30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Day one finished (last night) Day two later on today :) Why do I HATE jumping jacks? Oh, probably because I have boobs the size of a newborns head...UGH, they hurt!

LOL! I hate them because they make me pee in my pants!!!! Oh the joys of motherhood!!!
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it through my third day. I'm hurting, but pretty proud of myself for doing it at all. I'm in pretty poor shape and have finished it every day, but have taken a few short breaks (5 seconds or so) and hoping I'll be able to do real push ups soon.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    L1D2 complete!
  • kategettingbuff
    Options
    I am almost done level 3 of the 30 day shred. I couldn't believe how much stronger I was by the start of level 3. I think pushing through level 2 helped because for me it was the hardest. I did not do 30 days straight. I took rest days every week. Some weeks I did 4 days a week and some 5 days a week. At the start of level 3 I started to do the Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism right after doing the level 3 shred. I wasn't feeling I was getting enough cardio. I am a runner and I haven't been running for about 2 months. I stopped because of a knee issue. I do some modified moves in the shred to avoid the impact. I also have a herniated disk in my back. So I really listen to my body and how it feels after a workout. my joint issues are from almost 30 years of riding horses. :) Everyone should stick with it. It definitely works and you will become stronger. I never thought I could do so many planks or push ups! I'm also starting to see some abs, finally! I'm going to continue with both for another couple of weeks then I will switch to something else for a while. I may start running again although I've seen more results with this in 30 days then I ever have running. Maybe I'll try to upload a before/after pic. There's not a huge difference, I definitely see it though. Good luck everyone!!
  • chrisnik819
    Options
    I started 30 day shred on Sunday 4/14, so I guess I am in. Tonight is my 3rd day. I am not feeling sore at all. It is hard to get through the workout but I am not sore. I try to follow as best I can, and I do sweat and feel the burn during the workout.
  • msbestday
    Options
    WOW this workout is shockingly fun! Don't get me wrong I'm sore as heck but mind over matter is my mentality.
    I was just going to do ten days of level one then proceed to level two following level three, however I want to achieve the maximum results. So I will be doing level one for 10 days, level one and two for the following ten days, then level 1, 2, & 3 for the last ten days. This way I can work my way up from 20 to 40 to 60 minute workouts throughout the 30 days!
  • springbokkii
    springbokkii Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just done day 3 and I already feel a bit fitter. Did it first thing in the morning now ready to start the day.
  • loublou78
    loublou78 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I started 30 DS yesterday, bit sore today but determined to keep going! The motivation & support of mfp keeps me going :) x
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I plan to start the shred at the weekend. Great to hear how everyone is getting on with it.
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 last night, off tothe gym tonight so will do a quick 5k run and then do the 30 DS.

Good luck everyone, be good to see all our results in 30 days time.

What does everyone log this under on MFP? I put aerobics general, is that right?
  • shonar68
    shonar68 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started this yesterday too and boy do I feel the affects today, my legs and arms are killing me, dreading doing day 2 today as can hardly bend my legs haha, but no pain no gain so will just do what I can and hope that by tomorrow I feel a bit better, was going to just take each day as it comes and if and when i am struggling take a rest day, but complete each level 10 times. looking forward to seeing some results, have taken day 1 pictures and will take more photos on day 1 of 2nd level, day 1 of third level then on the 30th day. Have seen some really great before and after pictures from other bloggers and they have really spurred me on. I have a night out in May and would love to be a dress size smaller and have more toned arms, fed up of looking like popeye the sailor man when I have pictures taken haha!!!! good luck to you all xx
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too!
    I watched the routine through first and though 'pfft, that looks easy'... It almost floored me when I actually did it.
    My arms and legs were really shaking afterwards! So far, no sore muscles but that will probably hit me later on today!
    I do struggle to stick with something as it can be too tempting to just settle down in front of the telly after a long day at work. But I really want to see this through to the end and see the results of a (hopefully) leaner and more toned body.
    I want to do this for my health and happiness and with the motivation from everyone here I think I can do it.
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options
    The trick with planks is to distract your mind on something else.

Haha...yeah I will try and go to my mental happy place during these awful planks which seems to dominate Level 2. I did Day 3 today and it was tough but it's getting better. My thighs are pretty sore now, which is not something I experienced in Level 1 (had soreness there too at the beginning but more in my arms and abs). Let's all stick with it and hopefully we'll all have amazing Before & After pictures like the ones on the Success Stories board.
  • shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have it cued in my Amazon instant video level 1 10 days, level 2 10 days back to level 1 back to 10;days. I heard level 3 is har i am rolling out of bed now!
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4 level 1, and while I STILL can't make it through all the jumping jacks and jump rope (circuit one of aerobics), I must say I'm feeling stronger and am less shakey afterwards!! Thank you all for your comments and motivation!!:wink:
  • shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just did day 1 of level 1, how many times per week do you 30DS.?
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D3.

WOW Day 3 was so much better!! It's CRAZY how much stronger you feel after just 3 days of doing it!!!! My legs were so sore I didn't want to do it today but I made myself and I'm glad I did. I was able to go almost nonstop through jumping jacks and everything - it seemed MUCH shorter today lol.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    feeling better -- going to attempt Day 2

My plan was to do 5 days rest then 5 days then rest, then on to level 2. However being sick yesterday pushed me back. My new plan is to do it as often as I can without too many rest days but sometimes life has other plans ;)

Some exercise is better then no exercise :)
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have done this before but wasn't eating so healthy so didn't really notice any physical benefits apart from feeling fitter just not thinner. Have lost a stone and am on the 5:2 fasting plan and now feel ready to give it another go to hopefully be able to see the benefits. At the time I found Level 3 the best and enjoyed it more although after taking a 6 month exercise break I might not say that now.

I started Mon 15th and plan to do every day but Tues and Thurs when I fast, really don't want to push myself on those days.

Good luck all :)
  • catemc26
    catemc26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm going to start this too. I will alternate between 30ds and c25k. Shred Tues, Wed and Friday and C25K Mon,Thurs and Sat.
    Really need to stick with it. Will do measurements in the morning. Hope to see great results.