A Success story from someone who eats 1200 calories

Options

Replies

• angela1649
    angela1649 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 right now. It's worked before, but I didn't stick with it (my biggest problem). Congrats on your hard work!
  • angela1649
    angela1649 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    And we wonder why people deactivate their accounts? Hopefully the OP is still around with a different name.
  • katjo0812
    Options
    Way to go....keep up your good work. Keep us posted I started with 1420 mpg calculated. I dropped to 1250 today I was not looking. So will see how this goes.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    FTR, I eat over 3000 cals. Just sayin'. There's more than one way to skin a cat. And one of us will still look like this in two years. Can you guess which one?

I'm guess that you will still look the same in 2 years. I base that only on the fact that you've lost 0 of your 32lb weight loss goal and Fightininggirl has lost 71 lbs so far and losing more and more every week. Definitely feel she will look much different in 2 years. Contrats to you fightininggirl, you are an inspiration.

THIS

Also those on 1200 cals are looking to lose weight not to build muscle..... which is an entirely different concept and requires an entirely different plan!! Try eating 3000cals per day and not working out and lifting weights for hours.... much different result me thinks!!
    Yeah, tell us how many you burn while eating 3000 cals per day. :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Just FYI
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Just FYI

Probably broke her account from eating too few calories.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Just FYI

she ate her computer.
  • katjo0812
    Options
    I was at the same cal per mpg, changing today to 1300. Will see if that helps. Still not choosing all the right foods.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Just FYI

she ate her computer.

LOL
  • katjo0812
    Options
    Just noticed...does having a picture of the hamburger not make you crave one? Self sabotage?
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Just FYI

she ate her computer.

LOL

hahahhahaha that is cruel but i laughed
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. Just FYI

she ate her computer.

LOL

hahahhahaha that is cruel but i laughed

She changed her account. Not the same.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Looking to share food logs with other petite ladies. I'm 5'2 trying to manage a 1200 calorie goal. Currently think its not enough cal. Trying to keep under 1600 and workout everyday. Also started blogging healthy recipe ideas at www.petitehealth.com:smooched:
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, it's a huge accomplishment no matter how you did it.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have been eating calories based on 1200 since 01/15/13 and I have have lost 39 lbs.. I think it works for some people, and some it doesn't. You have to find out what works for the individual.....
  • mellyroo31
    Options
    That is awesome. I average about 1200 a day as well and I am down 15lbs. You can eat a lot with few calories. Like yesterday for lunch I had half a zucchini topped with 4 slices of tomato and parm cheese for a total of 49 calories, then I ate a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese with 4 more slices of tomatoes, and a 80 cal yogurt. My total lunch was under 200 calories but I ate a lot. Keep doing what works for you. If you are hungry eat more HEALTHY stuff. Its when we eat junk that it hurts us.
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP at the end of February and was given a 1200 calorie allowance daily (I'm 54 and 5'3) I was at my all time highest weight ever due to inability to exercise due to back problems.I've lost 18lbs Sao far with very few problems sticking to my allowance.Make smart choices and all will be well.My favourite meal is chicken with veggies with gravy,my favourite meal before MFP was anything wrapped in pastry,anything fried all washed down with a nice glass of white wine.I still have the odd glass of wine and on occasion some quiche or pie but all things in moderation.My back pain has improved a bit with my weight loss and I feel so much better.
  • ticklepocket
    ticklepocket Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds in 100 days by eating approximately 1200 calories per day and doing light exercise.

I experienced a plateau about a month ago and tried to get out of it by following the "eat more weigh less" advice... BIG MISTAKE! I actually started gaining slightly.

I am back on 1200 calories and losing steadily again.

Calorie restriction is no picnic but the results are worth it, and to me the greatest benefit has been that it forces me to be very mindful of every bite of food that I eat. Over the past 100 days I have learned not just to eat less but also to really savor and enjoy the food that I eat.

From what I have learned it seems that these habits of discipline and mindfulness are the keys to maintaining weight loss. Over the long term it seems to me more about how you eat rather than exactly what you eat. So I feel confident that when I reach my weight goal I will be able to transition to maintenance by using the skills I am learning now.

Also, it's hard to explain but I feel that the discipline of calorie restriction and logging of what I eat has changed me in ways that have nothing to do with weight loss. I feel that the mindfulness and accountability have carried over into other areas of my life. I am very grateful to MFP for getting me started in this direction.
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200-1300 and lost 68lbs. I then hit a plateau so I decided to go into maintenance for a while. I've been eating 1400-1600 for the last 5 months. I fluctuated up and down the same 2-3 lbs while doing this. I'm so pleased my weight is stable for the first time in my life. This week I've gone back to 1200 to try and start losing again. I'm hoping my weigh in next week will be the start of the downward slope again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!