Replies

• CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I go to the Long Beach YMCA!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    A local family owned gym, membership is a bit more than I used to pay at "She's Fit" but the difference is, I love my gym now.

"She's Fit" is a 16$ a month, women's only gym. It is packed ALL THE TIME because the membership fee is so low, you are only allowed on cardio machines for 20min because there are always people waiting. I went there for about 1.5 years and I was just another number.

At my gym now I pay 48$ a month (because I signed up for a year at first ,had i signed up for 2 years it would have been 38, but because I hated my other gym I didn't want to chance that big of a commitment)

They know who I am when I walk in the door, everyone is always very helpful and nice, there are plenty of machines, i've never had to wait for anything.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Theres some stuff I can use at work, it's new but cheap. I go to my local ymca.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Gym at the hotel up the road...for some reason we have a 4 star hotel in the middle of nowhere but hey !
    as a student it's cheaper than the one I originally wanted, but it's more "cosy and intimate" plus I get to jog up there !
    about £33 a month (students) £55 (gold membership - which is what I'd need...thank the lord I'm a student for another 4years :) )
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Another YMCA user. I love it. I like the unlimited classes and the wide variety of classes at different times during the day. I recently went from a single to Family membership and my husband is enjoying taking the strength training classes with me. The family rate is pretty affordable as long as its used:) I was paying $5 a Zumba class and now with all the classes my husband, and stepdaughter take, its like $1 a class:)
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym and Fitness Center at my country club
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Gold's Gym and Fitness Center at my country club

I use to train clients at golds. Only downside to it was access to the bench and squat rack I use to have to train my clients during off hours because those stations were always packed! Otherwise I think golds had the best atmosphere out of any gym. Especially if you are of the bodybuilding mentality.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Best gyms:
    Anytime- 24 hours
    Lifetime- for amenities
    Nautilus- Old school gym

Worst gyms:
    Gold's: contracts that are harder to get out of than alkatraz
    Planetfitness: judge free my tail? Im sorry my dedication and drive to get stronger intimidated your lazy, unmotivated behind.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Best gyms:
    Anytime- 24 hours
    Lifetime- for amenities
    Nautilus- Old school gym

Worst gyms:
    Planetfitness: judge free my tail? Im sorry my dedication and drive to get stronger intimidated your lazy, unmotivated behind.

Lol planet fitness is judgment free unless your actually trying to make GAINZ

Golds is expensive almost always crowded but I always enjoyed the company
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Base Gym.....my home.....the Y.

I work on base and it's easy to get to at lunch. I have a gym room in my house with dumbbells, fitness balls, elastics, a bench, work out DVDs and a medium screen TV.

The Y is used on those days I can't get to the base gym and need more than what I have at the house....not only that they have a year round pool.
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    Chuze $10/mo and I never waited for a machine
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    An All ladies gym here called Elements, I guess it is some sort of chain, but I had never heard of it till it came here.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YMCA now that my work pays for it. Before that was at anytime fitness. Both have their pro's n con's.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Best gyms:
    Anytime- 24 hours
    Lifetime- for amenities
    Nautilus- Old school gym

Worst gyms:

Golds is terrible. I had a membership in Arlington, VA and when I moved to Silver Spring, they claimed that I could still use the club because it was less than 25 miles away. Anyone who lives in this area knows what a load of crock that is. They refused to let me out of it until I went to Corporate. I will never have a membership with them again.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I go to golds. I like to exercise outside.... Like stairs in our river valley, or walking outside, or bike riding. I also will go swimming at a local pool ran by the city. I work out at home too... Biggest loser sculpt and other DVDs and I have a treadmill.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym. The one I belong to has never had contracts. Great people. Love my gym!
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    I belong to 2, a small local one and Planet Fitness, @PF I love the Arc Trainer, a hour on that in climb mode really burns!
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steve Nash Fitness World. Been a member for almost 20 years. I like that there are different branches throughout the area. One specific cardio kickbox instructor is kiss. *kitten*. Parking is a pain.

My condo building has a gym. I used to never use the treadmill (I was more of an elliptical guy), but the elliptical in my condo's gym sucks, so I started using the treadmill (there are 3). I am now training for my second half marathon. However, the adage that no one uses the condo's gym and pool does not apply to my building. I will use it in the morning when I don't have time to go my normal gym for whatever reason.

I will also occasionally use my city's recreational community. Some more kickass cardio classes.

Stanley Park and the Seawall. Pretty much the only location I will do my long runs.
  • Fast_Track
    Fast_Track Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SportsClub LA! Love the eucalyptus steam room...