Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I actually have a hard time watching Titanic. When it gets to the part where the Irish woman is telling fairy tales to her two kids as the water's rushing under the bed, then the elderly couple embracing... while the band plays on. Some movies I don't mind crying through, but that one I just really do not like at all.

Same here. Like horror film but cant watch poltergeist - too close to home at the time.
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The Lovely Bones. NEVER AGAIN!!!!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Agreed. Totally effed up movie.
  • JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

I can't tell you how many times I would wake up around 3 am and freak out

I seriously have still not recovered from that movie. "Horror" flicks never had any effect on me... but that one. I don't even like seeing the name. I had to put a piece of masking tape over the clock on VCR (yes, VCR) I had in my room and at night I would turn the alarm clock away from me so I not able to see the time. Seriously awful nightmares the night I watched it. I can't watch Dexter because the actress who played E.R. is on the show.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Caligula... This 1,000 yard stare isn't from hours on the treadmill... there just isn't enough soap and SOS pads to make you feel clean.

If we are talking about the same movie, I watched that about 25 years ago...sick..sick..sick..

Mine would be ARLINGTON ROAD..Because that same stuff is happening this very moment. Truly a movie explaining TERRORISM long before the word was mainstream. Jeff Bridges, Timothy Bottoms, and..the chick..cannot think of her name right now.

After that: LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT: ORIGINAL, of course! Saw this when I was doing exactly the same thing the girls were doing..looking to score some pot..scared the hell out of me for YEARS..until I saw ARLINGTON ROAD. I saw this at a double feature drive in with EXORCIST..(Exorcist was lame in comparison..)

God..I am OLD...(Coughing dust out..)
    *sigh*
  • swimcoach07
    swimcoach07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Reading through the comments has made several come to mind now....

I agree with those who mentioned the Ring.
    And now you can watch it in 3D where she actually crawls out of your TV towards you...no thanks!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Grave of the Fireflies

YES OMG. I just saw this for the first time recently and bawled like a baby.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Blindness with Julianne Moore.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hostel

This. For some reason this movie disturbed me the most out of any others I've seen. I don't understand how anyone could enjoy this movie.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Boxing Helena.

While Julian Sands and Sherilyn Fenn are both beautiful, the movie is scary ugly twisted.

I'd still watch it again, though.

=^x^=
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Battle Royale
    Suicide Circle
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The Mist - Stephen King Movie..

OMG!!!!!

:sad: :noway:
  • chrissyheuring
    Options
    We Need to Talk About Kevin -- disturbing, gut-wrenching movie.
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The mist
    when the army shows up after he kills everyone in the car and runs out of bullets to off himself I lost it... I think I may have invented new curse words at the point

YEs THIS!!!!

:noway:
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Grave of the Fireflies, by Isao Takahata.

:frown:
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    The Girl Next Door (the one where her relative takes her & her younger sister in):sad:
  • LavaDoll
    Options
    We Need to Talk About Kevin -- disturbing, gut-wrenching movie.

agreed, but it is very well done, and with Tilda Swinton, one cannot go wrong.
  • anaduffy
    anaduffy Posts: 74
    Options

Agreed. Totally effed up movie.

I completely agree and can Why would you come back from the dead, a. not stop the killer from dumping your body so he could get caught, b. come back just to have your first kiss. I mean couldn't you go hey stop that guy then have your kiss.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Old Boy
  • LavaDoll
    Options
    What Dreams May Come.

subject matter, images.

brilliantly done, as work of art, but...T_T