Not pregnant... but thanks for asking?

Options

Replies

• lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Options
    This actually happened to me today. Sigh. I wish all my fat didn't gather at my stomach. Some could go to my *kitten*. I suffer from NAALD (no *kitten* at all disease). Haha!

LOL, me too!!! I always say I have the white girl pancake booty. have big boobs, and then all my weight likes to hang out on my belly... but my *kitten* didn't get invited to the party.
  • EmilyGMcK
    EmilyGMcK Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had this when I started my current job. A girl started at the same time and she told us a couple weeks into our employment that she was expecting, which was great.

One of my work mates wasnt in when she told everyone but obv heard evidentually that "one of the new girls is pregnant".

So in she walks straight up to me exclaiming: "congrats! I could tell you were expecting, your tummy was expanding, I was just waiting for you to tell us!"

At this point the girl who is actually pregnant pipes in "eh...its actually me thats pregnant"

This was the day I decided I needed to get a grip of my weight.

Honestly wanted to cry!
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've taken the "never ask" so far that I had a coworker who was 7 months pregnant before I realized. She said "you couldn't tell?" I said, "well, I didn't want to say anything..." Not quite as awkward.
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me at least three times in the last 5 years or so. The first time, I was so mortified, I was at work and ran into the bathroom and cried my eyes out. The second time, I was just a ***** back and said IM NOT PREGNANT. These were two women. The most recent was a man. I just sort of laughed and said babies were too expensive. Men are so stupid, women should know better. I don’t even ask women who are blatantly pregnant if they are, it’s just rude. Anyways I feel ya sister.
  • MeganGable
    Options
    lol, lol, lol love it
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I once had a woman argue with me that I was previously pregnant and had a baby. Not sure if it was fat related (I needed to lose 10lbs) or if she just had a really bad memory. Conversation went like this...

Woman: Oh, you presented to us last Fall right? How old is your baby now?
    Me: Uhh...I'm currently 5 months pregnant with my first baby. I don't have any other children.
    Woman: But you were pregnant then too. You're still pregnant?
    Me: Well, that was 10 months ago. So no. That would have been an impossibly long pregnancy.
    Woman: Well, I was sure you were pregnant then.
    Me: Uhh...nope. Just pregnant now.
    Woman: Well I can hardly tell. You aren't really showing at all.
  • MeganGable
    Options
    lol, lol, lol nope, just a big lunch, i can’t stop laughing girl, i know, i get “food babies” too!
  • barbi1281
    barbi1281 Posts: 48
    Options
    Two things -
    One - You'll get to where you need to be so eff em :smile:
    Two - I've answered the are you pregnant question before and my response was... very sweetly I looked at the person and smiled and said "Nope, I'm just fat but thanks for asking"... she actually looked mortified :laugh: - by far more embarrassed than I was. From then on that was my answer in the same way...
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That happened to me at the pediatricians office. I was checking in with the receptionist while I was holding my 6 month old baby and she asked "Are you pregnant again?" I was like, "uh, no I still just have my baby belly, thank you!"
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I was working as a cashier at a supermarket and at my heaviest, I had a woman ask when I was due. When I said "Oh, I'm not pregnant", she gave me a snotty look and said "well you LOOK it". I was so angry! WHAT A B****!!! So I responded "And you're ugly. At least there's something I can do for myself!" Thankfully, she tucked her tail between her legs and left because I was so shocked at myself that I said something so rude. Not to mention I have no idea what I'd do if she continued and made a scene!
  • lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Options
    Now, I will say there was a good-ish time when I got asked a similar question, although it was embarassing still - I was meeting with a client in the lobby of my workplace right after I'd lost my first 10lbs and had lost 5 inches from my waist. She asked me how old my baby was, and I said I didn't have kids. She went on to say in a loud and distinctive voice that carried (she was from another country), while making very animated gestures in that direction, that my boobs were just so big compared to the rest of me that she assumed that I was nursing. While in the moment I was embarrassed because an entire lobby full of people were staring at my chest, afterwards I thought "well shoot, I must be doing something right if people are going from thinking I'm preggers to thinking I've already had the baby!"
  • barbi1281
    barbi1281 Posts: 48
    Options
    Just tell people you ate your twin.
    But seriously, here's to you not having to deal with this in the near future! :drinker:

Lol that's an awesome idea :laugh:
  • toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    and jdad1....of course you do not think its rude...you will NEVER be in the position to get ask a question like that ever....men....why is a man even replying to this???? men have NO Idea....
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The best (and worst time) I've heard the question asked was at my grandmother's nursing home in the Alzheimers unit. There was a man there that was very blunt and LOUD. He asked a women who was visiting her relative: "SO ARE YOU PREGNANT OR JUST FAT?" (the whole dining room could hear him he was so loud). The women said "No, I'm not pregnant." A few minutes later he repeated "SO ARE YOU PREGNANT OR JUST FAT?" This went on for a good 10/15 minutes and finally the women said "Yes, I'm pregnant." The man congratulated her and stopped asking. I felt TERRIBLE for the women, but it was also quite funny given the circumstance.
  • toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It is not rude to ask a women if she is pregnent. If she looks prenent then it is not the askers fault. If you look pregnent and you are offended then you are the one being rude if you decide to take offense. (assuming someone is honestly asking of course and not just being mean)

Seriously? So, how big is your penis? When are you planning on having sex with your wife to have your next baby? Rude question - no one needs to know about what goes on inside my womb.

If someone looks sick, I don't say "wow, you look like *kitten*, when did you get the flu?!" Same principle applies.

^^^^^^THIS!!!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Now, I will say there was a good-ish time when I got asked a similar question, although it was embarassing still - I was meeting with a client in the lobby of my workplace right after I'd lost my first 10lbs and had lost 5 inches from my waist. She asked me how old my baby was, and I said I didn't have kids. She went on to say in a loud and distinctive voice that carried (she was from another country), while making very animated gestures in that direction, that my boobs were just so big compared to the rest of me that she assumed that I was nursing. While in the moment I was embarrassed because an entire lobby full of people were staring at my chest, afterwards I thought "well shoot, I must be doing something right if people are going from thinking I'm preggers to thinking I've already had the baby!"

You're telling me that you didn't like the attention on your boobs?! Come on woman! :D Congrats on the progress btw :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It kills me that women are usually the worst offenders on this. A woman should know better than to ask that question of another woman.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I observed a man giving up his seat on the train for this lady. I could tell straightaway that she was NOT pregnant. The lady took the seat and sat there sneakily wiping away tears. The man was oblivious.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned you NEVER EVER ask a woman if she's pregnant, end of story no matter what.

This! Unless you actually see the baby crowning, and even then :laugh:

Back in high school I volunteered to help out a grade 3 class. One of the students asked me if I was pregnant in front of the whole class. They all laughed and I was mortified. Kids are so brutally honest. I was only 16 at the time as well. It really bothered me.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I observed a man giving up his seat on the train for this lady. I could tell straightaway that she was NOT pregnant. The lady took the seat and sat there sneakily wiping away tears. The man was oblivious.

I know a lot of men who'd give up their seat for a lady whether she looks pregnant or not..chivalry I guess. Not in NYC though.