This may sound evil, but....keeping it real.

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I have delivered two almost 9lb babies. They are 5 and 7. I look the best I've ever looked.

However, until you have a better opinion towards what having children is all about.... Double bag and pill it... Cuz you are not ready.

Yep.

I'll add a pull out to the end of that just for good measure.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    If you work out while pregnant it wont be alot of work to get back i think.

We had a pregnant lady at the gym and she worked out till the end and when she came back you would never have thought she had a baby.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When u are ready to have kids u won't much care about anything else. So till then stop worrying about it.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I see pregnant women in the gym frequently, some of them even doing Bodypump. When you truly want a child of your own, this won't make a difference. I would hate to think someone decided against children because of weight gain.

If someone decided against children because of weight gain, the world is probably better off. Just keeping it real.

I have had two children and have close to my ideal body. Yes, the belly part still needs work, but I am getting there. My boys are worth not having a flat stomach...not that I had one before they were born.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your point of view and can certainly relate. Got pregnant with my 10 year old son at 16, gave birth at 17. I was not ready to be a mom - to say the least. I didn't want to get fat, have my skin stretched out, have to be responsible for another human being, none of that appealed to me at all. Thankfully, his father is a wonderful man, now my husband, and helped me through all of the struggles.

I'm not going to tell you having kids is great and totally worth the ravages it puts your body through, or that you should do it because it's a wonderful part of life. It's not like that for everyone, which is why a lot of people don't have children. Nothing wrong with that. It's better in my opinion for someone to know they're not ready and choose not to have a child than to be careless (like say for example, teenage me) and get pregnant by accident to have a child they're obviously unprepared for.

I love my son, more than life itself, but there are plenty of days I wish I'd waited just a bit longer before having a kid so I'd be more mature and ready to handle it. When you're ready, you'll know, and you won't care about the aftermath on your body, permanent or impermanent. :)

Plus, there is always adoption. I think it's a highly underrated option that too few people look into.
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    After three beautiful babies I look better now than ever before. Do I have stretch marks? Yep. Am I still working on the last of my tummy trouble area? Yep. But I wouldn't change any of it for the whole world on a golden platter - my kids (and my husband) are my life. Worth every stretch mark and extra fat %. lol. ;) Plus if you get into a great lifestyle now, you will be able to continue on and keep healthy and fit during pregnancy. I only wish I would have been in that position it would have made everything a whole lot easier! :D
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm working really hard to get fit. By the time I get married and start thinking about having kids I will have gotten my goal body. So after all that work, I can't help but think how bad it would suck to have a baby and gain it all back plus some.

I also can't fathom how women allow this to happen. I'm thoroughly grossed out by the thought of conception, carriage, and birth of a child. Then, after all of that sacrifice and pain, you have to be chained to it 24/7 and never truly be independent again. I can't imagine anything worse. But then... I Google before/after pics of women's stomachs and I become truly terrified. I know that a lot of women can "recover" from the damage, but many are not fortunate enough despite their best efforts. If vanity were my only issue, I'd probably be able to overcome it. I have much bigger issues (obviously) than that, though. No kids for me. If you don't want kids either, regardless of your reason(s), there's nothing wrong with that.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i have 2 kids and im still tiny... i lost it all... :) so its different with everyone.. AND i didnt get any stretch marks..
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Don't have babies. It's not a requirement (although society would have you think so). Plenty of other folks out there breeding, no reason for you to do it if you don't want to.

Many, many people are childfree.

Breeding like we are cattle? I mean...really now? I commend people who know that having children is not for them but why the disrespectful term for something as beautiful as pregnancy/giving birth/child rearing. Thank goodness your Momma decided to be a breeder,eh? o_O

And it only came off negative because you took it that way. Poster of the above was just saying as it is. Instead of saying having kids, they said breeding. Same thing and I doubt the poster of that comment was being mean or disrespectful
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I'm working really hard to get fit. By the time I get married and start thinking about having kids I will have gotten my goal body. So after all that work, I can't help but think how bad it would suck to have a baby and gain it all back plus some.

I also can't fathom how women allow this to happen. I'm thoroughly grossed out by the thought of conception, carriage, and birth of a child. Then, after all of that sacrifice and pain, you have to be chained to it 24/7 and never truly be independent again. I can't imagine anything worse. But then... I Google before/after pics of women's stomachs and I become truly terrified. I know that a lot of women can "recover" from the damage, but many are not fortunate enough despite their best efforts. If vanity were my only issue, I'd probably be able to overcome it. I have much bigger issues (obviously) than that, though. No kids for me. If you don't want kids either, regardless of your reason(s), there's nothing wrong with that.

You're a brave girl for posting this. lol.

And this is the exact kind of thing that pro-lifers are going to rip to shreds and condemn someone for. I, however, felt the exact same way, and quite honestly still do. I don't want to have another child, at least not right now. When I'm older, though, I think I might like to adopt a little girl. :) Still on the fence, though... kinda looking forward to having freedom again once my son moves out of the house... lol I guess I'm evil now too.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Get a dog or cat instead.

LOL I have 2 huge dogs and 2 kittens
  • evdjohnson
    Options

Just try really hard not to have a free for all on food when you are preggo and stay active. We all have those crazy pregnant lady cravings but keep it in check! If you stay active throughout your pregnancy that REALLY helps in bouncing back after baby. Also, if you breast feed that will literally suck out tons and tons of calories!
  • Kholz90
    Kholz90 Posts: 6
    Options
    I got married March 12, 2011
    At age 20.
    Gave birth to my first baby girl, March 24, 2012.
    At age 21
    I was 150 before pregnancy, gained 54 pounds.
    I'm currently 180 and working hard to lose my weight.
    And, come August/September we are going to try to conceive again.
    I can't wait to be skinny!! But i also know how hard i worked to lose this weight and i'm going to do my best to not gain as much, that way it's easier to lose next time.
    With my pregnancy i ate and ate and ate some more. Lots and lots of fast food and junk food. Didn't exercise, didn't drink water, and was hardly active at all. I just sat on my butt all day once i got home from work so the weight piled on.

I'm going to eat healthy, and exercise as much as i can.
    Getting pregnant isn't a bad thing if you do it the right way.
    And you will lose that weight if you try. It took me a year before it finally hit me that i want to lose the weight. And so far i've lost 15 pounds in a month.

Don't let weight hold you back from making a new life.
    Having a baby is a wonderful thing, i LOVE being a mommy! And i can't wait until i get pregnant again.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

LOL I have 2 huge dogs and 2 kittens

Awesome. Animals are then best! :)
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

This is excellent advice. Kids aren't a requirement. People seem to pump them out all the time without really thinking about it. Do you really WANT kids, or are you just expected to have them? The world is overpopulated already. There are plenty of animals that need a good home.

If you do have a kid, don't follow the advice of a nutritionist. I was 16 when I got pregnant, did everything I was told to do by the nutritionist because I didn't want to make any mistakes, and I gained 65 pounds. The next 2 pregnancies I didn't see a nutritionist, only ate what I wanted when I felt like it, and gained 10 pounds. Healthy babies every time.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    People work out while pregnant. As long as the doctor Ok's it, there is no reason to think you are going to totally fall apart.

That's the nicest thing I have to say, just keeping it real.

I probably won't be allowed to. I would be a high risk pregnancy. Hydrocephalus with 2 shunts. www.hydroassoc.org
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If you don't want kids, don't have any, there are enough people on the planet as it is.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Adopt there is already enough children that need a good healthy mommy
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    lomxGLD.gif
    That being said, i wholeheartedly support your decision not to have babies.

I haven't decided not to have babies.
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i felt the same when i found out i was pregnant! i ate tons when i was pregnant and only gained 20 maybe 25 lbs and i had her on her due date, within 2 weeks after i had lost 30 lbs, between having diaretics for extra water bloating/weight and breast feeding! my stomach was basically flat. all i did was use the wii fit for biggest loser inside my house about an hour 2 maybe 3 times a week! i didnt count calories or anything. im not a big fast food person so that helped but breastfeeding helps tons even for the first couple weeks if that all you can do! Its soooo totally worth it though even if you gain some vs. not having a beautiful baby!