Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• Kendie74
    Kendie74 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

i agree with the gun bit but the weight thing is unecessary.... keep it light, americans love their guns, they don't care about killing each other as long as they do it first, it wont change let it go

You would be speaking German now if it wasnt for Americans & their arms.
    [/quote]

@doddlewhopper they're a little sensitive about that :wink:
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Only in the United States of America! ;)

This! So glad I live in Canada where I don't have to worry about encountering people carrying guns while just out and about.....

Yeah right.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Assault Victims
    Can .... 2.3% .... US.... 1.2% .... **DOUBLE**
    Ranked 5th. 92% more than United States Ranked 11th.

Rape Victims Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Rape victims Can .... 0.8% .... US 0.4% .... **DOUBLE**
    Ranked 8th. 100% more than United States Ranked 13th.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Total crime victims Can....23.8%.... US.... 21.1%
    Ranked 7th. 13% more than United States Ranked 15th.

http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime

Seeing it's a topic about carrying guns wouldn't this stat from that site be more fitting? :huh:

Murders with firearms
    Canada -144 Ranked 9th
    USA - 9,369 Ranked 1st. 64 times more than Canada

Why?

Seriously?
    If you have to ask why then there really isn't a point of explaining it to you, as you would refuse to see the logic behind it.
    For those with common sense they would be able to understand why a topic about guns should include the stats for murders with firearms and not just posting assault/rape/total crimes because they happen to suit your needs to try and make your point.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that....If I didn't live in NJ I would probably do the same, but here you go....http://www.pistolwear.com/
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I like that you left out the Murder with firearms, you know, the one that probably matters most here :p

Can : 144
    US : 9639
    64 times Can

But yeah, that doesn't matter :p

i wouldnt say it matters most, OP never said why she carries, is it cause of mugging, rapes, or afraid to get murdered

also mind you the US has 10X the population of canda, so per person its not really as harsh as you make it sound
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

i agree with the gun bit but the weight thing is unecessary.... keep it light, americans love their guns, they don't care about killing each other as long as they do it first, it wont change let it go

@doddlewhopper they're a little sensitive about that :wink:
    [/quote]

Poor guys, they never got over the fact that we removed them from our land.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I pity the folks that don't get it. Ankle carry.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    haha I don't think liberals are going to come near this thread with a 10 foot pole. It fact I think they are all hiding in a cave right about now smoking a joint. I hope you didn't scare off 47% of the Americans on MyFitnessPal.

Is this all it takes to keep liberals away? :drinker:

said my bit , its like you re in the dark ages and just imagine putting a gun in the hands of someone who cant control their weight !!!!!

Why do you assume OP (or any other gunowner) doesn't know how to use a gun or is irresponsible?

Because people with any trauma in their lives make bad desisions >>> very bad.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I'm a bit taken aback by your statement that you don't own pepper spray so you opted for a gun. Seems like a mighty big leap there.

I'm not in a rural area, just suburbia around here, but I rarely run at night. I'm afraid to land on a stone or other imperfection on the ground and break an ankle.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

This! So glad I live in Canada where I don't have to worry about encountering people carrying guns while just out and about.....

Yeah right.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Assault Victims

Canada VS US Crime Stats

Seeing it's a topic about carrying guns wouldn't this stat from that site be more fitting? :huh:

Murders with firearms
    Canada -144 Ranked 9th

Why?

Seriously?
    If you have to ask why then there really isn't a point of explaining it to you, as you would refuse to see the logic behind it.
    For those with common sense they would be able to understand why a topic about guns should include the stats for murders with firearms and not just posting assault/rape/total crimes because they happen to suit your needs to try and make your point.

Cant answer the question huh?
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    haha I don't think liberals are going to come near this thread with a 10 foot pole. It fact I think they are all hiding in a cave right about now smoking a joint. I hope you didn't scare off 47% of the Americans on MyFitnessPal.

Is this all it takes to keep liberals away? :drinker:

said my bit , its like you re in the dark ages and just imagine putting a gun in the hands of someone who cant control their weight !!!!!

keep telling yourself that...

Sure ....Neville Chamberlain must be your hero, eh?

And you'd be speaking french if it wasn't for the British and theirs.

But never mind. You'll all be speaking spanish eventually. Enjoy.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would get one of those underarm holsters.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Yeah right.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Assault Victims

Canada VS US Crime Stats

Murders with firearms
    Canada -144 Ranked 9th

Wait. I thought Canada outlawed guns. How could there be 144 murders with something you got rid of? (that's sarcasm).

Because it's so much nicer to be murdered with a knife, bat, club or just be beaten to death than it is to be killed by a gun.
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I understand wanting to protect yourself- as women, we have to think about that stuff when we're out alone, unfortunately. But working out with a gun is just a bad idea, very dangerous. Get some pepper spray or a taser gun. Guns aren't your only option in self protection.
  • natecar
    natecar Posts: 11
    Options
    I think the Fanny Pack option makes the most sense.
    And don't forget to add the weight of the gun to your weight in figuring out your calories burned!
    If you need to burn more, just carry a bigger gun, or extra water.
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask the OP probably the dumbest question but how do you run when it pitch black out? I live in an area like yours and I wouldn't be able to see my hand in front my face.

As far as carrying the gun, I understand. There are times I wish I had one while out walking during the day.

Where I live it's also pitch black. (Bonus to seeing the Milky Way on a daily basis!) I bought a very bright lamp to wear on my head and it works great to light up my walks. I also carry a spare flashlight as a back up, and both my doggies wear reflective vests so I can keep track of them. I actually love my late night walks. It's so peaceful and quiet when you can look up at the sky and see a million shooting stars. Try it one night you might be hooked.

That's a great idea. I think I'm just afraid of what goes bump in the night. :smile:

We also have idiots that drive 60 mph on these backroads. I'm always afraid of getting hit even in the daytime.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's both sell concealed carry holsters and purses. I cannot wait until we have CC here. We already have one pistol and plan on buying a smaller one to take with me while running/hiking too.
    Enjoy your runs and stay safe. :)
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

Playing devil's advocate here...

Wasn't Trayvon Martin murdered by a responsible gun owner?

He didn't have ANY criminal record!

Yes. Poor Treyvon was murdered by a responsible gun owner, while he was straddling said gun owner, pinning him to the ground and bashing his head into a concrete sidewalk.

Where I come from, that's called self defense.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like that you left out the Murder with firearms, you know, the one that probably matters most here :p

Can : 144
    US : 9639
    64 times Can

But yeah, that doesn't matter :p

i wouldnt say it matters most, OP never said why she carries, is it cause of mugging, rapes, or afraid to get murdered

also mind you the US has 10X the population of canda, so per person its not really as harsh as you make it sound

^This. The comparison is apples to oranges since one is based on percentages and the other raw numbers. Simply not the same. Approaching Broscience...
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wasn't Trayvon Martin murdered by a responsible gun owner?

He didn't have ANY criminal record!
    [/quote]

Yes. Poor Treyvon was murdered by a responsible gun owner, while he was straddling said gun owner, pinning him to the ground and bashing his head into a concrete sidewalk.

Where I come from, that's called self defense.
    [/quote]

Yuppers ^^^^^^^
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Cant answer the question huh?

Try using common sense and you'd see I did.

To OP Sorry for the hijack of the topic, Stay safe and take along a flashlight with your gun for you can see if you ever need to shoot it.
This discussion has been closed.