'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misunderstand "thigh gap" but in my experience, it's more about body shape. You can have thick thighs and have a gap at the same time. Your thighs still touch, but there is a "diamond" shape there. Doesn't really matter if people like it or not. They're like hips, butts, and breasts.....either you'll have on or you won't. Doesn't make you more or less than if your do or don't.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    guys dont care about no thigh gap!!!
    they care about whats between the thighs if you know what i mean lol :P

I'll never forget when my guy friend was talking to a group of guys about this "crazy hot girl" he just met and he said "She even had the thigh gap bro!!!"

Edit: She is skinny, for the record. I am not. It irked me, I'll be honest.

-.-
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer this over a "thigh gap" any day...

Long-Hair-Thick-Thighs.png

:drinker:
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    'Thigh gap' seem to be the thing to have. Hardly fair as not all woman have the hips to achieve it.
    But I don't really get it...who do you do this for? Do men like 'thigh gap' on a girl?
    Same with size zero....do men like size 0 women?
    I mean... is there anyone that really believes you get a higher status from those shapes even if they don't necessarily mean you're healthy?
    What do you guys and girls think of this?

What I think is that some people spend far too much time obsessing over such a thing and how they can go about achieving it.

I will leave them to their "thigh gaps" lol
  • descalzada
    descalzada Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your thighs still touch, but there is a "diamond" shape there. .
    That's how "perfect legs" were described to me 30 years ago --- 3 "diamonds" --- between thighs, below knees, at ankles.
    I've always had that gap, even before I became a runner ... maybe it's the narrow hips?
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone assumes women 'obsess' over this and that its all for the benefit of males.
    It's all down to personal preference. Like some guys want abs; women want a thigh gap.
    I would love a thigh gap because I, personally, think they are pretty hot. Also, this:

thighs_zpsc5ad05b5.jpg
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    Maybe I'm misunderstand "thigh gap" but in my experience, it's more about body shape. You can have thick thighs and have a gap at the same time. Your thighs still touch, but there is a "diamond" shape there..

When I was coming up that's what we called a "gap" also. What they consider today is not attractive to me. Most men like a women with some meat on the legs.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone assumes women 'obsess' over this and that its all for the benefit of males.
    It's all down to personal preference. Like some guys want abs; women want a thigh gap.
    I would love a thigh gap because I, personally, think they are pretty hot. Also, this:

Just as you said, SOME guys want abs, you should say SOME women want a thigh gap...
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I was just excited when they lifted the ban on me entering national forests in corduroy during the dry season....never thought about trying to obtain a gap just didn't want them to rub....

HA!! I had a friend tell me there was no sense in me buying corduroy since my thighs didn't rub together I wouldn't be able to make the noise that corduroy is supposed to make! lol

Bahahahahahahahahaha
    EDIT - I'm not bothered either way about thigh gaps, but these comments tickled me something awful :laugh:
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Just as you said, SOME guys want abs, you should say SOME women want a thigh gap...

Yes, that is what I meant haha
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, "thigh gap?" Really?
    Judging someone by how little their thighs touch is an all new depth of shallow...I mean, honestly. Unless I stood up right now and checked, I couldn't even tell you if my thighs touched. That's how little I pay attention to something like that.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Im starting to get a tiny bit of a gap and I'm not digging it. I am really afraid it's going to compromise the booty which is just not acceptable. Kind of hoping I get more muscle there and don't end up with too much of a "gap."
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Where are the ladies with the "thigh clap"???? I like those things thick!! If it starts shaking at Christmas it better jiggle until New Years!!!
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Good grief. I'd never heard of 'thigh gap' until I joined MFP. Why on earth would anyone want this / care about whether they have it or not? What next, 'arm gap'? 'Calf gap'? There are more important things in life, people! :-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I used to want a thigh gap. And then I realized it wasn't in my genetic makeup to have one unless I weighed 80 pounds and had little flesh left on my body. So now I'm all like "meh", because why worry yourself over something you'll never have? And any man I date had better not tell me he wishes I had a thigh gap.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    The thigh gap is hot!

It's just one of those things that some members of the opposite sex go crazy for (similar to a 6 pack or the V line on men). Are there plenty of great women without a thigh gap.. absolutely.

Muscle tone, bone structure, and genetics play a huge part in having a thigh gap.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    'Thigh gap' seem to be the thing to have. Hardly fair as not all woman have the hips to achieve it.
    But I don't really get it...who do you do this for? Do men like 'thigh gap' on a girl?
    Same with size zero....do men like size 0 women?
    I mean... is there anyone that really believes you get a higher status from those shapes even if they don't necessarily mean you're healthy?
    What do you guys and girls think of this?

This is an old thread, but it's been bumped, so I will respond anyway. I don't have a thigh gap. I have a gap mostly, but not completely (my thighs lightly touch at the top when standing with my feet together). Anyway, it doesn't matter. It has a lot to do with many different genetic factors and what works easily for one women would not be attractive on another women (the amount she would need to diet down to fight her genetic make-up, muscle distribution and bone placement). For some girls/women it's just a natural result of their fitness. It's like waist size. I have a 23 inch waist, that is my body structure as well. Not everyone can have a very small waist. I am also a size 0 (00 sometimes), and I am very healthy. This is again the result of me having a small bone structure.

So, to answer your question, the answer is: No, most women do not think that the genetic aspects of their body shape and size make them in any way superior and such a thought would never cross their mind. That is your thoughts, not their thoughts. Are there men that find many different shaped and sized women attractive. Of course, there are. What business is that of yours that small or slender people find love and happiness in life as well as any other sized or shaped woman. Just because a person happens to be a certain shape or size, does not mean they promote that for other people or judge other people. And life isn't fair in a lot of ways, but if you make the right choices you can have a good life in the ways that are most important (hopefully).

edit: just realized OP has deactivated.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I always thought being bow-legged was sexy.
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sorry if somebody told the same, I have,'t read the whole thread.

Just to say, maybe the grils wanting a thigh gap are not (only) looking for something very small.
    I think it's not necessary a physical reason if you want that ''thigh gap".

For example, it really hurts when both of your thighs touch each other when you walk, especially if you're wearing a dress, a skirt, or a little pair of shorts. Then comes summer and having thighs which touch each other a lot is very hurtful if you sweat.

And if it's not summer, you can ruin all your trousers very quickly, cause your thighs damage the material of your trousers. I'm talking about really thick thighs.

I'm not obsessed with that, even if, you guessed, I'm really concerned! :) I don't mind to see my thighs being thick, but if they were far away from one another, it would enable me not to suffer from them touching. I think that's one of the possible reason why some girls want a thigh gap
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sorry if somebody told the same, I have,'t read the whole thread.

Just to say, maybe the grils wanting a thigh gap are not (only) looking for something very small.
    I think it's not necessary a physical reason if you want that ''thigh gap".

For example, it really hurts when both of your thighs touch each other when you walk, especially if you're wearing a dress, a skirt, or a little pair of shorts. Then comes summer and having thighs which touch each other a lot is very hurtful if you sweat.

And if it's not summer, you can ruin all your trousers very quickly, cause your thighs damage the material of your trousers. I'm talking about really thick thighs.

I'm not obsessed with that, even if, you guessed, I'm really concerned! :) I don't mind to see my thighs being thick, but if they were far away from one another, it would enable me not to suffer from them touching. I think that's one of the possible reason why some girls want a thigh gap

I don't have a complete thigh gap when I stand with my feet together, but my legs don't touch when I am walking. So, a person does not need to have a big thigh gap to avoid those issues you described.