I Lost A Person, But I Found Myself: Leaky's Story

Options

Replies

• jodymammahenhinesroyals
    Options
    YOU ARE AN AHHHHMAZING INSPIRATION!!! Thank you for your success story! I have been obese my whole life and have been up and down the scales starting the yo-yo'ing at 6 years old. At 13, I lost 80 pounds but never reached goal, still lacking 25 pounds; at 25, I lost 217 pounds but still lacking 75 pounds of that almighty 160, that stupid number I have been trying to reach that would make me "beautiful." But, every time I lost, I never got "strong." I am now 46 years old with the most wonderful athletic 15 yr old son who, as his best friend, wants me to do sports with him. I am 220 pounds from that horrible 160 number, but I am determined to get there this time. My son works out with weights and running every night and my desire is to do all of this with him. My journey is beginning AGAIN today, but this time I am going to make it! Thank you so much for your story!!! I would like to be friends, I would love to have such inspiration in my life to cheer me on to that finish line!!! Keep getting strong and, whether you know it or not, you are being strong for us who want to be you one day!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Lea, I'm so glad that you chose to share this.

It is a tremendous accomplishment and I think it really represents just how strong of a person you are.

I am so proud to know you.

:flowerforyou:
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bravo!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing success story Lea.

SO very proud of you.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That is awesome
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Thanks Leaky... Thanks for telling your story. And a great one at that. Its hard to believe your the same person from the lady who had given birth in the before picture. I liked the part about the stall and gain. And its nice to know theres the explanation for it. And just goes to show, how important the kick-*kitten* workouts are, when it comes to getting to our goals. And just goes to show that we don't need to be sooooo low on the intake to lose it, and shrink it. I was wondering about your story. Now I have it. Thats how you got soooo barney bad-*kitten* looking!

Wonderful "JOURNEY" :smile:
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Omg... Ive never read a story I would just look at the pic and comment on how awesome someone looks, I loved your story and you do look AMAZING!!!! i LOVE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT YOUR HUBBY AND BEING ABLE TO FINALLY SEE WHAT HE SEES, THAT IS SO SWEET! And you are right, there is no after! Your story isnt over girl! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL BEFORE AND BEYOND!
  • jennylee133
    jennylee133 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Incredibly inspiring story...thanks so much for sharing it!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was really moved by your post, Lea. When I got to the part about seeing youself thru your husband's eyes, I actually cried and I'm not afraid to admit it! I think you have come such a long way and have so much to show for it...DavPaul hit the nail on the head when he said you were the most inspirational Mommy on MFP! I'm so glad to be your friend and I'm so proud of all you've accomplished...you make me realize that I will be strong and leaner someday soon if I keep up with lifting. And then maybe I'll post my own success story!

:drinker: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am... beyond words.

Thank you.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm super allergic to your success story. My eyes b leakin.

ps - you are astoundingly awesome.
  • mjhelton
    mjhelton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! you are a fabulous inspiration.
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I start my heavy lifting on April 28. I will think of you when I step under that bar!
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic success story! What an inspiration!

And the confidence you've gained in yourself, and YES, your words about being able to finally see yourself the way your husband sees you — WOW! That is just so beautiful.

The love the two of you must share will be the greatest gift you ever give your kids. Believe me!

*** BTW - SIDE NOTE REGARDING STRETCH MARKS — whether from babies, on thighs, wherever — I've heard quite a bit of anecdotal evidence that using coconut oil on the skin helps to heal and rejuvenate the skin, dissolving the marks, or at least making them less visible. I can't even see the marks on the OP, but if anyone does have them, I thought I'd pass this along. I don't have stretch marks on my abdomen from having my son, though I do have some on my hips — but that's just from being overweight. Haven't tried the coconut oil yet on them because I'm just starting on the weight loss journey, but I can attest to the fact that coconut oil has caused several burn scars on my arms to go away since I've been using it as a moisturizer. ***
  • Velecia42
    Options
    you are inspiration to all .....keep up the good work ......
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What an awesome success story!! I actually shred a few tears at the end. You are my hero! Thanks for sharing your story. :o)
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Solid work and solid results. Very well done.

Oh, and here's the best version of "Don't Stop Believing" ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvSqiZINrTo

mqdefault.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!