Fat girl doing Insanity!? Yes i'm doing it!! join me!!!!

Options
A friend and I have started insanity recently, today is our first rest day. We started on April 1st 2013 so we should finish on June 1st for the full 9 weeks. After which we are planning to do it again at least one more time if not two :)
I love the fact that you can have people here that can motivate you to keep going and who are struggling right along side you. So i will attempt to update everyday (its difficult with work and all) and stay up to date on how everything is going, how we are feeling and if changes are happening, i took measurements today and weight, i forgot to on day one :) also took my "before" pictures, after this i will post my before and after results.

Join me if you like and add me! We all need to stick together to battle obesity! :)

oh and fyi, i am 5'3" and currently 180

every workout so far this week has been killer, everyday I have cried and vomited, but I am feeling changes in myself both mentally and physically so I am for sure sticking to it!

Replies

• mandalynn1986
    mandalynn1986 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Today was the start of week two... my body didn't care so much for starting back up after a rest day! But we did it and pushed through! On to the next day we go! :)
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm on month two and not a typical insaniac- I've got a lot to lose, and I didn't start the program in really great shape. I've got three weeks and two days until I earn that grey shirt- and believe me, Shaun T makes you work for it in month 2! Good luck o you all, I may do another round after this, looking forward to T25 coming out! I love Insanity, even if I do 'hate' it sometimes!
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think I must be insane to do this in my lack of shape and fitness! I did my first actual Insanity workout today and it killed me (probably didn't help I have been sick so haven't eaten since Saturday) can tell this is going to be a love/hate relationship but I l kinda like the way within minutes you can feel the sweat :ohwell:
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    Hi,
    Great motivation!! It inspires me to start , my activities to lose weight easily. Keep doing it. :):)
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I am almost done and i did not follow the food plan. I have not lost any weight but I did tone a bit. My only advice is follow the eating plan as well. I will be restarting it next week and following the food plan to see if I can get better results.
  • paula341
    paula341 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hey, I did day 2 this morning! I am 196lbs at 5,7 so ain't a skinny girl haha! I am sore EVERYWHERE but hoe to see the results at end! How many calories are you eating while doing it? X
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I am almost done and i did not follow the food plan. I have not lost any weight but I did tone a bit. My only advice is follow the eating plan as well. I will be restarting it next week and following the food plan to see if I can get better results.

First let me say I am not trying to discount your statement at all. But going by your photo you don't have "a lot" to lose in the first place. I started week 7 yesterday. At 5'4" and SW186 (CW176) I am very similar in size and weight to the OP. I have lost 10 pounds and 11 1/2 inches NOT following the meal plan. Do I think my results would be better if I followed it? Yes. Do I say it is necessary to follow the food plan they provide you to see results? No. Good luck on your second round! I hope you are able to get the results you are looking for.
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You got this! :) I have at least 50 more lbs to lose, and I started almost 4 weeks ago. 2 more workouts then its on to recovery week! I'm getting scared for month 2, but I'm determined not to give up! So far I've lost about 7 lbs, and also several inches...nearly 3 on my waist alone! I was nervous because I wasn't exactly "athletic" lol...but I've modified a few of the moves to be easier on my knees and shins, and rest if I need to. I also have trouble with all the push-ups, so I found that doing them against a countertop helps me get the full motion of the push up, and I was SO sore in my upper body after the first day of doing them that way, so I know it was working! Good luck to all of us pushing through!
  • sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that following the meal plan is not necessary. I will say that you should listen to your body. When I started insanity I was 215 lbs. and 5'7. I tried eating the recommended amount of calories which was 2300 and I felt fat and bloated everyday. Then I switched to eating 1400-1600 calories and my body felt much better. I am less than 2 weeks from completing Insanity and am down 20 lbs.
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 3, Day 5 and it is hard, but you get stronger :) When I started, I would be sick after every single workout, but after the first week, I was fine. Do what you can, just keep moving if you can't do all of the moves and eat as healthy as possible and I have no doubt you will see great results!
    You can do this!!! :wink:
  • Telmar08
    Telmar08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity in February and am on week 2 of month 2. I have definitely seen results with my body and my overall health. I have attempted Insanity 5 times before and could never keep going past week two. This time what I did differently was instead of saying I am going to try to do insanity I proclaimed and tell myself daily, I WILL finish Insanity. My biggest moment of change in these past 6 weeks was when I discovered the VERY simple fact that I will NOT see the change I want with just doing the work out, i changed the way I was eating!!!! =) the pounds began to fall off immediately, I started to see toning of my muscles and this has really motivated me to finish this. Month 1 flew by quicker than I thought it would and I am IN IT! As Sean T says. I am ready to complete this and prove to myself that I can follow something through!!!!!!!!!
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm also in week two of month two! I don't have a lot of weight to lose and the scale hasn't moved much (maybe half a pound) but I have lost a lot of inches all over and can see a big difference between my day one pics and end of month one pics. Just go at your own pace, do as much as you can, and push play every day even when you don't feel like it! You will always be glad you did :)
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    Hey all,

First let me say I am not trying to discount your statement at all. But going by your photo you don't have "a lot" to lose in the first place. I started week 7 yesterday. At 5'4" and SW186 (CW176) I am very similar in size and weight to the OP. I have lost 10 pounds and 11 1/2 inches NOT following the meal plan. Do I think my results would be better if I followed it? Yes. Do I say it is necessary to follow the food plan they provide you to see results? No. Good luck on your second round! I hope you are able to get the results you are looking for.

Wow! 10lbs? Congrats! I hope I will see results like that :)
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    Thank you all for you replies and your stories! This workout is by far the hardest thing I've ever done and without the proper motivation I could see myself giving up, but everyone on here and in my life are helping to keep me motivated to push through and keep going. Today I will be doing day 2 of week 2, not looking forward to pure cardio at all.... lol but of course I will do it!

Keep up the hard work everyone!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you replies and your stories! This workout is by far the hardest thing I've ever done and without the proper motivation I could see myself giving up, but everyone on here and in my life are helping to keep me motivated to push through and keep going. Today I will be doing day 2 of week 2, not looking forward to pure cardio at all.... lol but of course I will do it!

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Pure cardio was my fave! I hated plyo! Interesting I hate max plyo now! We can do this girls, I start week 2 of month 2 today (although I do have two make up days but plan to do doubles)! I have noticed toning in my legs and arms especially. I'm still waiting on my lower abdomen (Csection fat pouch) to change, it's the only thing keeping me from lower sizes!!! If you need support, I'm happy to provide it. I dd not follow the eating plan, have been more concerned with calories, although I do think at times I ate too little!
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of recovery week and I love insanity! Sure somedays I really have to push myself but I love it. I wasn't sure what I was getting into as most people who do insanity are already pretty fit (especially in the videos). But I new that I could make it through HIIT workouts so I figured I would try insanity do it at my own pace and take breaks if I need to.. For the most part I can make it through...Although I am a little nervous about Month 2 after reading some other posts on the forums... But I just keep saying it's only 1 month and I can do it! Plus my results this far make me excited for the next month
    I started March 11th, in my first month I've lost 6lbs and about an inch off my arms, thighs, hips, chest and over 2" off my waist!

Feel free to add me, I love sending and receiving support!!!
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh and I wasn't following the eating plan. I eat about 1400 calories per day and usually don't eat back my exercise gained calories..
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Day 9. Pure cardio. I wanted to die! Lol my body is hating me right now.... but at the same time loving it! And its awesome to see so many of us doing it and sticking to it!
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had my last pure cardio of month 1 today! That one is just crazy because its non stop! I got in the zone today, though, and definitely did better than I ever have on that one! Proud of all us ladies :)
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    Day 10 done! As much as I hate plyometric cardio circuit, I think I love it just as much. I feel like its the one I push myself at the most :)

How did everyone else do today? Stick to it ladies!