Protein shake~quick survey?

Options

Replies

• srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    To the person who said "eat real food instead" or whatever.. Not all of us have time for that :)
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    1scoop vanilla whey, 1 scoop powdered Gatorade (lime) ice, splash of pineapple juice and blend! Tastes like lime kiwi pie. Sometimes I mix a scoop of the orange Gatorade with a splash of OJ. Tastes like a creamcycle! Yummmmmm...
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use one scoop generally with water. If i'm making it into more of a meal, I use soy/almond milk, i might add fruit or oatmeal. I got some ground flaxseed to start adding to it as well.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I like mine made into cheesecake! I found the recipe on livestrong.com and altered it a little, but basically I add 25g of my protein powder to 1/4C cream cheese, 2t sugar, 1t milk. Refrigerate. Eat. It actually is more like pudding when it's finished but it tastes like cheesecake.

I also have made a shake out of it using skim milk, which was really good.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I take one scoop vanilla whey protein powder in a glass of unsweetened almond milk in the morning with my Greek yogurt. I never manage to hit my protein goals, no matter what I do.
  • ASOU
    ASOU Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One scoop with Juice or water (Flavor-less Soy Protein).
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1-2 scoops plain protein powder
    Flaxseed powder
    Splash of OJ
    Frozen berry mixture
    1/2 banana
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate one that actually tastes good in just water. It's quick and easy to mix up in my car after I leave the gym. It also holds me over until I can finish making dinner.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I mix some hershey's bitter cocoa with warm water, then put in my protein shake, which is 1/2 scoop with water.
    Thanks to the people who responded to the person who said "eat real food". This is a survey like the OP said, not "help me, tell me what to do".
  • relo78
    relo78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate)
    1 c greek yogurt (Fage 0% or Costco's Kirkland brand)
    1 T PB2 chocolate

just blend together with a spoon, add (optional) 1 sliced banana afterwards.

It's my breakfast most days.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate one that actually tastes good in just water. It's quick and easy to mix up in my car after I leave the gym. It also holds me over until I can finish making dinner.

What brand is it? I've been looking for a chocolate one, but the thing is that I don't like many chocolate shakes. I'm actually looking for one that tastes like chocolate milk, if anybody has any suggestions.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    How about eat real food instead?

I have a digestive disorder and food allergies that sometimes make it hard to eat all my calories and protein. I'm physically active, so to keep my weight up and get all my protein I need a little help. I can't have dairy, gluten, beef, pork or eggs. I can only have limited amounts of beans. I can't have casein (milk protein) so all those popular whey shakes are out. They have too many additives anyway.

I use a vegan blend of pea, hemp, and cranberry proteins with no sweeteners, preservatives, flavorings, etc., just the three protein ingredients. Super easy to digest. It's got a complete amino acid profile and it tastes pretty good blended with almond milk and frozen fruit. Love my daily protein shake. I also eat all kinds of vegetables and fruits, a variety of nuts, gluten-free grains and seeds, as well as birds and fish, but the protein powder really helps.

(I do think a lot of the commercial shakes out there are over-rated and loaded with lots of unnecessary crap. It's better to get your nutrients from whole food sources when you can, but that's not always possible. :flowerforyou: )
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people here mixing whey protein powder with almond or soy milk. Just wondering why that is? I figure since the whey protein is basically just milk protein, why not mix it with skim milk or even water? It's clear you're not avoiding dairy products since you're using whey. Is it because of the higher calcium content in soy/almond milk? It is the lower sugar content in unsweetened versions?

P.S. I use almond milk, but my protein doesn't have whey because I can't have milk protein. That's why I'm curious.
  • rodow
    rodow Posts: 26
    Options
    Bump
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sorry I do have some here too but it just seems so fake when you can eat real food instead. Anyway yes each to their own but I still think going more natural is better if you can manage it.

More natural? My protein powder is raw organic sprouted protein and helps with digestion with enzymes and probiotics. Can you say the same for your breakfast? The superfood powder that I add into that shake is also raw, supports immune system health, give you natural energy, aids for healthy blood sugar levels, has COUNTLESS vitamins and also helps with digestion. I get my fruit serving with the cherries and the calcium with the almond milk. I do my research before purchasing products and I eat clean. I also find myself losing more weight with the shakes! I swear by these SHAKES for a complete breakfast! I get my proteins AND complex carbs. Do your research, there are more to shakes than you are assuming!
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    2 scoops of Protein Factory CFM Whey
    2 cups of unsweated Almond milk
    1 medium banana 126 grams
    .5 cup oatmeal
    .5 cup Organic Baby Spinach
    Frozen Strawberries 140 grams (optional)
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people here mixing whey protein powder with almond or soy milk. Just wondering why that is? I figure since the whey protein is basically just milk protein, why not mix it with skim milk or even water? It's clear you're not avoiding dairy products since you're using whey. Is it because of the higher calcium content in soy/almond milk? It is the lower sugar content in unsweetened versions?

P.S. I use almond milk, but my protein doesn't have whey because I can't have milk protein. That's why I'm curious.
    Milk has a lot of sugar imho compared to unsweetened Almond Milk. The switch to almond milk from fat free milk allowed my to cut 240 calories daily from my diet. 1 cup of skim milk has 90 calories and 12 grams of sugar. 1 cup of almond mil has 30 calories and 0 grams of sugar.
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1 Scoop and mix with water, ive never had it any other way :/
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waste of time an d calories an d wont help u lose weight or be full
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    How about eat real food instead?