Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    can someone actually explain why a tramp stamp is trashy?

It isnt trashy, its just another word used to shame women, their bodies and their choices - implying that someone is a tramp because they have a tattoo on their lower back is not only offensive, its utterly ridiculous.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the name calling on here is laughable. Unfortunately just the usual responses Ive come to expect from the vast users of MFP.

This is totally why. No one makes comments around tattoos and sex/class about men.

No tattoos for me, I like to change my furniture too often. No way could I commit to a permanent symbol without worrying it might accidentally, due to my own ignorance, turn out to be a trend. (If I did get one, it might be geometric shapes in white, turquoise and orange, no black ink, maybe triangles or something. Not that I've thought about it ;)

You should get what you want and put it where you want. If you're taking a poll of preferences, I think small to medium-sized tattoos look nice over a single shoulder blade, on an otherwise untattooed body. On more heavily tattooed bodies, I think sort of broadly diagonal coverage looks neat.
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Can they be cool/interesting/classy? Or are they always "tramp stamps"?

Personally I think it's unfortunate they get such a bad rap, since it's nice place for a tattoo.

But at the same time, I've never seen one in person that gave off a "classy" vibe...

What do you think?

I have a tat on my lower back mainly because I didn't want the whole world to see it. I designed it purely for me and it's the nickname my Dad gave me with a heart and some scroll work on it. I have another simple one planned for the kitty I just had to put to sleep. This one will also be hidden most times and is only for me. With that being said, I think some tattoos are fine, but don't care for the look all over someone's body. To each their own tho...just my humble opinion :drinker:
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm gonna tattoo my penis
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Nice one brah...hope that works out for you because you need something to draw the attention there, don't ya?
  • MiamiKid305
    Options
    Nice one brah...hope that works out for you because you need something to draw the attention there, don't ya?

Well apparently I just got your attention :)
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You mean you're going to tattoo A penis where one should be? (;
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    529560_415677211861072_445791549_n_zpsf753a48b.png

I love this <3
  • MiamiKid305
    Options

Wouldn't that be sexy?
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options

How incredibly simple-minded. My tattoos mean A LOT to me. I survived a kidnapping/aggravated battery, and I have tattoos that symbolize my survival. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I see those tattoos, and am reminded that I have been through worse. They mean something TO ME, and if others were to look at them, they wouldn't know.

Wow, you have amazing strength xx
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Wouldn't that be sexy?
    I'd drool
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Stars_zps80524ed5.jpg

Guess I'm trash then! That said most people don't even know I've got 2 tattoos, including my 'tramp stamp'. I'm a 40yr old mother of 2 with a respectable job where I look smart. I see far more trash in the clothes that people chose to wear.

I love tattoos but think the design itself determines whether or not it's trashy rather than it's location.

Just my opinion, but would rather see someone showing off their tattoos then having someone preaching to me about God
  • MiamiKid305
    Options

Wouldn't that be sexy?
    I'd drool

I'll show you!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I often get the what about when your 80 thing.

I'm type 1 diabetic, if I'm still alive at 70 let alone 80 ill be happy no matter how crappy my tattoos look.
  • gregpasq
    gregpasq Posts: 14
    Options
    Nothing says non-conformity like conformity......
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos, just too chicken.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I have a very large tattoo on my back. It is open to be continued down to my butt and around my side. I have it to celebrate my weight loss, 20 years of marriage and my 3 children (they picked the colours) If I do extend it down to my butt I will not be concerned with what people think. The only reason I haven't already done it is because of the pain! when the artist came over my left shoulder I nearly cried! I perhaps should have had it done when I had a bit more fat because now I'm scared to have my lower back done.......... PAIN!!!!

Placement is a personal preference. Lower back tattoos get my vote and my admiration. It is a shame they have been tagged as tramp stamps. This is a beautiful one (not mine)

578059_652918578067535_1220077696_n_zps3ab71d87.jpg[/URL]
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly not all "tramp stamps" are trampy. I knew someone in High School who had a very colorful one of two dolphins and some other stuff. It looked great because she had nice skin. Of course when she sat down it would be peeking out of her school uniform, so that is why many thought it was trampy.

Honestly I wanted a tattoo in Middle School of the Sun infused with the moon but over the years I have become very fickle and indecisive. Nowadays I do not see myself getting a tattoo anytime soon since my skin is so dark. It will either look like garbage from five feet away or just not even visible (unless I spring for gold).
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the design and how well it's done imo. But i've never personally liked the placement, I'd prefer an upper back or side tattoo if I got my back done.
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Tattoo's are a way people express themselves. Some are gracefully placed to not be seen by all, while others are out there in the open for all to see. Either way, if you call them trashy or unclassy, it is the same as calling a person ugly.

I don't personally have a tattoo or even want one, but I respect those who do. Not because I like their tattoo's or the thought of them having a tattoo, but because i judge them on who they are as a person.

To answer your original post. Lower back tattoo's look classy when the women is wearing a dress or shirt that accentuates it.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love mine, not tramp stamp but tattoos in general
    so much so that I am training to be a tattoo artist!!!