Level Obstacles: Lose Weight, Target Fat! (EASY!!)

Options

Replies

• divaonadiet
    divaonadiet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lovin' all the awesomeness!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BDM20134US
    Options
    Thank you. Just what I really needed to read!
  • laura6009
    laura6009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you x
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Holy succinct batman! Why did it take me so long to find this?
  • DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Options
    Wow. I've just recently learned the concept of TDEE-20% from "in place of a road map" on here. And I loved receiving that information! The difference for me here was how beautifully and simply you wrote it! Nice and concise! Perfect for the type of learning brain I have. And it helped to quell some of the insecurities I've been having over really jumping in with giving this method a go. Thank you for writing this. So gorgeous and well-done. I appreciate you.
  • Junechickie3
    Junechickie3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Dude! This is awesome! Exactly what I've been looking for. Everyone makes this so confusing and my head has been spinning with all the other ways of doing this. This makes total sense and it's so dang simple (pardon my language).

Thanks for putting this up here!
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have eaten 500 calories below my TDE and that maintains my weight.

800 calories a day keeps me full because I eat high volume, low calorie foods. It seems silly to eat more food and stuff myself when I'm not hungry.

I'm still sold on the 1200 calorie diet because I have tried this and it doesn't work for me.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

800 calories a day keeps me full because I eat high volume, low calorie foods. It seems silly to eat more food and stuff myself when I'm not hungry.

I'm still sold on the 1200 calorie diet because I have tried this and it doesn't work for me.

This is confusing. If you are eating under your TDEE, you will lose weight - it's a simple reality of physics that you can't get more energy out of a system than you put in. In this case, you are either not calculating your intake or your output correctly.

You mention a 1200 calorie-per-day diet, and then you mention that 800 calories per day keeps you full... unless your calorie counts are wildly inaccurate, you are probably doing severe damage to your body and should stop immediately.

ETA: Out of curiousity I ran some numbers. A TDEE of 800 (what you say you're consuming daily to maintain your weight) is less than an 80 year old, three-foot, six-inch tall, 70 pound woman would need to sustain a sedentary lifestyle.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

This is confusing. If you are eating under your TDEE, you will lose weight - it's a simple reality of physics that you can't get more energy out of a system than you put in. In this case, you are either not calculating your intake or your output correctly.

You mention a 1200 calorie-per-day diet, and then you mention that 800 calories per day keeps you full... unless your calorie counts are wildly inaccurate, you are probably doing severe damage to your body and should stop immediately.

ETA: Out of curiousity I ran some numbers. A TDEE of 800 (what you say you're consuming daily to maintain your weight) is less than an 80 year old, three-foot, six-inch tall, 70 pound woman would need to sustain a sedentary lifestyle.

I should have been more clear. My TDEE is 1800. Consuming 1300 calories has made me maintain weight. Technically I am supposed to have 1200 calories a day right now but lately I have been eating 800 because I haven't been hungry for more. If my stomach doesn't growl, I'm not eating.

I meant I have eaten 1300 in the past, 500 below my TDEE, and it has not worked.
  • bettyzing
    bettyzing Posts: 48
    Options
    :smile:
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Its nice to have this information in one spot. :happy:
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Bumping for awesome
  • Curved_Chica
    Options
    You're awesome! Thank you:)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I should have been more clear. My TDEE is 1800. Consuming 1300 calories has made me maintain weight. Technically I am supposed to have 1200 calories a day right now but lately I have been eating 800 because I haven't been hungry for more. If my stomach doesn't growl, I'm not eating.

I meant I have eaten 1300 in the past, 500 below my TDEE, and it has not worked.

I'm afraid that one of us doesn't understand what the terms "TDEE" and "maintain" mean.

ETA: But I'll readily admit that it may very well be me who is misunderstanding.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about BMR though- in many cases - including mine, TDEE - 20% is lower than my BMR, and you should always try to stay at least at BMR, no lower. As a result, I have to reduce my deficit to TDEE - 15 %.

How do you know what your BMR is? From an online calculator that is subject to inaccuracies and is not specific to the individual. Unless you are totally sedentary, taking 20% from your actual TDEE is highly unlikely to result in you actually eating below *your* BMR. TDEE less 20% is effectively self governing for anyone that is even vaguely active.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You joined this month. How have you tracked your intake before?

If you actually maintain at 1,300 calories, I would see a doctor as you have some metabolic issue going on. Or you could just not be accurately tracking your food.