Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Is it normal to still lose weight in the beginning of pregnancy? I'm only in my 5th week so I'm pretty sure I won't be gaining too much right now, but wasn't sure if it was ok to still lose a little here and there. I ate more than normal yesterday (not by much -- just about 150 over) and I lost a few ounces. Is it okay to still try to lose a little weight in these first few months??? I am doing my best to stay healthy through this pregnancy.

I think it's safest to check first with an OB
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    So ladies, do tell what you do with your minds after you've TTC and are just playing the waiting game. I tell you what, I'm having a horrible time with it. Emotionally it has me all over the place. Any ideas pointers would be great. Though I must say it does get easier with each passing month of no positive baby test :ohwell:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I was doing research and reading a book about the rhythm method and TTC so I contunued reading that and studying the signs of pregnancy and my BBT readings. haha, it was more that after I found out I was pregnant that I started freaking out and worrying about whether it really WAS the right time. How long have you guys been trying for?
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Whoops--forgot to reply to the post. This is for Angela and the lady from FB. She just totally made that worse, didn't she? At least you will lose the weight and have a healthy baby boy--she will probably keep sticking her foot in her mouth, regardless! ;-)
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So ladies, do tell what you do with your minds after you've TTC and are just playing the waiting game. I tell you what, I'm having a horrible time with it. Emotionally it has me all over the place. Any ideas pointers would be great. Though I must say it does get easier with each passing month of no positive baby test :ohwell:

It drove me nutsies last month. This month I'm just trying to chill out about it. Trying is the key word. It's going better this month, I think-- I sorta have myself convinced that I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll see how it works. :-) Whatever gets you through the day and onto the next, right?
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I had gestational diabetes with my last (5th) pregnancy and was even insulin dependent. It sucked. It really sucked. And now, my chance of getting it again is much higher, and that is why I am here. Lost 27lbs already...and I want to keep my baby healthy too so she doesnt' get type 2 in her childhood. That's me.....
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    I was doing research and reading a book about the rhythm method and TTC so I contunued reading that and studying the signs of pregnancy and my BBT readings. haha, it was more that after I found out I was pregnant that I started freaking out and worrying about whether it really WAS the right time. How long have you guys been trying for?

We have been trying for a 3 months now. I know that when the time is right we will be blessed, but the waiting game is very hard for me, not so much for the hubby. I'm just trying to figure out how to distract myself and not get my hopes up so high.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - What a "dorky" friend. I am sorry that she cant keep her mouth shut, but holey moley!! Maybe you should write back and say something like, Well, I am having a boy, and obviously he needs some cushy room too!

dpage - The waiting can be tough. Last month I just knew that I was pregant, and every little symptom made me 100% sure. Well when AF came, it was a HUGE dissapointment. This month I am keeping myself grounded, and telling myself the chances are very small, and I probably am not. I have also made a promise to myself not to test until the 24th. I am keeping busy reading. I got some really great books (not baby related) and am loving thinking about those instead.

Today I am starting to kick the weightloss into high gear again. I have been so focused on "making a baby" that I haven't even thought about working out or eatting right. I am loging my food again and plan to work out on a regular basis. Giving myself something to look forward to other than a baby will be good for me.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My husband has been looking at this ring at the jewlery store for a long time. He wanted it as a ring he can wear on his right hand sometimes. I was shoping this weekend and went in and bought it for him. I am going to save it until I find out I am pregnant, and then that will be how I will tell him. I will give it to him with a card, and say the ring is a gift to Daddy, from his little one.

I think it will be a great surprise, and something he can remember forever, and think about each time he wears it! Now I just have to work on the getting pregnant part:bigsmile:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    so this lady posted a commend on one of my facebook picture that said "he's giong to be one big healthy boy!" which kind of made me feel like she was saying I looked big. :-( I asked my hubby if that's what his first thoughts would be when reading that and he said yes. :-( I already had a tough day at work, I think one of the docs I work for is upset with me and then reading that post just made me feel sad. I'm 50lbs heavier than when I last saw her and when my hubby met and I feel HUGE especially being pregnant. I just feel sad, so much so that my stomach is upset. I'm going to go to bed and talk things over with the hubby (he's good at making me feel better) and try to not think about it.

She's an idiot! I really HATE when people say crap like that. It's like they forget their manners and think they can say anything if you're pregnant. Do not by all means think that you are big - you're carrying a human life AND you are on here posting what you are eating, your goals, etc. So you ARE doing something about it......You're on track right now, so as soon as your cutie pie enters this world it will be so easy for you to get back on track.

Don't upset yourself about how others act. My favorite word to use in this situation is *kitten*. :laugh:

Keep your head up and just stay positive. Think about your baby boy first and forget about the losers who don't know how to say nice things. You're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Tahmed - That's such a great way to share the news with your husband, he's going to love it!
    question - does anybody have restless leg syndrome at night? I don't get it everynight, but it's keeping me awake pretty often.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Tahmed - I think that's a perfect idea! Super sweet and like you said something he'll remember whenever he wears it. :-)

Shoppingqueen - oh my gosh girl, you crack me up! lol, thanks for the support everyone. I know I haven't been as good as I should be so if anything it's just motivation to not only keep going but be even better about getting my exercise and eating the right foods.

Yessie - I don't have restless leg syndrome at night, but have problems with it during the day. I have been getting a ton of cramping in my calfs though. I remember early on someone had recommended flexing your foot with the cramping and it totally helps me. :-) Is there anything that is recommended for restless leg syndrome?
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Angela - What a "dorky" friend. I am sorry that she cant keep her mouth shut, but holey moley!! Maybe you should write back and say something like, Well, I am having a boy, and obviously he needs some cushy room too!

dpage - The waiting can be tough. Last month I just knew that I was pregant, and every little symptom made me 100% sure. Well when AF came, it was a HUGE dissapointment. This month I am keeping myself grounded, and telling myself the chances are very small, and I probably am not. I have also made a promise to myself not to test until the 24th. I am keeping busy reading. I got some really great books (not baby related) and am loving thinking about those instead.

Today I am starting to kick the weightloss into high gear again. I have been so focused on "making a baby" that I haven't even thought about working out or eatting right. I am loging my food again and plan to work out on a regular basis. Giving myself something to look forward to other than a baby will be good for me.

Thanks for the input. The waiting game is a killer! I know I wouldn't be so bad if I were working, but I recently graduated from college and still have yet to find a job. I also love how TOM has the same symptoms as being pregnant. Nothing like a little mind game eh?! Good luck to you and your husband on becoming pregnant :)
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious....is it possible to conceive right after your period? A friend of mine had mentioned that is how she conceived and I always thought you had a few days after TOM because all your eggs were cleaned out??? i'm confused.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Tahmed - I think that's a perfect idea! Super sweet and like you said something he'll remember whenever he wears it. :-)

Shoppingqueen - oh my gosh girl, you crack me up! lol, thanks for the support everyone. I know I haven't been as good as I should be so if anything it's just motivation to not only keep going but be even better about getting my exercise and eating the right foods.

Yessie - I don't have restless leg syndrome at night, but have problems with it during the day. I have been getting a ton of cramping in my calfs though. I remember early on someone had recommended flexing your foot with the cramping and it totally helps me. :-) Is there anything that is recommended for restless leg syndrome?

Next time tell her she "looks like she ate one big healthy dinner "....she'll get the point and stop. LOL
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I'm just curious....is it possible to conceive right after your period? A friend of mine had mentioned that is how she conceived and I always thought you had a few days after TOM because all your eggs were cleaned out??? i'm confused.

Most people don't ovulate until 2 weeks after their period, but that does change person to person. It's possible that she ovulated earlier. A sperm can last up to 5 days, so if she did the "dirty" a week after her period it is possible that the sperm survived long enough to fertilize her egg. If it was RIGHT after her period the only way it would be possible is if she ovulated early.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Most people don't ovulate until 2 weeks after their period, but that does change person to person. It's possible that she ovulated earlier. A sperm can last up to 5 days, so if she did the "dirty" a week after her period it is possible that the sperm survived long enough to fertilize her egg. If it was RIGHT after her period the only way it would be possible is if she ovulated early.

Yeah, that's what i thought ....but she said it was RIGHT after her period and I thought that was completely impossible but i guess she may have ovulated early.

Kinda scared me cause I'm not quite ready to TTC, i got off the pill and have been using other methods of birth control.

Thanks Angela and I'm really sorry bout that loca lady from FB some ppl just don't think b 4 they speak or in this case type.
  • lamacken
    lamacken Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am in! I am new to the site and have struggled with my weight (and PCOS) since puberty. My goal for this year is too lose some weight, maintain a regular exercise regime and start a family.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    welcome Lamacken!

So today was the first of a 6 week birthing class/breast feeding class/ early childcare class. So far it's good. I already learned some stuff I didn't know :-)

everyone makes it sound like I should be experiencing braxton hicks contractions now. The teacher made it sound like if I haven't noticed them I'm probably having them and not realizing it. One girl in the class says it feels like the baby pushing out and holding it, which I haven't felt, but the teacher said that if you them push on the top of your uterus it will be hard ... and I haven't noticed that.

Has everyone who's had a baby or are in their third trimester felt these?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Bad weigh in this week :'-(

Gained 3.5lbs in one week!

Pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    Current weight: 185.4
    Pregnancy gain: 23.4lbs :-(

I was only supposed to gain 25lbs this pregnancy and I still have 10 weeks left. There's no way with how much weight the baby is supposed to put on that I won't be under 35lbs by the end. :-(