LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I didn't intend to start drama.

I beg to differ.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    You're 11 years older than me...
    Ah I should point out that when I joined I was using a picture of me when I was 19 since I had no recent pics and had no desire to put one up and didn't have my age listed on my profile. Many months went by and many people helped.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The results you are looking for can be achieved with exercise
    You already look super skinny so try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - I think you will be closer to what you want to be by following her routine in that DVD
    It is free on youtube if you just look for level 1 level 2 and level 3 (you do 10 days on each level)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You're 11 years older than me...

No-one bothers to look at profiles to check how old someone is before they respond. They respond to what's being said in the post.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What do you even want me to say? Admit that I'm an idiot and that I should gtfo?
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    What do you even want me to say? Admit that I'm an idiot and that I should gtfo?

no. I don't think you're an idiot or that you should gtfo. Actually what I think might help is if you stop perceiving everyone who's disagreeing with you as attacks, and instead think about what they're saying, because it might contain some good advice that could benefit you. (or maybe it doesn't... but if you don't consider it then how will you know?)

I didn't even know you were younger than average on here until you stated that you were. I responded to the content of what you wrote in your posts. If you're perceiving that people are being mean on account of your age, then maybe your perception is wrong. And I feel that knowing that and altering your perception will make your experience on this site better and more beneficial, hence why I'm pointing it out.
  • Heypapajinx
    Heypapajinx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a cry for attention. I say this as someone (when younger) had body/food issues. This is something I could have seen myself doing and she knows the type of responses she is going to get by saying "I'm fat".

Sometimes you think about how much you hate your body even if to others, you look great, that you use unhealthy outlets to just get it out of you. It sounds weird but it's true.

Now I am not saying you have any type of actual disorder, But I don't think you will find the help you need here. Find a therapist that will help you deal with the real emotions as to why you feel this way. Much luck.

This. Yes. And Yes again.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    You don't look fat at all. I don't even think you look overweight :noway:
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights, it'll kick your metabolism up and you'll feel hungry! I love lifting.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    A different demographic just seems to use this site. There's bb.com, pro ana forums and here. I choose here.

Why would anyone even CONSIDER a pro-ana forum? Unless they wanted to be or wanted to be thought of as an anorexic anyway. I never did get it even when I WAS a teenager.

To the OP, like others have said, lift weights and eat close to your TDEE. You may never have a thigh gap, genetics plays a huge role in that (and you look small framed from the little avatar, so of course I could be wrong on that).
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Every time I see perfectly lovely young women talk about attaining 'thigh gaps' a little piece of me dies inside

ohhh noooo. is it bad to be happy i have a thigh gap now!!!! Damn..... LOL
  • Pema91
    Pema91 Posts: 44
    Options
    Every time I see perfectly lovely young women talk about attaining 'thigh gaps' a little piece of me dies inside

^^This!!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm calling troll.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options

no. I don't think you're an idiot or that you should gtfo. Actually what I think might help is if you stop perceiving everyone who's disagreeing with you as attacks, and instead think about what they're saying, because it might contain some good advice that could benefit you. (or maybe it doesn't... but if you don't consider it then how will you know?)

I didn't even know you were younger than average on here until you stated that you were. I responded to the content of what you wrote in your posts. If you're perceiving that people are being mean on account of your age, then maybe your perception is wrong. And I feel that knowing that and altering your perception will make your experience on this site better and more beneficial, hence why I'm pointing it out.

This.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Maybe my threads are inane but they don't get responses like the threads from bigger women. Hmm. I'm scared of the attacks now. Nvm this.

The thing is...if you're 30 pounds overweight and have 35% body fat, there are basic changes you need to think about. You might have a question or two about it and most people who have been on here for a minute can offer some insight. Also there are a number of different approaches that can work for different people.

If you are 20% body fat and want a flat stomach...it's a little harder. I've been down to 18% body fat, with ab definition, without having a completely flat tummy. My body isn't built that way. The OP's may or may not be. The answer is weight lifting and once somebody says that, there's not much else to say.

And if you want to have a completely flat tummy sitting down, well, you need Photoshop. So there's a reality-check element there. Maybe people could be more tactful about that, but this is the Internet.

Untrue about the flat belly while sitting.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • SAPerkins01
    Options
    I looked at this post because I struggle with eating enough and have gained quite a bit of weight over the years as a result. Reading all of the posts, I have found that I should try lifting heavy weights. I do some strength training but I thought that low weights, high reps was the way to go so that I don't become bulky. I am only 5'1.25" and don't want to look all muscle-ly. So thanks for the advise to lift heavier. I will work on that as soon as my torn ligaments in my thumb heals.

As for the rest...well...there are no words. It was very eye opening to read the judgements, the excuses, the...everything. I am not quoting anyone, I am not judging, I am just very surprised.

My best to all!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Also squats and lunges are your best friends.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    I looked at this post because I struggle with eating enough and have gained quite a bit of weight over the years as a result. Reading all of the posts, I have found that I should try lifting heavy weights. I do some strength training but I thought that low weights, high reps was the way to go so that I don't become bulky. I am only 5'1.25" and don't want to look all muscle-ly. So thanks for the advise to lift heavier. I will work on that as soon as my torn ligaments in my thumb heals.

you won't look all muscly or bulky... I'm 5'1", large frame, naturally muscular and i do weights, lots of weights... i don't look remotely bulky or muscly, the last couple of times anyone's commented on how I look, the comments were that I was "so thin" and "tiny"
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

you won't look all muscly or bulky... I'm 5'1", large frame, naturally muscular and i do weights, lots of weights... i don't look remotely bulky or muscly, the last couple of times anyone's commented on how I look, the comments were that I was "so thin" and "tiny"

This. Now never ever ever ever say those rumors about women getting bulky ever ever ever again.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    ''•ew fat ppl''

really? seriously?

no matter how thin you get, that attitude will still be ugly.

^^^ THIS!