The official beachbody sucks thread

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Ok, has no one else noticed that the OP has an 'online fitness coaching business' and Jules is his girlfriend, trying to help him get business on here by starting a BB bashing thread?

Girlfriend? You mean wife, right?

But who is Jules? (I mean, I found her on his FL after your post, but what's her significance to your post? I'd never heard of her.)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ok, has no one else noticed that the OP has an 'online fitness coaching business' and Jules is his girlfriend, trying to help him get business on here by starting a BB bashing thread?

I noticed that as well. Which is why I was not making any comments ;) Like others have said, to each his or her own.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    You can do Beachbody/p90x consistently for 90 days and see some results.

You can also train consistently for 90 days with proper diet for 90 days.

The difference? The latter is free and yield greater result.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of beachbody but it's pretty sad when you have to slam another system just to promote your own online business. Grow some and stand on your own. If your system works, then promote it without badmouthing others.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

But who is Jules? (I mean, I found her on his FL after your post, but what's her significance to your post? I'd never heard of her.)

She posted on page 1, a few posts down from the OP, bashing the BB program and saying her guy's plan worked better. I saw she was his wife and partner in their business after I checked out her profile. Jules was the profile name.

I mean if you want to advertise your online coaching business, go ahead, but don't start a thread bashing another product to do it.

BTW, I have no interest in BB stuff either. To each their own. Do what works for you.
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a beached whale body. Does that count?

*high five*
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    OMG Scandal!
    Wait til the Coaches show up. Shts about to pop off!
    tumblr_lej0ofiHuB1qbch1m.gif
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

She posted on page 1, a few posts down from the OP, bashing the BB program and saying her guy's plan worked better. I saw she was his wife and partner in their business after I checked out her profile. Jules was the profile name.

I mean if you want to advertise your online coaching business, go ahead, but don't start a thread bashing another product to do it.

BTW, I have no interest in BB stuff either. To each their own. Do what works for you.

It's against forum rules to advertise so no, not ok and yes I know a BB coach on here that was a "friend" and tried to sell me Shakeology which is why she is no longer a friend. If I want to buy something I will go search for it myself.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    This thread is sure to bring a wide range of emotion

60a755363bddd91772b42fd6a8030a8a.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Ok, has no one else noticed that the OP has an 'online fitness coaching business' and Jules is his wife, trying to help him get business on here by starting a BB bashing thread?

Great catch Debbie. I completely agree with you that this is shady business practice. The OP signed up on MFP 2 years ago but just started posted two weeks ago and his first thread was this fishing expedition.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937222-offering-advice-to-others

I wonder if his recent decision to become more active on the boards has something to do with starting a new career as a PT?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Ah. Duh. Yeah, I missed her on page one.

Dang it. I was all in favor of this thread (or at least the general idea behind it...but probably for petty vindictive reasons since my first strike ever on MFP was for a post I made on a BBV thread), but this little revelation takes a lot of the fun out of it.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I did lose quite a bit of weight doing insanity, granted it's just boring and unsustainable for me... However P90x is terrible and I HATE Tony with a fiery passion of the sun
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Yup. Both of their profile pages are full of advertisements and promotions about the OP's online training biz which would be in competition with BB.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have loved every beachbody program that I've done, but I haven't given a penny to the company. Hooray for pirate bay.
    Right with ya!!! Love torrents for this stuff!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    what does "natious" mean....
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_qfs1QjpBgIxOaCGyRMVLQjxMxVocwGC_LRBmXItnbVPUJ1Bh1g
  • cheeniesky
    cheeniesky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bahahaha thats funny
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I love the BB programs I have played with, but I highly doubt that Shakeology is half as nutritious as my morning smoothie, or my post workout shake...
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't mind talking the stuff down when someone tries to promote it, but starting a thread to bash something is pretty sucky.
    Now that we know the OP's motivation, I guess that explains a lot.
This discussion has been closed.