What is/was good about being a big/curvy person?

Options

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    Options
    I've always had huge boobs, so I can't use that as a benefit. :P

I can totally play the "I'm fat and therefore weak" card (which is total BS) when I don't feel like doing things.

I get to shock the hell out of people when I can do more than they expect.

No one picks fights with a fat girl.

People trust me to make their food decisions, because clearly I like food.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Boobs and big butt.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Being tall-ish and fat made me feel safer when it came to traveling by myself in foreign countries and different cultures. I surely wasn't as much of a target of unwanted male attention/sexual harassment, as I didn't get into any of the troubling situations that some of the more petite women I met on my travels had experienced.

That's a pretty ****ed up thing to 'like' about being overweight, jesus :indifferent:

I agree though. I felt safer when I blended into the background more. Maybe I'm just not used to the extra attention yet, but it kind of weirds me out.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4 about 235 and one thing is people normally don't mess and people feel safe around me but I always let people know if someone pulls out a weapon they're on their own though
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1.The boobs were bigger
    2. I ate everything I wanted any time I wanted as much as I wanted and I never ever thought about anything more than how good it tasted
    3. I was warmer
    4. Seats were not as hard
    5. I had a fantastic wardrobe that took me years to acquire
    6. Rings didn't roll around on my fingers
    7. My boys loved the way I cooked (deepfried everything that wouldn't fight back)

Still the list for being thin is much longer and worth the loss of everyone of these.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head for me. At my largest, I was 38DD and am now 32D -- proportion fits just fine, so, boob-lose isn't too much of a complaint, but #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are right on. (I never did deep-fry anything before)

That being said, ditto, too, on my list for being thin being worth the loss of each of these curvy-less items., but that wasn't really the point of the OP's curiosity, was it?
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My calves were always muscular, but back then they used to be in proportion to my waist according to most clothing manufacturers. Now, in order to buy "straight-cut" or "skinny-cut" pants/jeans/capri, I have to buy at least a size 10 to fit my calves and have the pants altered to fit my size 6 waist or IF there is a "boot-cut" version available, buy it in size 6 and have the below-knee portion taken in. I've found that not all pants & shorts look as good taken in as originally designed.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    Big does not equate to being curvy. Being curvy is the hourglass shape which you can have at any size whether thin, average, overweight, etc. So quit using curvy as a replacement for the word big if you are not technically curvy.

good luck with that.
    about 70% of women classify themselves as "hourglasses" when in truth only about 8% actually are.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    don't think I ever was "big", curvy, chubby, chunky, fat even, but not "big" as I'm 5'3"
    I've always been cold, at any weight.

so I guess I have to say boobs like everyone else, but so far, even when thin, I've never been smaller than a GG yet.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I could sit at my desk for hours without my butt getting sore- all that cushioning! Now if I sit too long, the darn thing feels like it's going to go numb.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Fat people are harder to kidnap. :happy:

Yes, but it's also harder for us to run from the police. :) That probably kept me in line during college. LOL
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Well, it's easier being fat. Not as much work.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The only thing good about being fat was that it was easier to hide like people would look over you , past you, not really pay any attention to you at all, with the weight loss people notice you.

Don't get me wrong being noticed is good but there are times when you just want to be invisible.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've actually developed the right kind of curves with my weight loss, my boobs are still there not as big but big enough, I have a nice butt but that is the squats, I owe it to them lol.

Now for your question, the only thing I can think of that was good about being obese was, I didn't get cold as much as I do now. I can't warm up unless I run or workout.
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    big =/= curvy
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Mindless eating- eating whatever whenenver and however much I wanted :)
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Never being mistaken for a male.

Hourglass, and feminine form, for the win!

=^x^=
  • taeken805
    Options
    I really just enjoy having curves because I think a curvy figure is beautiful. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I really hope I don't lose my curvy physique. My bust line and hips are the same measurement, and my waist is almost 10 inches smaller. I like that :)
  • robotshorts
    Options
    A lot of girls are saying that theyre boobs got smaller, but when i lost some weight my boobs got bigger- or i just measured wrong but originally i was a 36D, now a 36DD !! I'm cool with that, but being bigger i wouldn't say less fights for me, maybe because I am a female but I actually got into a lot of them, but on the plus side I always won them :wink:

My boobs feel huge as I get smaller! Weird.
  • taeken805
    Options
  • ambertx90
    Options
    Not getting cold as easily!! My hands hands and feet are always cold indoors and I can't tolerate temperatures below 70 without a coat D: This is one of the main reasons I'm moving out of Michigan and to a warmer state this year lol