This may sound evil, but....keeping it real.

Options

Replies

• rae27_au
    rae27_au Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have friends that look better 3 months post pregnancy than I do 16 years past it. Regular exercise and not going crazy on the calories seems to work well. Being majorly stressed doesn't (from my experience), so choose the daddy carefully and avoid mr negatives like the cap or dav above!! :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know... you don't have to give birth. You could adopt. Lots of kids out there need good parents.
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you have already started taking care of yourself before getting pregnant, you are more likely to be able to regain your figure afterwards. Being careful to eat well and exercise within your limits, you will find you're doing really well.

I didn't think about my health and fitness until after I had my children. I regret that now, because I can see the damage I did to myself by being overweight to begin with.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Then don't have babies.

^ This.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    It is worth every pound and every stretch mark! Of course it is completely human to feel that way though but just work your *kitten* off to get in good shape now so you can continue to work out during your pregnancy! :)
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every single pound gained is worth the end result!!! Annnnnnnd if we are keeping it real then by the time that you reach your goal weight/body and get married annnnd get pregnant....you will know what it takes to have a healthy pregnancy and only gain what weight is needed to, to have a healthy baby...once baby is born it won't be so difficult to loose those few lbs that you gained...and you will have a precious baby to show for it!! I have 5 kids and I am about 10 lbs heavier than I was in HS!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd gotten into good shape before I got pregnant with my kids.

You'll do fine. You know how to eat right, exercise right and it'll spring back in no time!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    ... just don't say this to the scores of women out there who would kill to have their body "destroyed" by a healthy happy baby. Just keepin' it real...
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't have babies. It's not a requirement (although society would have you think so). Plenty of other folks out there breeding, no reason for you to do it if you don't want to.

Many, many people are childfree.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I look better now than I did before I got pregnant with my son 20 years ago.

With an attitude like yours.... please DO NOT have children. Go get your tubes tied & find a guy who can't have kids. PLEASE.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I'm working really hard to get fit. By the time I get married and start thinking about having kids I will have gotten my goal body. So after all that work, I can't help but think how bad it would suck to have a baby and gain it all back plus some.

I call a troll.

But if you're not a troll, then I call conceited.
  • Recovery_Girl
    Options
    Not evil, a little shallow. But also really understandable when you're coming from a place of working so hard to finally achieve feeling better about yourself and looking better.

I'd say just enjoy being married and see where your heart is when it comes to having kids later. You can stay healthy and active during pregnancy easily enough as others have pointed out. As long as you run your activity by your doctor. Or you could always choose to not have children or adopt. Although a lot of kids who need to be adopted have horrible self images because of prior abuse so you would really need to be body positive for them, regardless of weight. It really just comes down to attitude. If you don't think you can lose the pregnancy weight or look as good afterwards, it's just self defeating. The best thing to do is have a child when you're ready and take the issue of weight gain as it comes.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It's better to go into it fit, than not. You'll rebound a lot quicker :)

Not only this, but labor will be easier. Generally speaking, your doctor will tell you to do what you have always done and let your body tell you when to stop. No worries!

If you don't want 'em, don't have 'em. You are so very young and still in the egocentric phase of your life. Better to not have kids when you still think the planets revolve around you. Just keepin' it real.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in shape at all when I got pregnant, but I hardly gained any baby weight, maybe 5-10lbs at the most. All pregnancies are different, but if you continue walking or light workouts and eat sensibly, you won't necessarily put on 50 pounds or anything.

If you do, it's worth it :)
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had lost 60 pounds before I found out I was pregnant. Through my pregnancy I only put on 25 pounds (he was almost 8 pounds). I gained back the other 35 pounds after I had him. I lost control of my tendency to stress eat. But, I've managed to get back on my feet. He is worth it. Trust me, that first time they call you mama your heart melts. If you want to have babies, have them. I walked every day I was pregnant (up to 4 miles a day). So you don't have to gain copious amounts of weight to be a mother. I suspect it's more than just "I don't want to be fat" though in your case. Maybe get to the root of that. Congrats on the soon coming nuptials though!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Don't have babies. It's not a requirement (although society would have you think so). Plenty of other folks out there breeding, no reason for you to do it if you don't want to.

Many, many people are childfree.

Breeding like we are cattle? I mean...really now? I commend people who know that having children is not for them but why the disrespectful term for something as beautiful as pregnancy/giving birth/child rearing. Thank goodness your Momma decided to be a breeder,eh? o_O
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have delivered two almost 9lb babies. They are 5 and 7. I look the best I've ever looked.

However, until you have a better opinion towards what having children is all about.... Double bag and pill it... Cuz you are not ready.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    They are worth it!! Worth every pound and every stretch mark.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Um, I gained 16 pounds and ALL was gone when I got home from the hospital. You don't automatically gain 100 pounds. Some women do because of health problems, so just over eating either because they feel free to or because they legitimately feel hungry -- but it's not a sure thing. A "normal" pregnancy is only gaining 25-35 pounds. 4 of that is placenta, 8 is baby, 2 is fluid. That's 14 gone at birth. you only have 11-21 more to go. The key is to remain active and mindful of your body.

In my case, I was horrendously sick and would avoid pregnancy at almost any cost now because of that. But I know other women who loved it and did gain a lot of weight -- either way, the baby kind of makes up for all of that.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie. Baby girl, it SUCKS ;)