Texting is NOT ENOUGH, Pick Up the Damned Phone!!

Options

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Fine...I WILL call you old fashioned!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Get a house phone?

What are we, in the 70's??

She's complaining about texting. House phone = problem solved.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I know, it seems guys don't want to go on a date unless they are really expecting to get some. That's just ridiculous.

TRUE!
  • Fittykitty11
    Options
    I sometimes have major social anxiety with talking on the phone. I have a very select group of people whom I am okay with talking to on the phone... and no it's not 'technology' that did it... I was that way when I was little and using a house phone too.

So surely I am not the only one who is like that.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I actually said this the other day, too. Texting is no biggy, but once in a while, its nice to know there is a real live human being on the other end, and a voice would be nice, too once in a while.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I agree with you it's the reason I'm in a relationship when honestly...

Anyways, its the norm now there is no such thing as courtship. You are pretty much only a piece of azz. Dont expect much from em' you'll just be disappointed.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Court? Who says that anymore?

Seriously?

I'm 40 and the last time I heard that term used that way, it was by my grandparents.

The world changed in the last 50 or so years. Catch up.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Oh and I prefer sexting to actual texting, I like every text to contain something dirty, even if it's from strangers.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid the only COURT involved in dating these days is the kind where your date needs bail.
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    MyHoney and I actually met on a knitting forum, and while we now text quite frequently, when he first gave me his number, it was all phone calls. We would talk for 4 hours at a time (yay time difference between California and South Dakota). I enjoyed being courted by him and I don't think it has anything to do with not being a modern woman - it's just plain nice to have someone speak nicely to you and say poetic things to you. Yes, he opens the doors for me most of the time. But really? We both work full time. We split the bills. It's nothing to do with being "modern."

The guys I met before him that were all about the instant messaging/texting? Were also all about their instant gratification. It sucks.

But it is also today's world. Technology is there. If you don't want them texting you, then tell them that up front. Let them know the expectations you have.

And best of luck!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably more that 30 year old guys are, in general, morons. I've been with my husband for a very long time, but I look around and thank my lucky stars that I don't have to choose from the common lot of 30-something guys out there.

Go to the internet, seriously. At least that way you know you're talking to people who are serious about dating someone and finding a partner. The average guy at the coffee shop or bar isn't looking beyond the next week. I met my husband online quite by accident in 1995, I was looking up some information and he had a web page with a broken link, I sent him a message that said, "your link is broken" and he replied that it wasn't, then helped me download the file on my computer and then we just kept talking. A couple months later we met, 6 months after that we moved in together. 18 years later we're happily married.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Oh and I prefer sexting to actual texting, I like every text to contain something dirty, even if it's from strangers.

She says that, but do you see her number in this response? Nooooo.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Anyone that is so needy that the HAVE to talk on the phone is someone that I generally don't want to date anyway. I hate talking on the freaking phone. I can have a nice long conversation with someone when I am with them. The only way I generally want to talk on the phone is if I don't see someone very often, and there is actually something in particular to talk about that is too long and drawn out for me to want to type if in my phone.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I'd rather a text, guess i'm strange like that. It annoys me when my phone rings, unless it's someone I agreed to talk to.

Put me in the strange catagory. I would rather text. Hell I do not even call my own mother most of the time I just text her unless what I have to tell her is going to take too long to text then I will call.

I have social anxiety as well and I communicate 1000 times better through text because I can think through what I want to say, seriously on the phone I can be a bumbling idiot... in text I am less ofa bumbling idiot and more just an idiot lol

The guy I am currently looking at going on a date with did just come out and say "will you go on a date with me?" I said "yeah as soon as our schedules sync of course" this all took place through text and I am totally OK With it.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    although i prefer text it is just quicker think i am to old to be have a long drawn out convo over the phone. if you want to talk we can go get dinner or coffee or just take a walk.

i will call the thread starter any time she wants i saw her pics in that other thread :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Options. You're discovering what it feels like to be a 19-year old boy, when the girls are all flakey from choosing from lots of options and drop you at a moment's notice.

Courtship died longer than 10 years ago. I remember learning that lesson when I was about 20. All this "asking out" and "dating" and "friendship" and "romance" and stuff failed to produce sex. Then, I discovered I had it backwards, have sex first, and THEN you can date and be romantic!

Nothing's really changed, other than texting makes it a lot easier to do what everyone did anyway.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Dude, dating is depressing. This one time I tried match.com and those men are weird looking and illiterate. They also all have kids from multiple past wives/girlfriends. VERY low quality these days. I'm 25 and it seems pretty hopeless. I guess we're supposed to tell ourselves that the "right" guy will come along at the "right" time. Basically, it's best not to dwell on it.

Also, I hate talking on the phone and would die if I had to do it with some guy I barely know.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I got nothing... my bf and I usually chat on fb to be honest (I on my phone, he on the computer). I really prefer it. And I really really hate when someone leaves me a voice mail.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    MyHoney and I actually met on a knitting forum, and while we now text quite frequently, when he first gave me his number, it was all phone calls. We would talk for 4 hours at a time (yay time difference between California and South Dakota). I enjoyed being courted by him and I don't think it has anything to do with not being a modern woman - it's just plain nice to have someone speak nicely to you and say poetic things to you. Yes, he opens the doors for me most of the time. But really? We both work full time. We split the bills. It's nothing to do with being "modern."

The guys I met before him that were all about the instant messaging/texting? Were also all about their instant gratification. It sucks.

But it is also today's world. Technology is there. If you don't want them texting you, then tell them that up front. Let them know the expectations you have.

And best of luck!

Favorite and appropriate answer.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

YOLO wut up bebz sawz sum roadkill looked like a dead katz must of been there a week cuz it stunked! Lots of maggots all ups in dar and a big ol bear got bears poo on the katz rotted maggot head.

whew! I'm exhausted that was some dirty texting.