What was your wake up call?

Options

Replies

• Mynxii
    Mynxii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    having a health check and being told I have the metabolism of a 56 year old - I'm 41!!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Going on 2 cruises in the last 3 years and having my husband oggle other women. I mean, I know he has the right to look but it does hurt my feelings. I want him to look at me like that.
  • skittle1120
    Options
    My bulldog-type quarter horse started to shy away when I went to get up in the saddle. I'm 5'10" and currently a tight size 16, and I'm up almost 20 pounds from this time last year. My goal is to be back in shape well enough to be able to mount her from the ground, bareback, again.
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When I looked in the mirror and said "whoa.... when the hell did I get a second chin!?" But I've lost 28lbs since OCT 2012.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When my clothes stopped fighting me & started having to buy bigger sizes, I thought this is stupid, why am I buying bigger sizes I need to lose weight.

Also having health problems & no energy
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Being asked when I was expecting by the carers I worked with (more than once) and then seeing pictures of me at a friends birthday party. It was fancy dress. I should have gone as a planet.
  • mumblefrog
    Options
    My wake up call was this past Christmas I knew I had to change my ways if my husband and I want to have children but it was a picture of myself from christmas dinner where I was like holy cow is that me I didnt feel that huge but it was embarrising
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    ohhhh several things. Most recently though was my neighbor was babysitting a girl that I had never met. I went to go borrow a rake and the girl asked me if I had a baby in my belly. That gave me the extremely hard shove back into my motivation!!

Other than that...
    -qualified for gastric sleeve surgery(I'm only 22)
    -was put on zocor and metformin
    -couldn't walk a flight of stairs without being out of breath.
    -was going to a size 2x in womans.
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Seeing horrid pictures of myself, and realizing one day, in December of 2011, that I felt like an 82 year old at 42 - everything hurt, my knees, my feet, my back... I woke up in the morning and felt like I had gone to the gym and overworked myself the day before, without having done ANYTHING. Finally I just said 'I have had enough of this - I need to do something."
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I have several...1) Crying in fitting rooms 2) No pictures of me and my only child because I've been embarrassed of how I look 3) Always being the fattest in my group of friends 4) On a CPAP to sleep 5) Feet and knees staring to hurt so bad I hobbled when I walked and I'm only 37 6) Tired all the time and not playing with my son because I rather sit my fat butt in the lazy boy 7) Realizing I looked like the people on Biggest Loser 8) Swearing I'd never get over 200 and the scale said 246 one day 9) Needing a Monster/Red Bull or 5 Hour just to get through the day...Final straw was my blood pressure skyrocketing to 174/124 and being put on medication.

I've only lost 25 pounds so far, but I'm feeling so much better and more optimistic then I have in a long time. Haven't had an energy drink in 8 weeks:)
  • Prettee2B
    Prettee2B Posts: 39
    Options
    My wake up call was when I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and I recall seeing a video of my self- I remember saying "Is that me"? I must say that I'm a little too embarassed to state my original wake up call but I had gained so much weight that I needed my husband to wipe my behind-OMG I cant believe I actually confessed that. I guess there were many wake up calls piled up to convince me that I needed to make a change. IMMEDIATELY
  • GraeKat
    GraeKat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1. Signing up for a mudrun. .training for 3 months . and my husband still beating me without having done a thing to prepare. He didn't work out not one time. Nothing. Zip. .. zero. He is not an athletic person at all. To this day he thinks I "let him" beat me.
    2. Going to the doctor and finding out I weighed 213. The most I've ever weighed and not been pregnant.
    3. Doing a boudiour photo shoot after deciding to lose a little weight and still not liking the way I looked in pictures.
    4. Did ANOTHER boudiour photo shoot after doing Insanity for a month. STILL not where I want to be.

The reality checks/reminders just continue.
  • VonTinka
    VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depression got me eating loads and i used to be active and slim and did martial arts ect. Seen old pics, something switched on inside especially with my boyfriend admiring naked skinny girls in magazines! haha
  • christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    when i went to the emergency for stomach pain, they told me i had gastritis and i had to start taking medicine, i refuse to take medicine because i rather solve the problem, since i know the doctors arent going to help me with that, i started reaserching the reasons on y, online and i started eating healthy, i also was suffering from a lot of different things, like kidney infecctions (for lack of water) its gone, size 22, out of shape (couldnt even go upstairs wihout getting tired. So i decided to start drinking to green juices one before breakfast and one before dinner, i feel so much better now, i try to log in every day even thoug sometimes i dont have a chance to finish my log but i do eat at least 1200 a day i started at 235 now im 215 thanks!!
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I got on the scale and it read 291.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My reasons mirror daisydaisy - I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Dr. ofc visit in Feb. and the registered weight made me feel even worse. Couldn't believe I had let myself get to this point. My step-son recommended this site.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Saw a picture of myself with my daughter ....... didn't recognize myself :sad:

Immediately began to change eating habits ....... lost 45 lbs ...... still have a little ways to go ....... it's all good !
  • stace219
    stace219 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Being prescribed blood pressure medication in my 30s.
  • phdiva12
    phdiva12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Realizing that my identity and weight were not one in the same. And realizing that I was very blessed to have the life, family, and friends that I had. I believe that being at peace with myself helped me to avoid all the desperation and negativity that usually comes with the fad diets!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Seeing a pic of myself and not believing or recognizing that person (in a bad way). I cried that whole day.