Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The Human Centipede.

I didn't eat for two days after watching it.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Requiem for a Dream...I have a love/hate relationship with that movie. It is so well done, but it takes me a while to recover after watching it!

For some reason I have difficulty watching the first Homeward Bound...even though it was a happy ending.

And The It...I watched that movie right after being chased by a clown at a local fair and have had an irrational fear of clowns ever since. *shudder*
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Kids

Pure disgust after watching that movie.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree about American Me... BUT the worst ts that movie Precious.....

Oh yeah!! Precious WAS the absolute worst. It was kind of like a train wreck in the sense of you knew it was awful but you couldn't stop watching it,
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    The Killing Fields. [1984]

A photographer is trapped in Cambodia during tyrant Pol Pot's bloody "Year Zero" cleansing campaign, which claimed the lives of two million "undesirable" civilians.

I was like 10 when I saw it.... traumatizing. o.O
  • Determinedtorunon
    Determinedtorunon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For Colored Girls - I think I cried through the entire thing.

Was angry, cried and cried again, that movie was too much for me to handle. Also Precious was a bit too much, I got way too emotional. Those are the kind of movies that I wouldn't watch a second time!!!
  • Determinedtorunon
    Determinedtorunon Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Oh yeah!! Precious WAS the absolute worst. It was kind of like a train wreck in the sense of you knew it was awful but you couldn't stop watching it,

The ending was just down right awful, the girl is walking down the street were her kids.....For a minute there I thought things were going to turn around but nooooooo
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Katyn, that really was the most depressing film I've ever seen. Pan's Labyrinth I also found upsetting, but then war is brutal - if I go see films about war I should expect it really.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Event Horizon gave me the shivers the first time I saw it.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The Fourth Kind really freaked me out when I first saw it, but not as much now.

I think my tear ducts imploded through P.S. I Love You. Too sad to ever watch again.

And this one movie I saw when I was a kid REALLY freaked me out, I was about 12. I don't remember the name of it, but it was sci-fi. People were either at some sort of base or on a ship out at sea and something took it over. All these bodies were hanging from the ceiling, and there was this man whose face was completely gone and just a skull but he was still alive and aware. His wife was part of the rescue team or whatever and walked up to him and said his name, and he kind of recognized her. But he was a SKULL. Yeah, freaked me out enough to remember it 13 years later.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    There are a few but the first one that came to my head was Atonement. It really depressed me.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Million dollar baby---- I was lied to and told that it was a boxing movie.. I kept waiting for he to make a huge recovery and for the "Rocky" style music....needless to say I hit my friend after that movie ......

I dont do sad movies for a reason......
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Hall Pass.

After watching it with my wife, she reminded me that I wasn't getting one. :sad:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Meet Joe Black. It's one of my favorites, but it's a horrible movie to watch right after your dad dies.

Se7en. Coincidentally, I was seven when I saw it. Yea, my parents didn't always use the best discretion when it came to acceptable movies. I love it now, though.

Where the Red Fern Grows. Read the book, too. Cried for days.

Marley and Me...my black lab that I had had since I was a child died not too long after I saw that movie. Ugggghh.

The Hills Have Eyes. Horrible movie to watch before going on a road trip through the desert. UGH.

The Ring. I wouldn't watch TV for weeks after seeing that movie.

The Duchess. WHY ARE MOVIES SO DEPRESSING?

What Dreams May Come. Again, horrible movie to watch right after your dad has died.

The Exorcist. Another movie I saw way too young. I was convinced Linda Blair lived under my bed.

Bambi. Screw you, Disney.

Atonement. Again..WHY ARE MOVIES SO DEPRESSING?!
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The Talented Mr. Ripley, about a wholy unredeemable character. Copycat scared me out of walking in the dark!
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options

The ending was just down right awful, the girl is walking down the street were her kids.....For a minute there I thought things were going to turn around but nooooooo

The worst part of that movie was the reality of it. **** like that goes down everyday!! So sad!!!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Grave of the Fireflies
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "Old Yeller" destroyed me as a kid. Never been able to watch them again.

I read the book "Where The Red Fern Grows" and your description of destroyed was right... I never could bring myself to watch the movie.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    A lot of the ones already mentioned.
    The color purple. Made me cry like a baby.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Man on Fire- it took me weeks to get over that movie

The Help- I just felt so empty. It was so emtional I don't think I could watch it again.