Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've lost 123 pounds so far without surgery but that is usually the first thing people ask me is what type of weightloss surgery I had. My profile pic shows my difference
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I've lost 123 pounds so far without surgery but that is usually the first thing people ask me is what type of weightloss surgery I had. My profile pic shows my difference

I am asked this often as well.
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    Today was the day...officially hit 100lbs lost since 2007.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You all are amazing!! I just started on my journey and I have about 125 pounds to lose. I'm finally in a place in my life right now where I am taking this seriously and trying to establish good habits for the long haul. Thanks for being so inspiring!!
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump, you all are amazing
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I lost 118 in 2006-2007 by just counting calories and walking.

(have kept it off but even 7 years later still have bad stomach skin. I was hoping it would miraculously go away with working out but nope.) ;)
  • gypsylouiseporter
    Options
    Iv lost 98lbs I have just deleted my old mfp profile and set this one up as a fresh start maintaining profile, i cant seem to find anyone else though who is maintaining?
  • meggiemath
    Options
    You all are such a great inspiration! Has anyone lost 200+ pounds without surgery? I need to lose a little over 200. It seems like such an uphill battle here at the bottom....long ways to go.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    152.5 dropped since July 1st with just proper nutrition and exercise... Have 60 to go to be half of the man I was... Literally!
  • JunkFoodWars
    JunkFoodWars Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is amazing and beautiful. ❤
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by all the people in this thread, I have 30lbs left to lose and have been stuttering, but this has given me the kick in the *kitten* I need
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    In the process of losing 100+ without surgery...
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it ....had hoped to get there in a year (would be 6/7/13) but am on the right track and I'll know I'll get there ...no magic pills, shakes, surgery or fairy dust here...consistent logging and mindful eating.

Topics like this are fantastic motivators for those of us in the process. Thanks everyone for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • MaxAndMarley
    Options
    I have lost 113.6 lbs without surgery by tracking my calories with MFP and exercising more. :)

11afju9.jpg
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have lost 83 kilos/183 pounds, I weighed 173.1 kilos/380 pounds in august 2006. I have PCOS and was obviously very unhealthy, I struggled with life and was really if nothing changed looking at life confined to my home.

That is motivating me right now. I do not want to live life confined to my house. I do not want to miss out on the joys of life. I don't like not fitting in a booth or being afraid I can't go to an amusement park or play with my son outside. I want more children as well and I can't at this weight. It is hard even to walk right now and that is really sad. I would like to lose 100- 150 lbs by next year at my sisters wedding.

I am not interested in bariatric surgery either because i am not willing to die as a result of the surgery. That is a scary thought.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have lost 158 pounds so far since Feb. 2012 without surgery through diet and exercise. I was at 405 pounds and now I'm at 247 pounds (38 year old male, 6-0 height). You can see a comparison pic on my profile. I still have about 50 pounds to go.

Here is a chart of my weight loss so far by month. I've been pretty consistent except for August when I went on vacation for 2 weeks. My mom had bariatric surgery and skin removal surgery. I refuse to have surgery. I have taken it slow. I also lift weights and do lap swim and have very little loose skin.

2/17/2012: 405
    3/13/2012: 385
    4/13/2012: 370
    5/13/2012: 352
    6/13/2012: 336
    7/13/2012: 318
    8/13/2012: 311
    9/13/2012: 299
    10/13/2102: 288
    11/13/2012: 277
    12/13/2012: 268
    1/13/2013: 259
    2/13/2013: 247

I am not having skin removal surgery either. Having a cesarean for my son was painful enough. It was so painful when I had to stand and walk the second day after surgery. Experiencing that all across my tummy and maybe other sensitive parts of my body sounds terrible.
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow! you are all such a great inspiration to me. 7 pounds down 93 to go! I will get there, slow and steady wins the race. AMAZING!!!!
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    oh i needed this thread! you guys are amazing! I have about another 100 i'd like to lose in addition to the 38 I already have! thanks! <3
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Just wanted to say that you all are AMAZING and such inspiration for everyone....not just the members who need/want to lose over 100 lbs but for us that don't! THANK YOU ALL!!!:smile:
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    these photos are amazing!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!