BLACK GIRLS WORKOUT TOO!!

Options
coco8916
coco8916 Posts: 10 Member
HI! So I ordered and started my black girls workout too DVD! No offense on the title anyone, but its been said that black girls don't workout! It came with a 30 day meal plan and so far, I'm 2 days in. I'm working out in the morning and at night. I'm just doing as much of it as I can until I master it. Ive seen a lot of great results from women all over so watch out, here I COME!!!!!! :tongue:

Replies

• agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Get it girl!!
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    lol @ the title. But hey, its the work out thats important!
  • babiikakess
    Options
    Hi I get my dvd 2mrw and Im so excited... BGWT has so many positive reviews I cant wait to start. I have started a weight loss challenge and I refuse to lose... well scatch that lol because I will lose so I refuse to fail!!! Good Luck
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Really? I have never heard that before! I know black men do =) We have the cutest black couple in the gym...they are older, in their 60's - 70's and she does the classes and is awesome. They are there daily. Do you watch RHOA? If so, which of the 2 video's would you buy? I don't do home video's but Phaedra's is a top seller! Get your workout on and you will have great results too.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Love funny titles.
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Tell us how it is, this white girl might want to try it!
  • shonuff221
    shonuff221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I got my video a few weeks ago. Working my way through it. so far I have been able to master the first 30 mins or so. Anybody have any idea how many calories the dvd burns?
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    YES WE DO! Love it
  • lharris583
    Options
    I've heard great things about this video and since I live in GA and work less than 15 minutes from the the mother/daughter gym, I was gonna stop in and get it but I'm hesistant to because I've asthma so too much "hypness" doesn't work for me. Is it really rigourous?
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Really? I have never heard that before! I know black men do =) We have the cutest black couple in the gym...they are older, in their 60's - 70's and she does the classes and is awesome. They are there daily. Do you watch RHOA? If so, which of the 2 video's would you buy? I don't do home video's but Phaedra's is a top seller! Get your workout on and you will have great results too.

its said that black girls dont want to sweat out their hair-dos that they spent hours in a salon to get perfected... so they opt not to workout.... but now that diabetes and heart disease have killed off their prior generations, younger black women are getting smarter... there are many who have given up perms ( contains carcinogen) and others who just find other ways to deal with the hair issue...

I am grateful for organizations like "blackgirlsrun" and "blackwomendoworkout" among others ( there is a black folks swim or something close to that which is another goody because its not a lie that most blacks never learn how to swim) ...

changing perceptions, changing realities...changing lives...BRINGING SEXY BACK!!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    nice!!! who doesnt love hot Chocolate:) you are looking great
    Kristian Rocco
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    Yes I have the DVD and I <3 It!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

its said that black girls dont want to sweat out their hair-dos that they spent hours in a salon to get perfected... so they opt not to workout....

My hair gets wet everyday after/during Insanity but I still press play :laugh: but you've got a point there as my teenage daughter refused to swim when we were on holiday as she didn't want to get her hair wet :laugh:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Learn something new every day -- I had no idea this was a thing!

All the best with your workout! Go get it!!
  • 4Shantel4
    4Shantel4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this out too !! I'm so proud that we are running away from the stigma and empowering ourselves !!
  • CeriseLewis
    Options
    I sooo know what you all mean about the hair thing. I usually wear braids (for the past three years) so my hair has grown out alot, no relaxer so it is all natural. I work out 6 days a week - very intense workouts so my head sweats and of course my hair gets sweaty...I just deal with it...someone already said our heath is more important. Let us know how the work outs go i would love to get some friends involved with it too.

23229953.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Kristian Rocco

Now this reply gave me a good laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bsmithmia
    bsmithmia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Kristian Rocco

^^^This! Congrats on getting started. Keep us posted on how things are going.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This black girl exercises!! My hair is also natural, so I can sweat it out as much as I want. Go girl
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the only white face at my gym.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!