Body image self-assessment quiz

Options

Replies

• MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I got 49 :'(

Me too.

Sometimes not all the work we need to do is physical.
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    34....yep.....I think I'll be friending you low score people haha
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is a terrible quiz and poorly designed. It is slanted and worded in a way whereby you are likely to feel negative about yourself.

totally agree!
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My score was 26 points.

"A score at this level indicates that you lack confidence in your appearance and your self-confidence is shaky. You may not be aware of just how much your feelings about your body are stopping you from being spontaneous in life and doing many of the everyday things that people with a sound body image take for granted. This is bound to be affecting your contentment with life. But this probably has nothing to do with the way you actually look. There is an internal standard within you that you feel you fall short of and this is affecting the quality of your life more than you may realise. Yours is a life beset by limitations. "

This is right on point and the reason why I still don't dress the way I want to because I think I don't look good enough. I need to get out of this mind frame.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i got a 9.

i'm the bomb dot com regardless if i'm overweight, underweight, on the right weight.

I got a 9 also, but I feel pretty much the same way, I rocked the chubby body :smile: now I'm wanting to get healthier and I'll really rock a more fit body!! :bigsmile:

I :heart: myself and I think that's a good thing :wink:
  • Gheaden35
    Options
    40+ humm didn't realize until now.. Have to work on this. :ohwell:
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options

You live comfortably in your body - most of the time. However, your body image and, therefore, your self-confidence can from time to time be a little shaky and there is a risk that certain situations could make you anxious on account of the way you feel about your body, size, shape or appearance. There are several aspects to this that you may need to work on in order to reduce this anxiety and make your life more comfortable.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You have scored 36 points.
  • ebonaskavi
    ebonaskavi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a problem in that this quiz goes from Never to Occasionally. I think for a lot of the things that I said Occasionally I would have put Rarely if that were an intermediate level. Just sayin... I was a 22 which I'm pretty ok with.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    11.. I am so full off myself. A year earlier and 40+lbs ago that score would be much higher.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    57. Not so good.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    SCORE 40+
    You are suffering from a condition called body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) which is translated as body hatred.

me too.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    59. Yeaaaah.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    30 - lack confidence. I already knew that, but my score would have been way higher 85 lbs ago, and it will be lower 15 lbs from now.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I scored a 20.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    32 and I am ok with that. I think it would actually be kind of awful if I didn't think badly about how my health is currently. I have been doing a lot to make better choices, but those choices are going to take months if not years to be reflected in the way I look and in blood tests that I will be taking since I am under a doctors care for a variety of health issues.

I don't necessarily think an unhealthy person should feel bad. If you are doing everything you can to get back in a healthy place or if you have something that can't be cured and it's not something caused by a bad lifestyle then don't be hard on yourself. But, if you have issues that can be resolved with diet and exercise and you just don't do anything about it, then maybe looking in the mirror and saying to yourself this is horrible, I need to change it isn't such a bad idea.
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Scary - 40! But those bad feelings are part of my motivation to slim - I don't want to feel like this any more.

So all the comments from people who've lost weight saying their self esteem and body image have improved are great to see - thanks guys.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I scored a 3!

Yeah, so I'm a bit broken after an accident 21.5 years ago, but even so, at this point in my life I feel like I'm in the best shape that I've ever been in, even before the accident. I gotta' admit that for the first several months after recovering from the accident, going out in public in a wheelchair was a bit intimidating and yeah, somewhat uncomfortable. But it didn't take long for me to get over that and now, I never even give it a second thought. :glasses:

^^^LIKE^^^ That is awesome and you have much to be proud of!!
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    You have scored 33 points.

SCORE 30-40

You have a poor body image that is placing major restrictions on your willingness to engage in the day-to-day tasks of everyday life, destroying your ability to have fun, and denting your self-esteem in a very big way. I wonder if you have been aware of this until now - it is so much easier just to avoid doing the things that give us anxiety.

You may not have a perfect body, indeed your body may be very far from perfect, however, your body has become your enemy and you are very self-absorbed. You are probably unaware that your feelings are not an accurate reflection of how you really are or of how other people see you.

We live in a society that places a lot of value on personal appearance and on the responsibility we take upon ourselves to achieve that appearance. You see this on the television and in magazines and in all those messages in the media that tell you to diet and exercise and keep yourself looking young and beautiful.

Most people believe that poor body image makes you feel bad about yourself but the reverse is actually true - a very poor body image is a sign of damaged self-esteem and feelings of deep unworthyness. This may go back a long way in your life and it doesn’t help at all when you feel you have to avoid so many anxiety provoking situations in which you have to confront your body.

But your body is the only one you have for better or worse, and it doesn’t respond well to being beaten into shape by diets or punishing exercise programmes which are only a temporary solution to a damaged sense of self. In the most serious of cases of poor body concept a person will feel bad about themselves if they haven’t exercised or if they have broken an eating rule no matter how small the lapse may be.

Even your perception may be distorted; you have primed yourself to see only people who you feel look better than you, and you hardly notice the vast array of different sizes and shapes which make up our human race.

You need expert help from a psychotherapist or counsellor to restore your relationship with your body and to learn to express this in relaxed, accepting feelings and permissions to do whatever anyone else is doing - no matter how you look. Your body is not just a vessel - it is the temple of your soul, the way you experience love, relationships and all the positive things in life that reach us through our senses.

Sounds about right.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Scored 8 I'm happy with that ????