Not pregnant... but thanks for asking?

Options

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Listen to this and then LAUGH if this ever happens again. It's worth the full listen but go to 1:48 if you are in a hurry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-5mDyCKac

Take Luck!
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    I swear, if I had a dollar for every time someone awkwardly asks me if I'm pregnant... I'd have enough money for liposuction. :wink:

Seriously though...

And then there's the awkward "oh, I'm not..." and like, what do you say then? "Sorry I have so much belly fat that it confused you and made you think i was actually growing another human being in there? Nope, I'm just fat."

Sigh...

Unless they see you crowning, nobody should EVER ask anyone if they are expecting!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It is not rude to ask a women if she is pregnent. If she looks prenent then it is not the askers fault. If you look pregnent and you are offended then you are the one being rude if you decide to take offense. (assuming someone is honestly asking of course and not just being mean)

So if a woman asks when you became such a d*ck, you'd be ok with that right? Or when was the last time you had sex? Or if you've ever had sex??

Since when did it become anyone's business what a woman does with her body? Would you ask a woman you didn't know if she's had a boob job??

People have no cooth or sense anymore. Geez.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Some people! I swear! :explode:

I've had a co-worker do this to me! She said (no kidding) "Are you pregnant, or just have a fat belly like me?" What?!?! Really?!? I replied "Nope, just fat" Ugh! To make matters worse, she tried to make up for it a week later by asking me if I'd lost weight. "Nope, still fat" She was notorious for having a big mouth, so my feeling weren't hurt but I was seriously offended. Ok, I'm fat, I admit it, but please don't point it out, and if you make the mistake of asking someone this question, just lower your face in embarrassment and walk away, DON"T try to make it better with more comments on their weight!
  • Summer003
    Options
    I had just had my baby, so I guess, it was understandable... But I was walking around the halls in the hospital and someone asked me when my baby was due... I was like... I gave birth yesterday. LOL Even the lady was embarrassed... And, being post-partum I went back to room and cried my eyes out. Funny thing, I still have that baby belly and my daughter is four! Still working on it, I guess. :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned you NEVER EVER ask a woman if she's pregnant, end of story no matter what.

I totally agree I lost a baby in the fifth month of pregnancy and it killed me everytime someone asked me! Never as a woman that it is personal and can sometimes be upsetting. Of course after I had the baby I had a belly for a while. Of course I had an answer that shut them up and probably cured them of ever asking that question again. People are stupid and rude.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    Yup happened to me the other day! I just say nope I'm just fat. :) The look on their face is priceless.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah that does really suck, especially if you want to be but aren't :-(

I've always had weak core muscles so this time round have been working really hard on my ab muscles. Even though I still have a ways to go with weight loss, it's changing my shape and posture and I carry the weight better. I'm sure something like that would work for you, and you do start to see changes within a couple of weeks.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    It is embarrassing and awkward. I don't carry my weight anywhere but in the front on my belly and my thighs. If you were to look at me from behind you most likely wouldn't be able to tell that I am 60 lbs overweight. I started JM30DS this morning and I hope by the end of 30 days I will look "less pregnant".
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I swear, if I had a dollar for every time someone awkwardly asks me if I'm pregnant... I'd have enough money for liposuction. :wink:

Seriously though...

And then there's the awkward "oh, I'm not..." and like, what do you say then? "Sorry I have so much belly fat that it confused you and made you think i was actually growing another human being in there? Nope, I'm just fat."

Sigh...

Unless they see you crowning, nobody should EVER ask anyone if they are expecting!

LOL!
  • htiafyenaffit
    htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that happen but I think its ridiculous ... unless the person looks like they're legit about to pop there is no reason to ask its not your business anyways if they wanted you to know they would tell you. There is a big difference between fat and pregnant the shape is a huge give away I can't understand people. Once my mom went with me to the drs office and some women came up touched her belly and said how far are you? and I went into protective ***** mode lol I was like um shes not ****ing pregnant hahah my mom didn't like that though
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just say "I'm not pregnant." No apologies. They don't mean any harm by it, even if it totally upsets you. They'll likely be more embarrassed.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I observed a man giving up his seat on the train for this lady. I could tell straightaway that she was NOT pregnant. The lady took the seat and sat there sneakily wiping away tears. The man was oblivious.

I know a lot of men who'd give up their seat for a lady whether she looks pregnant or not..chivalry I guess. Not in NYC though.

This. Maybe he wasn't oblivious and was just being nice.

He was oblivous to her tears but I noticed it (being a fellow woman) :smile:
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned you NEVER EVER ask a woman if she's pregnant, end of story no matter what.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was a general rule not to ask if somone if they were pregnant, just incase they are not!. One benefit of looking prego is great parking at costco lol

Even if a baby is coming out of her, wait for her to say she's pregnant.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I am pregnant and I fear that because I am so big (all over not just my belly) I will never actually look pregnant. I would love to have the beautiful shape of a pregnant woman to tell the world that I am expecting. But I think I will only look fat and not pregnant. Right now I am at 3.5 months. We will see what happens in a few months. I have considered buying a few maternity t-shirts with cute slogans on it so that it will be more obvious to people that I am pregnant. Is it sad that this is important to me?

I agree that asking a woman if she is pregnant when you are not sure is rude but I also agree that people don't mean to be offensive and really they are just trying to share your joy and celebrate what they think is a special event in your life.
  • gwynethsmom
    Options
    I get it all the time! Sometimes I just don't respond and other times I tell them I'm six months. Lol
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you hang out on a pregnancy forum you will find many women p*d off that people assume they are just fat instead of pregnant.

And that happens. And that has more real consequence.

BTW, before I got pregnant and was hot, men gave up their seats for me all the time. But when I was in my 3rd trimester pregnant with twins, NO ONE gave up their seat for me anymore. Now THAT is a reason to be ticked off.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Seriously though...

Sigh...

Hahahaha. Best post ever!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    My first day back to work after pregnancy. Leave a customer asked when I was having the baby. I still see him and refuse to wait on him. I mean he is there every day he did not notice I was gone 8 weeks? Not to mention i really was not large! Grr.

On the other hand my mom was checking out a lady who appeared 9 months pregnant. Buying nothing but cleaning supplies and my mom told her be careful some are harmful to baby and the lady said she wasn't pregnant. My mom wanted to sink into floor