Has anyone tried the 3-day diet with success?

Options

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    i tried it once and didn't make it past lunch on day one. Dry toast is nasty!
  • wyeshiawright
    Options
    On day 3 now and I must say it going OK. I haven't found it hard I guess because I'm really determined to lose weight. See I'd made a big move last year and gained 50 pounds in 3 months I was already 30 pounds over to start. I felt disgusting so I just kept eating I have no friends here and I'm away from everything I've ever known. So one day I decided F**k it I'm going to quit feeling sorry for my self and do it. I must say I've been doing good 1 month ago I started a 1500 calorie diet and working out so this 3day diet isn't so hard wish me luck guys. I'll keep you updated. Oh yea no diarrhea so don't knock it to you try it
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you could possibly lose 10 pounds in 3 days on that plan. I've done Edgar Casey's 3-day apple de-tox (apples, water, nothing else) and lost about 8 pounds, but it comes back. But I got de-toxed!

Rampant diarrhea is supposed evidence of "detoxing"? 'Cause that's what would happen if I only ate a mess of Apples! :laugh:

Yeah, I don't think too many people think that far when they start detoxing or cleansing. It will consist of pooping. Watery, noisy, slippery pooping. And lots of it. Unnecessarily so, as well.

But yeah. Pooping.

And you all know this HOW?

Mostly accidentally. Times when I've eaten like that, being so broke I couldn't afford anything else. It wasn't pleasant.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time in the around 1984. It worked. I kept my weight off from 1984 to 2000 by using it. Then I lost interest cause its SO NASTY and I gained about 50 pounds! I try to use it now, but cant get the interest back. As far as being unhealthy and the diet from hell as people say, its real food and its about 1200 calories, and its 3 days. If you were to limit your normally eaten food to 1200 calories for 3 days, and continue tracking the rest of the days, would anybody call that the diet from hell? no, because there is no "title" to that. as long as you do something that has the word "diet" as a title, you make enemies. So glad you wrote this, i'm going to the store and get my stuff and do it for 3 days a week and post my other days as usual.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Lose 10 pounds in 3 days? Sure, 10 pounds of water. That's all you lose with this diet.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    "The diet works on chemical breakdown".

Yeah, with all those hot dogs? You'll be breaking down a lot of chemicals. How about at least some vitamin c with all those nitrates?
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sounds okay for a quick fix for a holiday or party but not long term. As soon as your back to eating normally again, the weight will pile back on and more besides. Sorry ????
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No expert, so here's a link ...

3 Day Diet With Cottage Cheese
    Following a diet that involves healthful foods like cottage cheese, canned tuna and steamed vegetables may seem like a nutritious and quick way to lose weight. But if you're only eating very low-calorie portions of these foods, it is not a safe or sustainable way to lose weight and keep the weight off. The three day diet is not recommended or created by doctors; consult your doctor before trying the diet or making any other changes in your meal plan.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/3-day-diets/#ixzz2NoX7FDC8
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep... Probably about 6 years ago and I lost 8 lbs that weekend... I felt very deprived without condiments or something on the veg. especially... I remember saying to myself on day 3, "only the rest of today... " Yeah I lost (had to be fluid weight, right?) but gained it all back just as fast and never went on again... I don't think it's sustainable or a very healthy way to look at a relationship with food, healthy living etc.
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tried it a couple of months ago, and it didn't work for me, what is working for me now is low carb high fat, but we are all different!
  • bobdown69
    Options
    Hi,

I tried this a few years ago and i know other people that have done it as well. when i done it i lost about 6lbs each time. i'm not sure how it stands on it's own but as i was already dieting at the time i found it to be quite useful and not too difficult to stick to.
  • fakesnake69
    Options
    Wow, a bunch of childish people on these forums. If someone is doing their lifestyle change and they plateau, then a 3 day re-jump start doesn't sound like a bad idea. Everyone that has negatively commented ASSume that after the 3 days, that everyone goes back to eating horrible and not exercising.

I would personally love to get over this plateau that i am in and lose 5-6 pounds and then continue where i left off with working out 60-90 minutes a day and eating under my calorie goal every day.

No one said you have to gain all the weight back unless you want to.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Wow, a bunch of childish people on these forums. If someone is doing their lifestyle change and they plateau, then a 3 day re-jump start doesn't sound like a bad idea. Everyone that has negatively commented ASSume that after the 3 days, that everyone goes back to eating horrible and not exercising.

I would personally love to get over this plateau that i am in and lose 5-6 pounds and then continue where i left off with working out 60-90 minutes a day and eating under my calorie goal every day.

No one said you have to gain all the weight back unless you want to.

It's equally childish to assume you have to restrict your calories to a very limited set of arbitrary (seriously, have you read the list of foods you "have" to eat for this? Saltine crackers? Tuna? Hot dogs? Vanilla, not chocolate, ice cream?) foods in order to start making better decisions. Make better decisions. Today. No need to put it off.

Putting off making better decisions is what made us overweight to begin with. So don't try this diet in an attempt to put off making better decisions.

The worst part is that this diet specifically touts it's "chemical interaction" as to why it works. Don't trust anything that tells you hot dogs and Saltine crackers have magical interactions.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sounds like BS...Ice cream & hot dogs?????

Believe it or not.. there is a girl on here who had pretty good results claiming to eat ice cream and lift barbells.... but I agree this is BS.

Also in regards in the thread, diets never last forever. This one is one of the worst diets I've ever seen. You WON'T lose weight and get the body you want. Don't bother with this BS
  • oaks67
    oaks67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    But i hate tuna yuck
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This diet was around 25 yrs ago. The only reason it works for alot of people is because of the reduction of calories for 3 days. There are no chemical breakdown advantages in eating ice cream and hot dogs.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i'd be starving if i followed this plan lmao
  • fakesnake69
    Options
    So to check this out for myself, my 55 year old mim and i did the 3 day diet and tracked it all using MFP. Day 1 was 1,139 calories, day 2 was 1,210 calories and day 3 was 1,013.

Myom said her and my late dad would do thus diet 25 years ago but that variation had beats in it.

Well my mom is 145lbs and she lost 2.6 lbs. I however lost 7.5lbs.

We weren't hungry at all, the 3 days went by so fast. The macros for this diet are't bad at all. Good combination of P/C/F.

Yesterday was my first "off" day and i started to drink my expresso coffee without milk as it was actually way better that way. Had baked fish for lunch and dinner (goof friday meals) and although i usually stick around 1,800 calories, my body was satisied with 1,550 yesterday.

Other than the weight i lost, my tummy flattened down a lot. Increased sexual drive, erection hardness and endurance. It was very noticable to my wife. (if that statement offended you, kill yourself).

Overall i give the diet a 9 of 10 only because i didnt lose the 10 it alleges you can lose.

Would i do it again? Not on the next 3 months since i am starting P90x on monday with it's own diet.
  • mexitalian87
    mexitalian87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just lost 3lbs after day 1.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i want to try this....just because it sounds so stupid. i'm not trying to hate, but having my bone density lowered and counting it as weight loss doesn't sound appealing. maybe it's just me
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!