WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2013

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,149 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a safe, healthy, and happy weekend.:heart:

The ticker finally ticked down to zero today. YEAH.:love: (Nothing like self promotion right?)

Hugs.

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Gonzamm – Of course you are not a terrible person for feeling this way, you are a human being (a Woman) who is used to putting others first, putting on a happy face even when you’re not. I’m glad you got to cry, because I know it helped me to get it out of my system. I’m glad to hear that in retirement you’re taking more time for yourself, just make sure to keep yourself on the top of your “list” :flowerforyou:

Viv in York – Uugghh, “team-building day” I couldn’t agree more about them being a waste of time (and company money). In my personal experience they actually did more harm than good! Hope it goes by painlessly for you. :wink:

Phyllis in Egypt – Hope you have a wonderful (dog-pack free) weekend!!! Thanks for your kind words. :smile:

DeeDee – That’s a great idea about the GS cookies, I will do that in the future too! Good luck on your closet cleaning project, just keeping telling yourself “it will feel so good when it’s over” :tongue:

Joyce – You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Acknowledging what is your reality is a very strong thing to do. If calling the YMCA is too much for you, could one of your daughters maybe do it for you? It’s not a sign of weakness to ask for others’ help, it’s the strongest thing you can do! Maybe if you find out your membership is indeed active you’ll be intrigued to go in and check out what they’ve got to offer you now. Hugs ! :happy:

Jane – Happy you found a place, but know moving is a pain. Just know that once you’re done, that’s it for a long time!! Stay dry and safe :drinker:

Brooke from Colorado

“We must be willing to give up the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” - - Joseph Campbell
  • keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump. Hope to chime in tomorrow. Marcia - Virginia newbee....tired. :yawn:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,794 Member
    Options
    evening ladies,
    worked today and went to my girlfriends to see her new baby boy~ he is a month old and adorable.... and I have the grandma touch had him out like a light in about 15 minutes:happy:
    I was starving at lunchtime and a rep brought in lunch so I had half a sandwich, and when I went to look up the calories, OH Boy It was a doozy 480 calories for the half sandwich,but boy was that good... I did ok calorie wise.
    having the tree guy come tomorrow to take some tree's down if the weather holds out.. and do some more laundry..
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend:flowerforyou:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Gym today: exercise class, weight machines and bike. Then a quiet day; long phone conversation with my best friend......who has been my friend since kindergarten.......unfortunately 2 states away. But we speak often, so we manage. Hoping for a resolution in Boston; it just gets more awful. One of my daughter's friends from h.s.........a brilliant girl, is at M.I.T. ---I've been thinking of her all day and hoping she hasn't been too scared.

Lora......hoping you are feeling better, great loss, 2.5, yeah! You live in my fav. city, haven't been there for ages, though

Grandmallie.......will try to find your radio station; I like variety

Michele in N.C.....another one who forgot sunscreen, we must remember!!! Did the same thing last week-end

Gonzamm....yes, a good cry helps sometimes

DeDee........finding clothes that fit is the best part of cleaning closets........I got into a pair of pants that I swear didn't zip 2 wks. ago just last night!!

Jane .....stay dry and enjoy your new home

Lin........Congrats on reaching zero, great job!!!!

yanniejannie mid-Atlantic/storms
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This is my afternoon to be exhausted after the fabulous line dance class I taught, three hours of walking dogs, more than an hour on the recumbent bike……getting to bed early will be the best remedy and by tomorrow I’ll be raring to go again.

:flowerforyou: I’m reading “Thinner This Year”……a great book with lots of information about why exercise is important and why your eating plan should be “eat healthy foods---don’t eat crap”

:flowerforyou: The weather isn’t as bad here as it is in many other places, but it’s not very inviting to work in the yard.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Lin, congratulations on reaching your goal.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Viv - have fun at your team building day!

DeeDee - do you have to continue regularly with the acupuncturist to keep the swelling down?

katla - do you mean how Mexican Train domineos got started or how we (Newcomers) got started? Newcomers got started because one lady just took the ball and went with it (got things going)

jane - take care

jmkmomm - I don't like those windstorm hand dryers in bathrooms, either. I haven't figured out why places would use them.

Lin - big congrats to you!

gonzamm - I agree, you ARE NOT a terrible person, you are someone who is concerned about the feelings of others.

Today started out going to the Y, did 30 minutes of speed intervals (ran for 30 seconds, walked at a fast rate for 1 minute) then did 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical (sprint for 30 seconds, recover for 1 minute). Then I did a bit of shopping -- finally found a few bras that fit me at a price I was willing to pay, then went to mahjongg since it was raining and maj'd 4 times, went food shopping (hmmmm...there are some things I know I bought but I don't find them), then stopped at the Health Food store to get some of the Arctic Zero, home to have dinner.

Tomorrow I'll go to yoga.

yannijannie - it certainly feels good to find clothes that didn't fit you before, doesn't it. That and putting clothes that are too big for you in a bag to give to the Salvation Army....it doesn't get much better than that

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: I wanted to know how your group started. Thanks for the answer.:bigsmile:

Katla
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good morning gorgeous girlies from bright blue skies in UK. We have sun!!!

Just stopping by at the mo to mark my spot & send hugs, prayers & good thoughts to all affect by the sad events in Boston. Will catch up with reading & check back later.

Interesting fact - I found Chobani yogurt here in UK yesterday!!

Take care all.

Geri in England
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Hallo there lovely ladies!
    The lb which has been waiting to shift for 12 days finally went this morning. Phew! Only 7 to go to get into the normal BMI.
    I went out to tea with my friend and consumed 700 calories. - that clotted cream is a killer, but I did leave half the pot. That left me 200 for an evening meal so I had salad with Tabasco and 1 oz of Parmesan plus a Pernod. Made it!
    I was glad to get through the day with no damage, plus my friend said WOW! when she saw me! I am now the lightest I have been for 20 years.
    Off to Paris tomorrow. We should make a great group - all of us over 60 and whooping it up as we did when we were 16. Luckily in Paris you do a LOT of walking so should burn off some of the delicious food I intend to eat. Will stick to seafood I think. I am flying from my local airport so it makes for an easier journey. - just a hop really. (Just trying to make you all jealous! )
    I do think of you all throughout the day, especially those who are struggling with health and emotional issues. I wish you strength.
    Speak on Wednesday.
    Cityjane
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies from a London with blue skies

Unfortunately the view from the gallery window is completely blocked by an enormous crane which is parked outside whilst lifting something on to the roof across the road. I'm hoping it isn't going to be there too long.

I haven't really been around much this week, what with hospital visits etc. I also went for colonic hydrotherapy on Wednesday as recommended by my doctor. At the hospital I was told that I have chronic and severe IBS and that there's not an awful lot they can do about it. Yay! Just what I wanted to hear .... oh, maybe not.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

My DD and I took the grandtwins to the farm yesterday where they got to play with lambs, tiny kids, piglets and llamas amongst other things. We all had great fun and I'm not entirely sure who was most exhausted at the end of the day! Precious times. It's hard to believe that 3 years ago this week, my daughter took her pregnancy test and now we have these two adorable little humans racing around in our hearts. Life is such a miracle.

Gosh, I have to do some work!

I'll be back soon.

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Must have had a senior moment as I thought today was Sunday. ................... oops!
    It's Monday I'm going to Paris of course.
    Feel pleased this morning as DH had to leave early today and left me to do my exercise on my own. He is normally my companion and I would never have got this far without him as I am naturally a real lazybones and will take any excuse. Anyway off he went and I got on those damn machines! Half way through the elliptical my knee hurt, which could have been my good excuse to give up, but I just did extra time on the recumbent bicycle. WTG! ☆
    I know I am so lucky to have 3 machines at home which DH bought when we moved to the country. In the winter I can look out on the rain and wind or ice and feel grateful. Sun is shining today, I've already been out watering the seeds.
    Love to all again ♥♥♥♥♥
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, happy to be back :heart:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Joyce :smile: I bet you are stronger than you think! Good for getting in a least .9 of a mile, baby steps first!!!

Gonzamm :smile: Have fun cleaning your closet, it is a great feeling when things are either too big and you can get rid of them, or finally fit:bigsmile: , both include doing a happy dance!!!

Lin :smile: Woo hoo!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!!! How wonderful to see that zero at the end of the ticker!!!! I`m very proud of you, all the hard work you`ve done!!!! Congrats again!!!

Brooke :smile: I will certainly be doing a happy dance when the closet is done, and it will feel
    so good when I actually walk in my walk in closet and see everything nice and neat! Hope your weather is improving and it`s warmer today:glasses: !

Grandmallie :smile: It`s amazing at the calories in some innocent looking items:noway: !

Yanniejannie :smile: Congrats on getting in those pants, its such a feeling of accomplishment when things fit:bigsmile: !!! I actually had a few jackets that still had the tags on….should have tried them on sooner:embarassed: .

Barbie :smile: I hope you get nice weather and get to play in the yard soon:glasses: !

Michele :smile: I`ve not been to my acupuncturist is a long time, within 2 months she had the swelling down and it`s never come back! Did you have any damage from the storms yesterday?

Geri :smile: How nice to see you again! Hope all is well with you! How is that beautiful grandbaby:love: ?

Cityjane :smile: Yay for getting rid of that pound!!!! I think the WOW from your friend was a fabulous NSV (non scale victory). Have a wonderful time in Paris…and yes, I`m just a little jealous:embarassed: !

Amanda :smile: Hope you get your view back soon! Chronic and severe IBS:sick: , oh gosh, it sounds just terrible! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with the grand twins, it`s a good tired feeling after playing all day! You are absolutely correct Life is a miracle!

We had a terrible storm yesterday afternoon, I lost a beautiful pear tree, and half of another one:cry: , both fell across my driveway. I`m blessed that my brother lives across the street and got them out of my driveway for me! Noel wasn`t sure what to think of the trees in the driveway:huh: , she sniffed them and then barked at them:laugh: . They are very delicate trees, I started out with 40 of them 16 years ago and was down to 37, now its 36, they really are beautiful though.

It`s 7am already, time to get this beautiful day started!!

Have a great Saturday ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in sunny but a bit chilly NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,794 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    im up and dressed and it is raining here but will be off to the gym in a few minutes,
    Yanni , if you want to find that radio station online- look for the office of radio and television-WJMJ i think that is how is worded on-line.
    Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend, if the rain stops soon, the tree guy should be coming. will check in later, and thank goodness they finally got that guy in Boston, can you imagine living in the neighborhood with all that going on?
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Just have a minute but wanted to pop on and let everyone I'm thinking of my great friends here!:smile:

Only .5 lb down this am but I'll take it! Measurements were .5 inch down most places and 1 in down on calf (last measurements were just about a month ago). I need to get some good stretching in today because my calf is super sore and tight. My shoulder is not doing any better just trying to put off the inevitable doctor appt. as long as possible because I know we'll be revisiting the subject of surgery. It's not that I don't know what to expect with the surgery because I had the exact same surgery on my other shoulder about 3 years ago but not sure the timing is good for the 8 weeks down time. In between jobs at the moment and would rather get something soon to bring in money not lay out money for countless doctor and hospital bills!:grumble:

Busy weekend as usual, going to donate quite a few clothes that are too big for me anymore to church rummage sale and hopefully find a cheap pair of jeans that stay up. I didn't get the 2 closets cleaned yet but does the 2 purses I cleaned out yesterday count? :laugh:

Time to get this day started!

Hugs,

Kathy :heart:
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies one and all, hoping everyone has a terrific day! It is finally (for now) warm enough in the afternoons to get outside, which definitely makes me and my dog much happier. I do get bored on the stationary bike day after day, I much prefer getting out and walking the lake and gazing upon the gorgeous Rocky Mountains (Pikes Peak was actually pink a few moments ago, sunrise glowing off the snow-capped peak) - - beautiful way to start the day, feel blessed I can see it out my front window:happy:

YannieJannie – Great NSV with the “new” pants zipping up!

Barbie – Your exhaustion is definitely of the “earned” variety

Geri in England – Yay for sunshine!!! Hope you enjoy the Chobani (it’s my favorite)

CityJane – Awesome that the stubborn weight finally let go! As for making the rest of us jealous, speaking for myself “Mission Accomplished”! Hope you have a fun and memorable trip. And congrats for your self-directed workout, you are a shining example

Viv – Glad the hospital stuff is now done and over with. Your trip to the farm sounds lovely (made me long to play with baby animals)

Kathyszoo – Excellent progress! Sorry to hear your shoulder is still troubling you, I so understand about not wanting to spend time/money on medical issues when you’re unemployed. Good luck at the rummage sale finding pants that stay up (and yes, I think cleaning your purses out counts!)

Brooke from Colorado
    (who shares the quote below only because it made her laugh, not that it applies here)

“Deja poo – that feeling that you’ve heard this cr&p before.” :laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a safe, healthy, and happy weekend.:heart:

The ticker finally ticked down to zero today. YEAH.:love: (Nothing like self promotion right?)

Hugs.

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

Yay! Congratulations on a job well done! I hope you stay around and encourage the rest of us "losers.":devil: :love: :flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    I am so excited three days this week with three days at work, no chocolate candy/work candy bowls. A little proud of this change in pattern. We'll see, this coming week. My son says try some discipline mom. Ok, I can do it.
    I love my life, my loved ones and my little dog Cody, she's a Brittany and won a few ribbons. Like another child, well maybe not quite, but it's great to cuddle with her and DH at night.
    I ramble....
    Grandmallie - I want a grandbaby so much....may have to rent/borrow one. My son is going into the foreign services; so he is focused elsewhere.
    Yanniejannie....a quiet day is good!
    Barbiecat....Thinner This Year...thanks, I am going to pick that up; better yet, I can use my birthday iPad, still don't default to that, not comfortable with it yet.
    Geri...I guess you know the great advantages of Chobani; we live on the plain and put 4oz of fruit in it every morning...I love it.
    Looks like Boston is over. God is in charge.
    Cityjane....congrats on the milestone! Have a great time.
    Amanda...enjoy those precious moments with the grandtwins - that's so nice to think about; I love it!
    Have a great weekend all...so nice to have some unstructured hours/days. I love my life.

Marcia
    Northern VA
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I posted my new picture because I want to be able to change it soon. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: