Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning - up 1.5lb from last week.....must have been the plate of rice krispie treats I ate by myself. :tongue:

Angela - I don't think I've really experiences BH contractions......If I did I don't notice them. My friends have told me that it's when your belly gets really, really hard. I've got nothing. :laugh:
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    I know these questions have probably been asked before but I'm new to TTC and just really worried. And I want a baby so bad I think I maybe seeing signs that are there.

My husband and I have been TTC for 2 1/2 months now, and I think I maybe pregnant but not really sure yet. I have all the signs but they are the same signs of PMS. Anyway short story long. I know I worry way too much but our first child was born with CHD even though I had a healthy pregnancy. I just don't want to lose it if I am pregnant nor do I want to do something to harm it.

Is it safe for me to be jumping around while I'm doing my cardio?

And sit ups are those okay also?
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    welcome Lamacken!

So today was the first of a 6 week birthing class/breast feeding class/ early childcare class. So far it's good. I already learned some stuff I didn't know :-)

everyone makes it sound like I should be experiencing braxton hicks contractions now. The teacher made it sound like if I haven't noticed them I'm probably having them and not realizing it. One girl in the class says it feels like the baby pushing out and holding it, which I haven't felt, but the teacher said that if you them push on the top of your uterus it will be hard ... and I haven't noticed that.

Has everyone who's had a baby or are in their third trimester felt these?

They told me the same thing in those classes, but I promise, I did not feel a single contraction until I started into labor. Don't worry about it. When you finally have one, you will be like "Oh yeah--so that's what they were talking about!"
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Everyone is so different. In this pregnancy, what I feel is the baby gets really hard, kind of like a ball. It's hard to explain, but I sure feel a difference and then after a few seconds it relaxes. My last pregnancy, I actually felt painful contractions. My first pregnancy I don't remember, but I'm sure it was diffrent. Don't worry about it, as long as you feel your baby moving regularly. Did you receive a pamphlet at your doctor's office about counting kicks? It's very informative and helps you determined is your baby is under stress. the website is www.countthekicks.org. Check it out :smooched:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning - up 1.5lb from last week.....must have been the plate of rice krispie treats I ate by myself. :tongue:

Angela - I don't think I've really experiences BH contractions......If I did I don't notice them. My friends have told me that it's when your belly gets really, really hard. I've got nothing. :laugh:

you probably mistake them for your rock hard abs ;-)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I know these questions have probably been asked before but I'm new to TTC and just really worried. And I want a baby so bad I think I maybe seeing signs that are there.

My husband and I have been TTC for 2 1/2 months now, and I think I maybe pregnant but not really sure yet. I have all the signs but they are the same signs of PMS. Anyway short story long. I know I worry way too much but our first child was born with CHD even though I had a healthy pregnancy. I just don't want to lose it if I am pregnant nor do I want to do something to harm it.

yes perfectly safe at this stage. As things progress your doc will tell you if you need to back off. I was the same way and completely backed off af activities other than walking because I was so scared of a miscarriage. However, my doc and all the books assure you that there is nothing you can do at this stage (other than drug related) than can harm your child or cause a miscarriage.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

you probably mistake them for your rock hard abs ;-)

Angela - now you're making me laugh! :laugh:
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

As always talk to your doc to get clearance first. But as long as you were active before you can stay as active up until you feel uncomfortable about it. I'm 33 week and still doing Zumba 2 times a week and taking my dog for a walk once a week. I ran up until 20 weeks. but after that my doc (and my body) told me no jumps and all that. I stopped doing situps around the 3 month. If my Zumba class does anything that I feel is over the top, then I just do a low impact version of it. Good luck!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Bad weigh in this week :'-(

Gained 3.5lbs in one week!

Pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    Current weight: 185.4
    Pregnancy gain: 23.4lbs :-(

I was only supposed to gain 25lbs this pregnancy and I still have 10 weeks left. There's no way with how much weight the baby is supposed to put on that I won't be under 35lbs by the end. :-(

WOW! You look like you're going to have one healthy baby boy - LOL Just kidding. There were a few weeks I gained 3 lbs in a week and then the next week I would gain nothing or go down. So it all evens itself out. Are you swollen?? Alot of that gain could be water if you are. I can still see my ankle bones, so I'm doing ok so far. 6 more weeks! Then what are we going to talk about!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Bad weigh in this week :'-(

Gained 3.5lbs in one week!

Pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    Current weight: 185.4
    Pregnancy gain: 23.4lbs :-(

I was only supposed to gain 25lbs this pregnancy and I still have 10 weeks left. There's no way with how much weight the baby is supposed to put on that I won't be under 35lbs by the end. :-(

WOW! You look like you're going to have one healthy baby boy - LOL Just kidding. There were a few weeks I gained 3 lbs in a week and then the next week I would gain nothing or go down. So it all evens itself out. Are you swollen?? Alot of that gain could be water if you are. I can still see my ankle bones, so I'm doing ok so far. 6 more weeks! Then what are we going to talk about!
    ]

You forgot the BIG! It's "a BIG healthy boy" lol

after 6 weeks the conversation will go to breastfeeding, spit up, sleepless nights, etc. ;-) It's never ending
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    By the time I get pregnant, all you ladies probably won't be on this thread anymore. I'll be all by myself!! :laugh:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    wow! I just had a huge mcdonald's lunch and now I have like 65 calories left for the rest of the day. I don't know what came over me :sad:
    I think I'm going to sleep until tomorrow:cry:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    This is a great group by the looks of things! I am trying to lose weight before we decide to have kids and this is great! I have lost a total of 29 lbs so far and 10 inches....I had set my goal at 130 but I think I am going to be happy with 140 pre-TTC so 7lbs to go!!! :)
    kuddos to the person that started this Blog!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Welcome cuppycake!
    I am in the same exact boat you are.... so far i've lost about 15lbs I would really like to lose 30 more lbs before TTC but we were hoping to start trying next month so we'll see what happens.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    This is a great group by the looks of things! I am trying to lose weight before we decide to have kids and this is great! I have lost a total of 29 lbs so far and 10 inches....I had set my goal at 130 but I think I am going to be happy with 140 pre-TTC so 7lbs to go!!! :)
    kuddos to the person that started this Blog!

Welcome!!! When I lose 22 more we're going to start TTC. My goal is to get there by Christmas.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Angela, shoppingqueen, yessie...and all the other wealths of knowledge out there, you better not leave the thread as soon as you have your babies. you have to stay for at least a year and got us all through it.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I agree with paldal....we're gonna need y'all!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I agree, paldal and pmaria! Whenever I have a questions I always ask here first :smile: You ladies are a HUGE (no pun intended....haha! :laugh: ) help! After I wrote that last statement it just made me laugh because of the BIG healthy boy comments, lol. But you know that's not what I meant!! :flowerforyou:
  • autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I was just looking around and I found this blog!
    My husband and I have been TTC since March. I am nowhere near where I want to be weight wise but I am healthy even though I am big. I am sad because I do not think I am ovulating regularly due to my weight. I was also on BC for around 10 years. I just got off in December and I am affraid that is not helping either.
    Any advice?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I agree, paldal and pmaria! Whenever I have a questions I always ask here first :smile: You ladies are a HUGE (no pun intended....haha! :laugh: ) help! After I wrote that last statement it just made me laugh because of the BIG healthy boy comments, lol. But you know that's not what I meant!! :flowerforyou:

haha no worries, I laughed out loud when I read it. :-)