From fat to fit

Options

Replies

• becky2time
    Options
    I just read this over again, for like the 4th time, it makes me so teary, and proud of you!!! Love ya!
  • ouleanna
    ouleanna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration you are!
  • carrieu79
    Options
    So inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Wtg!
  • long2know
    long2know Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I did notice a couple of comments regarding the marathon and wanted to clarify -

It was a full marathon - 26.2 miles... and I already ran it. It was on 04/07/2013. My time was 04h:42m. On page (10) of this thread, there are some pictures I posted from the event.

Thanks again for the kind words!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, amazing transformation!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Each time I read an inspirational story, like this one, I am amazed. You have accomplished some tremendous feat. Congrats and best wishes for continued success. :smile:
  • TrinnyT
    TrinnyT Posts: 5
    Options
    My God what a transformation! You look so much younger, a little like Chris from Coldplay. :drinker:
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    what an inspirational story, you are a credit to yourself, well done :smile:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Jjrad14
    Jjrad14 Posts: 12
    Options
    What a great post!! Your story is very inspirational, thanks for sharing!
  • long2know
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You must feel great! Congrats!!!!!!

Rush is a favorite of mine...seen them 14 times and each time is better than the last.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Over 100 pounds in 6 months--that alone is amazing! And you have done such a WONDERFUL job.
    And congrats on being able to say you ran a FULL marathon!
  • long2know
    Options
    You must feel great! Congrats!!!!!!

Rush is a favorite of mine...seen them 14 times and each time is better than the last.

I've only seen them live twice... but they have a few more dates this year that aren't too far from me... I may see them soon.. :-)
  • aubreedavis31
    aubreedavis31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing & Good luck with your journey! :)
  • long2know
    Options
    Your story is amazing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing & Good luck with your journey! :)
    Thank you!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow - great job! You've done awesome!
  • Steveburg123
    Options
    Like the way you have changed yourself. Its both inspiring and encouraging for others. Apart from a regular diet chat and exercises, a positive attitude is a must to attain this kind of transformation.
  • long2know
    Options
    Like the way you have changed yourself. Its both inspiring and encouraging for others. Apart from a regular diet chat and exercises, a positive attitude is a must to attain this kind of transformation.
    I agree 100%!

To expound upon that a little, I've learned one thing that doesn't come easily - it really is a journey rather than a destination. I appreciate that cliche more now than ever. Having the positive attitude and enjoying yourself - rather than viewing the journey as a burden - are two things that have helped me immensely.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!