy and paste other people's pics all over the internet.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

No, you don't.