'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• Helenal91
    Helenal91 Posts: 71
    Options
    I just want toned thighs. A gap when walking would be nice so there is no chaffing. I don't think my legs are cut out for a thigh gap when feet are together.
  • spacemuffins
    Options
    http://d14ukx05b1sgly.cloudfront.net/www.flirtygirlfit.com_templates/images/flirtygirls-02172011.jpg

See my above inspirational photo of Krista Knee one of the Founders of Flirty girl fitness, she has the -perfect- body, (minus lack of boobs) that I am trying to achieve for myself, she has a thigh gap, and awesome biceps and a cute tummy with awesome abs.. so I am going for the thigh gap! *gasp*... I'll let you know in a year when I get there if the videos help, because I didn't have one before at a zero.

I hate this notion of "the perfect body" because there is not one "perfect body" that our lives are some epic quest to get to and because we are all built differently, losing weight isn't going to make all proportions change or make our body at a bmi of, say, 21, look like someone else's body at bmi 21.

Also if you hadn't got a gap at a size zero before it's doubtful that you will get one now. All the exercises in the world will not change your proportions or bone structure.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager 25 years ago, we used to call it "the gap". We erroneously believed it meant a girl was sexually active. So naive.
    Oh my gosh!! I use to think the same thing!! My girlfriends and I would point and giggle at other girls who had this. Yep, very naive!! :happy:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    The only thigh gap I'm concerned about is the one that I'm creating.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    guys dont care about no thigh gap!!!
    they care about whats between the thighs if you know what i mean lol :P
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i dont like a gap all the way up. the little triangle from top of thigh to crotch is sexy..
  • MAshleyB
    MAshleyB Posts: 76
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has posted anything about this but!
    Apparently on girls there is something called “the glory hole” and this it when a girl stands straight with her feet together- and if her legs touch all the way just before her butt but there is a little hole that is ‘apparently’ the perfect size (I don’t believe in this by the way) and if they don’t touch at all that is ‘apparenlty’ too skinny- and so on.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    i dont like a gap all the way up. the little triangle from top of thigh to crotch is sexy..

yes thats the good gap when your a@# is up high
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Spread legs. Problem solved. You're welcome.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options

That just solves so many of the world's problems doesn't it. ;-)
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

That just solves so many of the world's problems doesn't it. ;-)

It solves my problems for at least a few hours....hahaha
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    guys dont care about no thigh gap!!!
    they care about whats between the thighs if you know what i mean lol :P

lol
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I wouldn't be terribly upset if I developed a thigh gap through living a better, more active lifestyle.

I will also admit that, like pretty much all the women on BOTH SIDES of my family, I carry my weight in my thighs. I always have. I probably always will, though I guess never say never.

Like other female posters here (and probably some males, too), it would be nice to not have "the chafe" going on. I usually wear leggings/spanx under dresses and skirts, because I feel self-conscious and hate the feeling of my legs rubbing together.

However, I feel like the whole thigh gap issue is just another way for women to hate on each other. I don't think a lot of guys pay attention to this.

Heck, I just want to stop feeling so wobbly!
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Never really thought much about the "gap". We all have our own tastes. Some seem to find long, skinny legs attractive. I find nice curves and definition more attractive, gap or no gap.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's like saying, "Do women love a guy who wears size 30 jeans?" I've never gone around checking the tag on a guy to see what size jeans he wore, and I doubt guys care or do the same about women. Does she look good? Do her clothes fit? Will she let you see her OUT of those clothes? That's the kind of things guys care about.

I think it's the sort of thing women care about much more than men.

Way to put it into perspective! I love this...
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Men love the thigh gap....we even have an entire website devoted to it...
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    'Thigh gap' seem to be the thing to have. Hardly fair as not all woman have the hips to achieve it.
    But I don't really get it...who do you do this for? Do men like 'thigh gap' on a girl?
    Same with size zero....do men like size 0 women?
    I mean... is there anyone that really believes you get a higher status from those shapes even if they don't necessarily mean you're healthy?
    What do you guys and girls think of this?

I want one so that when I wear a skirt, my thighs don't rub :)
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Touche
    My mother tells of her Personal Hygiene class in school. The teacher told all of the girls that you know you're the right weight when you can fit your fist between your thighs.

Ah, gotta love 1950s classes, right?

I've had a fist between my thighs before...I mean...what?
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I'm at my heaviest (+20lbs) and at my skinniest I didn't have a thigh gap so I wont hold my breath
    I really don't care for it anyways.

You call it 'thigh gap' I call it 'wide crotch' :laugh:
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just want one so my inner thighs would quit chafing! I unfortuantely don't have the hips to have one either! :grumble: