Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• TT64
    TT64 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looks like you have gotten a fantastic response! Please count me in, I'm 49 and on this new journey! I hear hormones are really problematic at this age, and I'd love to talk to others in the same postion! Please feel free to add me!
  • Thank-You not sure if it is auto or how to do only have 1 other friend not sure how we added each other been so long ago lol
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    im in, been yo yo dieting for way to long, i need to get off the ride and take control. I pray that i can keep it going, i am in need to good motivation and friends who are going through the same thing...Im 51 years old, this is my year!!!
  • beacrys
    beacrys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    54 and I'd love to be part of the group.
  • kelingj
    kelingj Posts: 8
    Options
    48 here, Wanting to "give it a go"
  • I need to log out now but if anyone would like to add me as friends to please feel free to add me :)
  • pinksands143
    Options
    yes count me in guys!! add me to please. Im having a hard time getting started because i feel I have a lot to lose and sometimes feel at my age it's hopeless :(
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    I felt like you felt 2 years ago, then I DID find something that worked, I DID take the weight off, and I HAVE been maintaining my 130 pound weight loss for over a year now! I'd love to be part of this group! =)
  • SexyDexie
    SexyDexie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in on this. Feel free to add, it's no problem
  • dluce2569
    dluce2569 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in...just turned 50 been Bodybuilding for 3 years, but still struggle with a little with belly fat!!!: ; )
  • jerryallegood
    jerryallegood Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think this is going viral. Thank you for starting the post. Count me iI. I am turning 51 in June.
  • kimm43gil
    Options
    I'm a 51 year women with the hormone problem. Hard to loose a pound. One day up one day down with weight. I love this site. So far a few days in and lost 3 pounds. I know it's just water weight. Lets see what happens in 2 weeks if I stick with it. A 1200 calorie diet is very hard for me. I kinda enjoy my little snacks through the day. Wish me luck like I wish to all of you. :happy:
  • pchamber
    pchamber Posts: 1
    Options
    I started in March and have lost 20lbs, have much more to go. Look forward to hearing tips on how others are accomplishing their goals. Feel free to add me. We can support each other. I'm and 44 year old female.
  • sevenbabies
    sevenbabies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and would be glad to have more friends that are in my age group to offer mutual support. Feel free to add :)
  • eveleight
    eveleight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join with all of you fine people at this board. I am 45 and have gained 30+ lbs in the last 3-4 years. I have tried a lot of things to lose the weight, but haven't been able to make much impact. I have started jogging recently, and if I can keep myself motivated (and the weather sides with me) I believe this will help me. I would love to be a part of a group who will keep me motivated and who I can help, as well. Although I would like to lose weight, I am more concerned with getting in better shape and eating a healthier diet. Baby steps....
  • eveleight
    eveleight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to reply to specific people. New at this! :blushing:
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Can I play? I am 51. Lost all this weight using weights and eating cleaner. Knee problems (going to have a replacement this year) so can't even really do much cardio........ The scale is the enemy.... teehee.
  • Ranna51
    Ranna51 Posts: 24
    Options
    This is a good idea! I'm looking at 51 soon and losing weight very, very slowly - I'm doing all the right things, so I'm pretty sure that the whole hormonal/post menopause effect is making it harder to stay fit. With that said, I am making some progress, like a turtle.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, I started my journey last Aug at 196 lbs, my thyroid doesn't work anymore, I have to take a pill, so I didn't think that I would be able to get this weight off...Well I was wrong, I counted everything I ate I worked out and in Feb I reached my goal, i'm now 122 :) If I can do it you can too