Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    I got a tattoo on my lower back when I was 18 years old because I thought it was a nice place to put one. The term "tramp stamp" wasn't around then, or if it was, I didn't know about it. I still love my tattoo, but hate the fact that thsi term is associated with it. :(
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Every tattoo will bring back some memory in life.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My tattoo is for me and no one else, so I really dont care what anyone else thinks. If you choose not to like me or hang out with me because I have a "tramp stamp", thats your loss!
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    fact: tattoos do make a person sexier.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've got 21 tattoos - I love them and I have 4 on my back, with more planned.

Tats can be classy or not, they are art and it's beauty in the eye of the beholder.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Options
    *GOOD, TASTEFUL* tattoos make a person sexier.
  • BNDelarosa
    Options
    I think lower back tattoos tend to look trashy not because of the tattoo but because of the kind of clothing that is often worn in order to show off that tattoo

I slightly agree with this. I have one, I don't think its trashy. I love it and although it doesn't have any meaning (that I know of) I think its a nice piece of art. HOWEVER, I have NEVER worn clothes to try to show it off.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    <== apparently loves being trashy
  • AmazingTech
    Options
    I don't really understand having one on your lower back, to me if I had a tattoo I would have it out most of the time so somewhere that is visible otherwise I don't really get the point in it, how often do you have your lower back on display, unless you wear really short crop tops and mega low slung jeans, which isn't a very classy look,
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Two of my three daughters have lower back tattoos. While I am not necessarily a fan, neither one is a tramp. All three girls have class. They didn't ask my permission and they did not need it.

Isn't the whole process of getting a tattoo to express yourself and show your independence?

It means something to them and they mean the world to me, so I (and they) don't really give a *kitten* what others think.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Let's drink to being trashyyy:drinker:
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Two of my three daughters have lower back tattoos. While I am not necessarily a fan, neither one is a tramp. All three girls have class. They didn't ask my permission and they did not need it.

Isn't the whole process of getting a tattoo to express yourself and show your independence?

It means something to them and they mean the world to me, so I (and they) don't really give a *kitten* what others think.

Love your opinion!
  • emafairycake1986
    emafairycake1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i have 8 tatoos and i love them all ! 2 on my lower back 1 on the top 1 on my thigh 1 on my side 1 on my hip and 2 butterflys and i LOVE THEM And well if you dont like mine... i dont care :P x
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Options
    I'll bet the ppl talking **** about tattoos want tattoos but are too p*ssy to get one.. ha
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think lower back tattoos tend to look trashy not because of the tattoo but because of the kind of clothing that is often worn in order to show off that tattoo

Agreed....the last thing I need to see is somebody's *kitten* crack.
  • pompeii79
    pompeii79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo was on my lower back. It is 3 words in Latin (I studied Latin for 10 years) and a rose. Simple, meaningful, and classy.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i love tattoos, and i love hearing the stories behind them.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'll bet the ppl talking **** about tattoos want tattoos but are too p*ssy to get one.. ha

Word
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    If you took a look at my profession (computer nerd) you wouldn't think that = tramp.
    If you look at my wardrobe, mostly business attire, probably not "trashy"
    If you look at my personal life, happily married for 11 years and proud soccer mom of 4, that probably also doesn't scream TRAMP.
    If you look at my tattoos and think wow what a hooch, well then so be it.
    My tattoos mean something to me. I like them, and I didn't get them for anyone but myself!

**also I rarely show off my "tramp stamp" maybe it may be visible in my swim suit, but not always. It was probably visible while I was doing the back walkover in my profile :-) My foot tattoo is much more visible.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    I have "Carpe Diem" tattooed on my lower back. I was 18 when I got it, I'm 32 now. Would I go out tomorrow and get it done if I hadn't already had it? No. Does it bother me that I did get it? No, not at all. It makes me smile about my youthful optimism. I'd like to think that it's a little more classy than some of the lower back tatts that I've seen, but i guess everyone views tattoos differently.