Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The Blair Witch Project is a movie that I won't be watching again. Really good movie with a really eriee ending. The last scene gave me nightmares for a few days.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Seeing the title of this thread, I thought of Requiem for a Dream immediately, haha. That movie was... it was something, all right.

The Shining - I watched that one alone in the middle of the night... mistake!
    Bug - I saw this alone at the theater and felt uncomfortable for the rest of the evening
    I Am Legend - also saw this alone and was afraid of the dark for months
    127 Hours - ****ing intense, and based off a true story
    Hotel Rwanda - so, so sad and violent, and worse because it's real
    City of God - also very violent and sad because it's pretty true too
    A Clockwork Orange - the "singin in the rain" scene

But all of these were movies I enjoyed overall and have/would watch again.

Hell, even Dead Poets Society had me bawling when Neil shot himself. I felt empty inside after watching that, even though the rest of the movie is so inspirational and uplifting.

I would just like to thank the OP for starting such an interesting thread-- it's not often that you get to talk about movies that make you uncomfortable.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea (something like that). It wasn't even a good movie, but it haunted me for days.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    American History X. Then scene where the guy puts his mouth on the curb has scarred me for life.

Yes, just the thought of that makes my spine crawl.
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.
    Irreversible has the same thing, maybe even worse.

The Hills have Eyes. I stopped the movie during the rape scene. It was in poor taste in general.
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The End of Love.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    The end of the The Perfect Storm...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned 'Irreversible' - the only film I've ever known where the cinema had a sign up by the ticket stand saying you were entitled to a full refund if you didn't want to watch any more of the film after the first 20 minutes.
    Ooh, you beat me to it. :wink:
    I don't know if it ever was played in a theater here, I found out about when I saw it in a video rental store here in the US. Some seriously disturbing scenes in that movie.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Kids - still disgusted thinking about when I saw it the one time years ago

Strangers - freaked out for a while and doesn't help that I have a window in my front door
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I just keeping thinking of more movies that just left a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.....

Thinner
    Texas Chainsaw movie
    All of the Hannibal movies

*shiver down my spine just thinking of them*
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    'Human Centipede'

Why the hell did I even watch it. It was horrid...just so twisted and f-d up. x_______x I wanted to puke most of the movie...it really made me feel awful.
  • JeremyMo88
    JeremyMo88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Suckerpunch.

All I knew going into the film was what I guessed off the posters. I realize I shouldn't judge a movie by it's poster, and when I left, despite it being a hot Atlanta day I felt cold deep inside. It took a while to warm up and smile again.

I suppose I was emotionally sucker-punched.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Requiem for a Dream
    Kids
    The Hills Have Eyes
    Never saw Human Centipede, never will
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Oh wanted to add...

-> The Ring - I was paranoid for so long....

-> Bridge to Terabithia - Hell the BOOK made me cry and so depressed...

-> Darkness Falls - Man...scared me for a while and I didn't want to sleep in the dark. lol

-> 28 Days/Weeks Later - Well, I love me some zombie movies/shows but this still freaks me out to the point where I love the movies but I don't like watching them. They are beyond realistic to me and that freaks me the f-ck out.

-> The Green Mile - OMFG....this movie kills me. Even more depressing since Michael Clarke Duncan passed away last year. ;-;

-> American History X - I actually really love this movie but I can't watch it without balling. :(

I also REFUSE to watch anything with clowns or dolls in it. They freak me out....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The Proposal.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Old Boy

That movie is something else.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    White Men Can't Jump

He helped that *kitten* get on Jeopardy and she dumped him after she won big bucks.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... American or Swedish version?

The American version with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

I haven't seen that one yet. I saw the Swedish version before the American version came out. I heard the American version was graphic, but the Swedish version was pretty bad. I think I have been reluctant because in my mind Noomi Rapace will always be Lizbeth.
  • MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow....removing the following from my Netflix queue: End of Watch, We Need to Talk about Kevin, Up, and The Pianist

+1 for Boy in Striped Pajamas, Kids, Hotel Rwanda, Last House on the Left, P.S. I Love you, Rosewood, Lovely Bones, American History X, Atonement, Precious, For Colored Girls -- I actually read the book of poems in college...not sure why I thought the movie would be different or more dynamic...

Primal Fear- So freaking ridiculous...I still remember every scene and refuse to watch it again

The Experiment- Just sick

Twelve, Life is Hot in Cracktown, 96 Minutes, Sometimes in April, All Good Things (It was depressing the entire time), American Psycho with Christian Bale, Sarafina, Delicatessen (so weird)

Edit: Oh! And Descent with Rosario Dawson...I think I was scarred for a week.
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The Road
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    All of The Lord of the Rings movies.

After watching each one of those movies I realized that me and the general public just didn't agree on what "good" films were.