Someone told me to stop lifting heavy yesterday.

Options

Replies

• JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous before AND after! WONDERFUL job :).
  • Shrynkabelle
    Shrynkabelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love your amazing success story! Your transformation is stunning, as are you. Thank you so much for sharing.

I just started the New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women this week and WOW, what a great workout! Very inspiring, I'm taking lots of pictures, too,
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You've done some amazing work there! The last picture of your face is my favorite. You're beautiful.
  • victorialkay
    Options
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen until I stop seeing results.

Short story: 35 lbs & 10 inches lost from my neck, waist and hips in 4 months. I'm still a work in progress, but I thought I would post a thread for the first time =)

Here's the long story. Until a couple of years ago, I had never eaten a fruit or veggie in my life. I just refused. I'm not kidding. I lived off of processed food, a lot of junk food, meat, bread, pasta, and a LOT of sugar. I loved candy, cookies, all desserts; everything. I ate horrrrribly. Sometimes, I would have fast food for more than one (sometimes more than two, don't judge) meals per day. I ate entire cans of cake frosting by myself for dinner. I drank 3 liter sodas by myself with lunch. I ate dessert with every meal. Entire boxes of girl scout cookies or oreos several times per week. How I did not become 400 lbs I will

One day at work, I was not feeling well so they decided to check my hemoglobin A1c, which is a finger prick to tell the average of your blood sugars over the last three months. It came back as prediabetic. At 22 and with a BMI of 27, I was shocked and knew something had to change, like now. I was not THAT overweight and "too young" to be diabetic. My diet was absolutely...terrible. (Well, I say I was shocked, but honestly, I knew, because I could and still can feel my blood sugar highs and lows.)

That was in early 2012. It took me almost a year of crash diets, fad diets, starving myself, hating myself and fighting with myself to finally figure it out. In that time, I think I joined MFP three times. I also joined loseit.com among several other websites and bought six different diet books. I joined Weight Watchers and did Nutrisystem. I did a weight loss doctor and sure, I lost some weight here and there, but gained it right back after I stopped whatever diet it was at the time. Nothing lasted more than 7 days, I always ended up caving to the hypoglycemia (headaches, dizziness, shakiness) because I didn't know how to FEED my body. I never had before, I didn't know what to eat, when to eat, how often to eat, and fruits and veggies still weren't in the mix; neither was exercise.

Boom. January 1 of this year. 180 degrees in my life. I made a new MFP account (for some reason, it had to be a new one every time lol). I gave up alcohol, fast food, and soda entirely. I started eating glycemic index-ish/paleo-ish/17-day-diet-ish (a mixture of all the books I had read in the year I had tried to diet before haha, I picked and chose what I liked from each of them). The key for me was eating frequently, like in the beginning I ate every hour. I eat high in protein and FINALLY added in the veggies. I started running and lifting. I exercise almost every day and find so much clarity in exercise... I am completely and totally, 100% addicted.

So here I am. Almost 4.5 months into this "diet" and still going strong, thanks to the 150+ people whom I've "met" on this site (pals, if you're reading this, you all are my saviors, you all keep me going every day and I can't thank you enough!!!). While I am still symptomatic with my blood sugar, my A1c's are now within normal limits. I know this change is for life because I have no choice. I can't go back to my old ways or I WILL become full blown diabetic. I still do not drink soda and in over 100 days, I have not had one bite of fast food. (I did recently start drinking a little alcohol again but hey, it's baseball season...nothing like beer and baseball ;) and the deal was get to your goal and you can drink again). Coming from a legitimate fast food addict, that is a huge accomplishment.

Who would have thought, that all you needed to do was eat healthy and exercise?! No need to spend obscene amounts of money on all of that crazy stuff like I did!! I'm living proof that it works!

And now for everyone's favorite part!! PICTURES!!!

Height: 5'8''
    SW: 176.2
    CW: 141
    GW: 130

I apologize in advance for the huge photos!!!!

BEFORE
    Christmas party 2012:
    2f2afbe1-066c-4feb-9cc4-888e7ed05392_zpsd6262ae1.jpg

That's my belly hanging OVER the counter. OMG. Thanksgiving day 2012, before dinner.
    1a163a04-e73d-4c2d-bd63-1a2be6984ae1_zps155a6589.jpg

9b2896d4-33bd-4525-b15f-cb809b31d90c_zpsf25c1f89.jpg

e86fec62-228a-49ad-878c-89cc068bd357_zps3ac8115f.jpg

DURING
    I weighed approximately 155 in this pic?
    575b5ed8-5346-4499-936e-9bb14dc67101_zps01bfc644.jpg

6f9c46f1-a700-4737-961d-a9ad72ced8bf_zps68dab2a6.jpg

AFTER
    Currently 141
    5e6f402d-750d-439b-bc2c-fb4d5cc41442_zps4658692d.jpg

4e688d7c-c931-4f15-bbd3-18239117c1c0_zps5f5f86f2.jpg

20130409_154133_zps01acb946.jpg

64913ae3-3539-46e3-8f14-e842e7f2f7e1_zpsccc726d2.jpg

I have baby biceps!!!!
    0651d1e6-a662-4d2f-aeb0-7c24d9b0c3af_zps0a51410c.jpg

And of course, face comparison pictures!
    e41b23c3-ca1a-434d-8b0d-fe20ffa20aa2_zps733940fb.jpg

aviary_1364252827697_zps5514a2f2.jpg

Keep on kicking *kitten* girl! You deserve all the rewards you get with that hard work! And you did it the right way too! :flowerforyou:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Isn't there a saying "Lift heavy or stay home" something like that. F' people and what they think you should be doing. You aren't there for their pleasure.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    amazing, keep up the great job!
  • xoRicanmel
    xoRicanmel Posts: 137
    Options
    Omfg you look awesome! Your an inspiration..phenomenal work for only 4 months. Get it girl!
  • lcamilli
    lcamilli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and such an inspiration!
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW!

You've done that in 4 months? You are my weight & fitness hero! Keep up the inspiring work; you're doing great!

AGREED!!!!
  • melisslp
    melisslp Posts: 5
    Options
    SO proud of you! Happy that I've been able to see you progress during this journey! You ROCK!!!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    that's amazing. what a transformation in just 4 months. you're beautiful; keep up the good work.
  • chelles2007
    Options
    You look awesome! Such an amazing transformation in just 4 months.
    You've probably posted this before, but what is your workout plan like?
  • cbenj09
    cbenj09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    O....M.....G. You are totally AMAZING! I can't believe your progress!! In you, I have now found my OWN inspiration. Plus, it totally helps to see someone my height :) I started at 155, and in NO way did I look nearly as good as you did at 151 (how does that work?!?!!?). I'm at 144 now, but my goal is 142. Looking at your results, I want to push it further than that.

Thank you, thank you, for providing your post and pics!

Keep at it, girl!!!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOU!!! you look amazing, such an inspiration! thank you for sharing! XOXO
  • ladylass89
    Options
    wow, amazing
  • dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You're amazing :D
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    You look awesome! Such an amazing transformation in just 4 months.
    You've probably posted this before, but what is your workout plan like?

I do anywhere from 15-75 minutes of cardio before I do a total body weight lifting workout from the moves from the ChaLEAN Extreme workout videos =) Every day =)
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    O....M.....G. You are totally AMAZING! I can't believe your progress!! In you, I have now found my OWN inspiration. Plus, it totally helps to see someone my height :) I started at 155, and in NO way did I look nearly as good as you did at 151 (how does that work?!?!!?). I'm at 144 now, but my goal is 142. Looking at your results, I want to push it further than that.

Thank you, thank you, for providing your post and pics!

Keep at it, girl!!!

Thanks lady!! It's all about those weights!!!!! =)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    so awesome!!! congrats on your progress.. you look fantastic! glad you finally decided on doing it the healthy way :)
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    amazing. what awesome results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!