Options
    Up in the Air
    Bridge to Terabithia

Both of them absolutely gutted me.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The King of Scotland.

The image of that body on the table with its arms and legs cut off stayed with me for a long time.

That reminds me of when I saw part of Braveheart when I was like 7. It was the part where they were about to rip Mel Gibson's arms and legs off and then read the list of where his various body parts were deposited. I was seriously disturbed.

The funny thing is I saw it right as my mom and I were leaving the house, she was taking me to this kids craft fair thing. I kept thinking about the movie the whole time we were there, and then there was this thing where you got to cut out a little guy and secure his arms and legs to his torso with little bracket things so you could move the arms and legs around. Yeah, I just kept staring at the little paper body parts like :indifferent: :frown: :sad:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Seven. The ending of that movie is NOT OK.

This is an odd one.

JM
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I can agree with every film I have seen that was mentioned here.

Adding Exorcist III because it still gives me nightmares 20+ years later.

Also, this will sound weird, but Robocop. The dude that melts in the large barrel of toxic waste still haunts my memory. I was...what, 12 years old, maybe...when I saw that. My mom freaked out because she had no idea it was so bad. Whoops.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    The Fountain.

*bawls*
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Lions for Lambs got me bawling right at the end. It's not sappy till like the last ten minutes and man I was a mess. Even my bf teared up a little.

The Passion.....anyone who hasn't cried watching this....I'm just speechless thinking about that movie. Being Catholic and watching that movie, it was just really spiritual but sad for obvious reasons.

Insideous....that movie gave me nightmares for weeks and I was afraid to sleep for fear of having any sort of dream.

Life is beautiful...best and saddest foreign film I've ever seen
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Tracy Thurman: a cry for help. a horrible movie and the actor that plays her husband/abuser - I still don't like him. can't watch him.
    it's a true story. awful
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Things we Lost in the fire....
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Yes, The Passion. I literally cried through the entire film, even the opening credits.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Life is Beautiful - I sobbed my heart out and can't watch it ever again.
    The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The Blair witch project - I know, worst movie ever right? well at the time I was living in a cottage, in the woods, at least 20 minutes from anyone else, alone with my dog who barked if a squirrel farted so I was a nervous mess every time he barked thinking something was in the woods. I haven't been able to watch a scary movie since. lol
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    the boy in the stripped pajamas

^ same
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... American or Swedish version?
  • fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm am with Seven, felt robbed after that! Oh and Donnie Darko... Bad times...
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Kids
    Rob Zombies Halloween --I can handle his other movies but this one got to me
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love horror movies and rarely have any trouble watching them, but House of 1000 Corpses scared the crap out of me! I had nightmares for days!
  • fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The Blair witch project - I know, worst movie ever right? well at the time I was living in a cottage, in the woods, at least 20 minutes from anyone else, alone with my dog who barked if a squirrel farted so I was a nervous mess every time he barked thinking something was in the woods. I haven't been able to watch a scary movie since. lol

Hahahahahahahaha! Now I can't stop thinking what a squirrel fart sounds like! hahahaha
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The King of Scotland.

The image of that body on the table with its arms and legs cut off stayed with me for a long time.

THIS! I still sometimes get sick over this image......I truly hated the way this movie made me feel.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Rosewood... omg, this movie made me so angry! we watched it in an English class and i walked out! i still haven't seen the end of it :grumble:
  • keets502
    keets502 Posts: 34
    Options
    Unthinkable with Samuel L Jackson. Mind trip.