31 dead and over 200 injured in bombings today

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My heart and thoughts go out to those affected.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    ChristinelovesCraig Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I live right outside of the Boston and the numbers are no where near them. 2 have been confirmed dead and 23 seriously injured is what has been broadcast all afternoon.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Heartbreaking, all we can do is pray.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I live right outside of the Boston and the numbers are no where near them. 2 have been confirmed dead and 23 seriously injured is what has been broadcast all afternoon.

The article isn't about Boston...
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

^ this
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    Options

The article isn't about Boston...

So sorry. I did not open the link. There have been so many incorrect articles I just assumed this was what it was about. I'm going to read the article now...
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

^ this

The article isn't about Boston.
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    Options
    Just awful. My heart is so heavy right now I can't even begin to understand how wrong this whole day has been.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

Ditto.
    ^This

Any time people are senselessly murdered is a tragedy and should never be taken lightly, no matter where it happens.

:cry: :cry: :brokenheart:

Edit: sp
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

^This

Any time people are senselessly murdered is a tragedy and should never be taken lightly, no matter where it happens.

Exactly, unfortunately this happens on a daily basis, we don't get to hear about most of it.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Exactly, unfortunately this happens on a daily basis, we don't get to hear about most of it.

QFT
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

^This

Or if we do hear, it doesn't affect us much, because it seems so far away from our existence. It shouldn't be like that. All life matters.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    while you have a good point, I feel it would have been in better taste to save this post for tomorrow.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Really puts things in perspective doesn't it? Our sphere of influence can be so small. Not to mention our media picks and chooses which tragedies should be pushed to the forefront.

I am sad and distraught for every person and every family the world over who suffers today because of senseless violence, whether they be in Boston, the Middle East, Africa or anywhere else.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    while you have a good point, I feel it would have been in better taste to save this post for tomorrow.

I agree completely. Given that this is a health and fitness site, there are probably a number of people here who have been directly affected.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If malaki and sharistani wer nt playing power games against their own people and invested in iraq as the kurds have done up north with their oil billions things might get better for the people there as well. Hopefully the people will punish them at the elections and the usa will stop backing them and allow an oil and gas law to be passed when they re gone or at least let the north export via a deal with Turkey.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Agreed! I understand the point that is being made, but this is not the time to make that point. IMO
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ^^ THIS^^
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Why? It happened today. Its a tragic event like what happened in Boston. I find it offensive to say wait until tomorrow. It deserves the same attention as anything else
This discussion has been closed.