Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• irishminx2013
    Options
    Just about to turn 45 and just started - help, support, guidance, motivation and a kick up the *kitten* greatly welcome.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Im in :)
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40, can I play?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 (how the hell did that happen??) and I'm going to set a personal best for cycling this year.

Age is an impediment not a barrier.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 (how the hell did that happen??) and I'm going to set a personal best for cycling this year.

You stalking me Si?? hehe.
  • tllinke
    tllinke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and new to this Fitness "thing" would LOVE support for MYSELF and would be Happy to SUPPORT OTHER's! add me as a FP friend we can motivate that way as well. I log EVERYDAY! email tllinke@sbcglobal.net
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

You stalking me Si?? hehe.

You bet Lynette - wonky knees of the world unite!!
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me to your friends list (anyone) I can use any and all motivation!! :-)
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included and anyone can friend me. I'm 47 and my doc scolded me on my weight gain at my last physical-she said I had another 10 coming when I hit menopause so I better get a grip on it now! Since September I'm down 13 lbs and working out regularly which I NEVER did before. My husband is helping me start lifting heavy tonight so I hope it kicks me into a change since I'm stuck at my weight with no movement. I'm actually feeling better than in my 30's so who says getting older has to suck!!
  • tourmakeady
    Options
    hiya im new to this site..ive currently jus lost up to date 32lbs an lookin to loose another 28lbs jus lookin for friends an encouregment..recipes an meals...:)
  • Briggs1516
    Briggs1516 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    count me in. I am getting ready to turn 47 in July and need to lose 60 lbs. it has been difficult due to medication I am on. However, since I started counting calories I am doing much better.
  • almendarezl
    almendarezl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Turning 44 this weekend.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too. I am 48. BTW, going into menopause sucks...just in case you aren't already aware! :tongue:
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I need some "friends" on MFP to keep me motivated. Please "friend" me if you are willing.

Thank you!

Dee
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just started fitness pal but have been working on the new me for 12 weeks. I just survived breast cancer and it made me realize that I had to make some changes. So I kick butt in the gym 5 times a week and my whole family is eating much cleaner. A former trainer of mine suggested my fitness pal to help me more with my food. I am so excited to see what is in store for me. I have struggled with weight all my life but have always been active. I am married to a wonderful man and have two boys. I love my life and just want to feel and look better. The major goal is to live a long healthy life.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 52 and stuggling with weight gained from menopause and thyroid. 3 weeks ago I started a new fitness program with walking and exercise videos. Do a lot of yard work too. Looking to keep motivated and help others stay motivated! Anyone feel free to add me as a friend :) ~ Terri
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and your story is my story. Anyone who is experiencing the same; add me as a friend. This weight-loss/healthy journey is a trek!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Add me! I'm 55 and just seriously started here on March 6 and learning the ropes of healthy eating after years of horrible eating habits (not eating enough or drinking enough water). Always have had time to take care of everyone else but have never taken time for me. NOW IS THE TIME! Is the group set up and how do we join it?

Good question! For now, I just go to my profiles to see pages that I have visited. How do you join a group on MFP? :noway: