Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• fitnessqueentobe
    Options
    Hi I'm 49 and am looking for a group that has some good motivation, recipes and tips. Looking forward to meeting my goal.
    Blessings to everyone!
  • fitnessqueentobe
    Options
    So, today I was doing some searching on the different body types and thought I would share this to everyone that may have similar body types. I hope you will find this helpful to you like I did. I got this from Bodybuilding.com... I love this site, lots of good information.

What Is Your Body Type? Take Our Test!

By: Paul Becker

What Is Your Body Type?

Your score is 1.58

Endomorph: An Endomorph's biggest concern should be the losing of fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle to fat ratio and therefore improve metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace (very little rest between sets and exercises). You should lower your calorie intake (but not try to starve yourself) and should eat frequent but small meals. Sugars, sweets and junk food should be eliminated from your diet. Engage daily in some activity like brisk walking, biking, etc., and try to increase the amount of time you spend each week.

Mesomorph: Mesomorphs have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me just turned 40 this month :smile:
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    42 and counting, but started to take my life back in the fall and am dropping the pounds (14)! You can add me if you would like I am fairly new on here also, have only been using this for about a month. Would love some more friends for support.
  • mangins40
    mangins40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    please include me in this group im 41 and have found it so much harder to shift the pounds since turning 40
  • ChrisKay40
    Options
    45 and counting. Please include me in this group.
  • Gorman12
    Gorman12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'm re-dedicating myself to losing additional weight. I am 50 years old and ideally would like to lose another 25 lbs. It is a bit different, my body doesn't respond as easily.
  • kniknaack
    kniknaack Posts: 32
    Options
    I just turned 50 last November! You can add me if you like! :drinker:
  • Ericsmom1991
    Options
    I'm in I'll be 51 in Aug. Have over 100 pounds to loose!
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm 38 almost 39.
  • Liz71459
    Liz71459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 53 and struggling to just get started.
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me. My Dr. said my lack of losing weight was because of hormones. HA. Now I work harder. I don't lose as fast as I would when I was say 20 but I am losing the weight anyhow. Having a good support team helps me alot.
  • Liz71459
    Liz71459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to help inspire people. I lost 100 pounds in a year.

I'm already inspired!
  • rowl61
    rowl61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Debbie. im 52 and have joined today. I need to loose 14-21 LB ,I have tried other diets and lost interest this looks easy with the calories written down all in black and white for us to see at a glance. Wish me (and you) luck
  • imgr8stmom
    imgr8stmom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    count me in....44 here, and have lost 28 pounds since last May. Slow & steady!
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Definately interested. Im 48 and really trying to get AND stay healthy! Any tips and cupport would be appreciated!
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    Hello I am 52 and am definately interested. Everyone please feel free to add me. I am a runner, cyclist, love crossfit.
  • Going to be 46 on April 30th .. Started losing weight 1st of year in 2012 over did I guess and had a bad foot injury :( had to have surgery wasnt even allowed to stand on it for 3 months depressed me so much to not exercise at all... Just now getting back into my diet this week and slow to start on walking and exercising would love to have friends added for encouragement would love to encourage others. Feel free to add me I'm married with 3 kids 2 grand daughters from Oklahoma!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i added you. i'm a 48 year old female
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be apart of this group. I am 46, I have lost my weight and am a runner, but fighting chronic pain and arthritis.