Does anyone else hate facebook?

Options

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    People are just annoying =) I did post a pic of my lunch yesterday....DOH! But it was broccoli and asparagus with some Cholula hot sauce. Surely I annoyed some =)

lol..if you do it here and there...no big whoop. I had one friend who thinks people cared to see what he was eating EVERY DAY...i think i have half my friends hidden...i just don't care.

You are tough! Note to self.....do not accept friend request from YOU!
    :laugh: :noway: :flowerforyou:

I'm just cranky tonight and I don't know why...probably reading people's facebook updates. lol.

Funny ****. Step away from the FB statuses. I admit to ignoring a lot of my friends posts too. Wish I could delete a bunch of em' but I know drama would arise. Instead, ignore, skip, hide and talk **** about what they post.
  • LadyTigressDiane
    LadyTigressDiane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a choice, you don't have to read what people are posting ... and while it may be annoying some of things that they post ... if they weren't around you would miss that silly stuff

I guess the question is why do you let other people control your emotions?

It is like a lot of things in life ... some people can't do moderation ... for some it is an addiction ...
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a choice, you don't have to read what people are posting ... and while it may be annoying some of things that they post ... if they weren't around you would miss that silly stuff

I guess the question is why do you let other people control your emotions?

It is like a lot of things in life ... some people can't do moderation ... for some it is an addiction ...

you're toadally right. My one friend's wife actually posted what she was up to almost every couple hours...it was enraging. I blocked her from my wall...yet we'd manually go to her page just to see what stupid chit she was posting..just to get annoyed again..lol. I don't know why we do that.
  • vice350z
    Options
    People are just annoying =) I did post a pic of my lunch yesterday....DOH! But it was broccoli and asparagus with some Cholula hot sauce. Surely I annoyed some =)

lol..if you do it here and there...no big whoop. I had one friend who thinks people cared to see what he was eating EVERY DAY...i think i have half my friends hidden...i just don't care.

You are tough! Note to self.....do not accept friend request from YOU!
    :laugh: :noway: :flowerforyou:

I'm just cranky tonight and I don't know why...probably reading people's facebook updates. lol.

Funny ****. Step away from the FB statuses. I admit to ignoring a lot of my friends posts too. Wish I could delete a bunch of em' but I know drama would arise. Instead, ignore, skip, hide and talk **** about what they post.

haha, every once in a while I'll think about doing some friend pruning...but when i go to my friend list I ended up pruning no one because I don't want to offend them.
  • dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like people don't know how to use many of the existing FB settings.

Things like "See All/Most/Only Important Updates," creating specific groups, adjusting "What Types of Updates?: Life Events/Status Updates/Photos/Games/etc," "Show In Newsfeed," and "Unfriend" tend to de-clutter the newsfeed fairly quickly.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i've never made an account. obviously, with 1k posts in 4 months, i'm a huge time waster,
    so that was the main reason i didn't join
    but also i have very little desire to see most of my family
    and people that i knew in high school.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean but I have found that people who hate facebook tend to hate people in general.

I love fb but I will admit to getting annoyed or offended by people's posts - I choose not to delete people (I think it's mean) but I unclick the 'show in newsfeed' instead if I decide I can't take it.

In the past I have made mass deletions when I've been angry at the world - reducing at least 1/3 of my friends list each time.

But I now see how I was acting out and being immature by doing that. Now I'm just super careful who I add.

For the record, I like to see pics of food - especially if my friends have made the food themselves, I am happy to see any and all check ins too - anything beats no updates at all.

I also like people in general. I think that has a lot to do with my positive attitude to facebook.
  • Bentleymama86
    Bentleymama86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eh, it has it's ups and downs.
  • vice350z
    Options
    Not to be mean but I have found that people who hate facebook tend to hate people in general.

I love fb but I will admit to getting annoyed or offended by people's posts - I choose not to delete people (I think it's mean) but I unclick the 'show in newsfeed' instead if I decide I can't take it.

In the past I have made mass deletions when I've been angry at the world - reducing at least 1/3 of my friends list each time.

But I now see how I was acting out and being immature by doing that. Now I'm just super careful who I add.

For the record, I like to see pics of food - especially if my friends have made the food themselves, I am happy to see any and all check ins too - anything beats no updates at all.

I also like people in general. I think that has a lot to do with my positive attitude to facebook.

not so much that I hate people...i just hate reading posts from people that think everything they say/do must be posted on facebook for everyone to know. It's the fact that something happens in real life and the first reaction from that person is "OMG, I GOTTA POST HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS ON FACEBOOK...EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT I FEEL!!!"...but then again, what the fuk should I care for?
  • vice350z
    Options
    Eh, it has it's ups and downs.

this. It's great to know when a certain product is updated or a fav comedian is coming to town or a new video is posted from Battlefield Friends :)
  • dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maybe YOU don't care, but maybe I want to communicate with my grandmother, aunt, parents, and friends who are 300 miles away at the same time. Maybe I want to know my friends' thoughts without sending a mass email.

Not every status update or picture is posted solely with YOUR opinion in mind.
  • MooMooooo
    Options

not so much that I hate people...i just hate reading posts from people that think everything they say/do must be posted on facebook for everyone to know. It's the fact that something happens in real life and the first reaction from that person is "OMG, I GOTTA POST HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS ON FACEBOOK...EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT I FEEL!!!"...but then again, what the fuk should I care for?

I understand what you're saying - but this is what facebook is - the minutiae of life.

Sorry for the armchair diagnosis in advance. You actually sound kind of depressed.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    MFP is my facebook.
  • vice350z
    Options
    Maybe YOU don't care, but maybe I want to communicate with my grandmother, aunt, parents, and friends who are 300 miles away at the same time. Maybe I want to know my friends' thoughts without sending a mass email.

Not every status update or picture is posted solely with YOUR opinion in mind.

true true...like i said, maybe i'm just a miserable person. I think listening to Howard Stern and Opie & Anthony has warped my mind a bit...they complain about the same kinda stuff and it has rubbed off on me.
  • vice350z
    Options

I understand what you're saying - but this is what facebook is - the minutiae of life.

You actually sound kind of depressed.

more cranky/angry tonight. It all started on my commute home when the people on the radio show i listen to were eating grilled cheese sandwiches into the mics...the mouth sounds enraged me..then the livery cab that almost hit me...then the traffic...then the heavy downpour...it was just a crappy night for me tonight.
  • vice350z
    Options
    And, why the fvck do people take pictures of their drinks when they are out at a bar. I know what drinks look like you dumbass. I'd rather you say, " hey, I'm at the blah bar, come down and join me if you're not doing anything". I mean, that a legit update. But, a pic of your Cadillac margarita is stupid.

haha...see, i'm not the only miserable fuker out there!! :hifive:
  • MooMooooo
    Options
    And, why the fvck do people take pictures of their drinks when they are out at a bar. I know what drinks look like you dumbass. I'd rather you say, " hey, I'm at the blah bar, come down and join me if you're not doing anything". I mean, that's a legit update. But, a pic of your Cadillac margarita is stupid.

I lol'd, this is funny.
    more cranky/angry tonight. It all started on my commute home when the people on the radio show i listen to were eating grilled cheese sandwiches into the mics...the mouth sounds enraged me..then the livery cab that almost hit me...then the traffic...then the heavy downpour...it was just a crappy night for me tonight.

Yeah, I've had days like this too. When I'm just pissed off with the world and start hating everyone and everything annoys me.

But I usually post about my crap day on fb and get drunk after. :P