For the love of god women EAT!!!

Options

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not that extreme. But I do admit that since I've been more aware of what I eat I find it hard to eat the same amount as the average person. Maybe I can eat every 3 hours, but more than 400 cals in one sitting and I'm cursing the day I was born and feeling awful because I'm in physical pain.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Forgoodness sake, if I hear one more person say they cannot eat above 1200 cals I may scream.

My GF is the same. Logging with a different sight and claims she "cannot" get above 1200 calories... well you didn't have that problem before!!!

Just eat. Why is it so hard? Genuine question. I have no problems getting to 1600 calories in oneday, nay I could do it in one sitting if I let myself.

grumble grumble grumble... and Happy face :)

I'm equally tired of people thinking that whatever works for them will work for everyone. Your diet will not work for everyone. Just be happy that it works for you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    But what if I'm Hindu?
  • MrsSChall
    Options
    im generally eating between 1100 and 1200 per day, sometimes I find it difficult to eat them all, but when that happens i save them for another day and have wine or treat food so therefore go over my 1200.

I also agree that i could VERY easily if i wanted to eat 1200 and MORE in one sitting and that unfortunately is why im here now losing weight.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This thread is such a special snowflake. :wink:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I eat like a man, like 1600-2100 a day

Since when was eating 2000 calories a 'man' thing?

This dude must be a very manly midget.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Forgoodness sake, if I hear one more person say they cannot eat above 1200 cals I may scream.

My GF is the same. Logging with a different sight and claims she "cannot" get above 1200 calories... well you didn't have that problem before!!!

Just eat. Why is it so hard? Genuine question. I have no problems getting to 1600 calories in oneday, nay I could do it in one sitting if I let myself.

i dont go above 1200 =D *covers ears and waits for the scream* before i didnt have a problem no because i ate crap .. burgers chips ect now all my food if not most of it is vegan .. veg fruits beans lentils ect and they dont have as many calories and fill me up alot faster x

Do you work out?

unless physio counts then no ... i did go for a walk today with my son threw the forest very slow walk as hes only 2 lol but i logged it and will eat extra today saying that if im hungry i do go over my calories but im usually not my hubby whos 9 stone eats all the time we logged it one day and it came to 4000 cals hes been eating vegan ect and says he cant eat as much now as hes soo full

Lol physio counts. I guess if your eating your excersize cals... you don't sound like an idiot to be honest so I doubt you would intentionally starve yourself :P
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love food. I have a hard time staying under 2000 calories a day if I'm not careful. I tried the 1200 calorie thing for a couple days and found myself in the fridge at 11 pm eating everything that rhymed with cheese.

you binged on peas?

that's weird.

Stumped. Fleas? Peas? Teas? Bees? Dainties? :huh:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Just as annoying as all the 5'2 and under threads and no one feels they are able to eat more than 1200 just bc they are short.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

v6r8yt.jpg

I am kind.

I think there is a difference between what I am talking about and someone with anorexia which this post is NOT aimed at.

Apologies to anyone with anorexia.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Just as annoying as all the 5'2 and under threads and no one feels they are able to eat more than 1200 just bc they are short.

How the hell did you get ripped like that!?!

Bet you eat more than 1200 calories lol :drinker:
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be insensitive here.... Just trying to understand.
    The people who eat 1200 a day do so because this site tells them to eat 1200 a day. What am I missing here? Why would MFP provide that kind of number if it is so ridiculous? So the system is broken?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

Maybe those women aren't planning to train the way that you do. Just a thought.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

i dont go above 1200 =D *covers ears and waits for the scream* before i didnt have a problem no because i ate crap .. burgers chips ect now all my food if not most of it is vegan .. veg fruits beans lentils ect and they dont have as many calories and fill me up alot faster x

Do you work out?

unless physio counts then no ... i did go for a walk today with my son threw the forest very slow walk as hes only 2 lol but i logged it and will eat extra today saying that if im hungry i do go over my calories but im usually not my hubby whos 9 stone eats all the time we logged it one day and it came to 4000 cals hes been eating vegan ect and says he cant eat as much now as hes soo full

Lol physio counts. I guess if your eating your excersize cals... you don't sound like an idiot to be honest so I doubt you would intentionally starve yourself :P

i try not to be lol i also drink alot of water and even at 1200 cals i stayed at 14 stone for a while then started dropping again i also have a day of each month hehe =D
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Not trying to be insensitive here.... Just trying to understand.
    The people who eat 1200 a day do so because this site tells them to eat 1200 a day. What am I missing here? Why would MFP provide that kind of number if it is so ridiculous? So the system is broken?

No when you first sign up its (for females don't know about males) automatically puts your calories at 1200. I thin she means that she just though that was correct for her until she saw on the posts that she wasn't eating enough TDEE etc etc
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I used the default 1200 cals/day. I got a perverse sense of accomplishment and superiority in limiting my breakfast to an english muffin and 2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese (190 cals); Lunch was a salad with tuna (380 cals) and dinner was chicken or fish with steamed veggies and more salad (500-600 cals) with a snack of a piece of fruit to bring me to 1200 cals/day.

Then I read IPOARM. And upped my cals to 1800/day (TDEE-25%). Now breakfast is 1 cup of cottage cheese (full fat), 1/2 cup fruit, 1/4 almonds and coffee with real sugar and whole milk (520 cals). If I have a 600 calorie lunch, I don't panic. Dinner is anything from pot roast with carrots & potatoes to chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes or an occasional pizza or hamburger. Food is good and I enjoy eating. And with at least 1hr of exercise daily (and don't eat back my cals) I'm losing at least 1 lb/wk.
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am this girl. But I have come to find out that if I eat closer to 1500 I have an easier time losing weight. It is not hard to go over 1200 for me that is with eating healthy foods ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No when you first sign up its (for females don't know about males) automatically puts your calories at 1200. I thin she means that she just though that was correct for her until she saw on the posts that she wasn't eating enough TDEE etc etc

Not true! It generally gives you 1200 if you set your loss to 2lbs, or if you don't have a significant amount to lose and set yourself to sedentary.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

Not true! It generally gives you 1200 if you set your loss to 2lbs, or if you don't have a significant amount to lose and set yourself to sedentary.

Ah I stand corrected - thanks :)
  • Kholz90
    Kholz90 Posts: 6
    Options
    Haha i agree with that.
    I just started dieting about a month and a half ago, and i can get over 1200, but sometimes i just choose not to.
    It does have a lot to do with dumping out all the bad foods that makes it hard for some people to get over 1200, but it's very easy to do even with just healthy foods.
    I totally agree with you though. You got fat somehow, and it wasn't from being unable to eat over 1200 calories.