Help me out! Where are you at and how far have you come?

Options
I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What was your starting weight?
-What's your target?
-What are you now?
-How many calories/day do you consume?
-When did you start your weight loss journey?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I started at 278 (beginning of the year).
    I'm still up in the air about my target. I'm aiming for 200 now, and then I'll decide where to go from there.
    I'm at 231.
    I was not taking in enough calories for a while there, but I'm working that back up. I overdid the whole "eat healthy, get lower cal versions of foods" approach for a while. Initially, it worked, but it's not sustainable.
    I started the first week of January.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

-What was your starting weight? 212
    -What's your target? 135, reasses from there
    -What are you now? 148.8
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I started at 1200 I upped it to my bmr and eat on average at least 1500/day
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? I originally started my journey April last year fell off the wagon in October (went from 212 ish down to 165). I restarted I'm February and have l last about 14 lbs since restarting so far
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 173.1 kilos/380 pounds
    -What's your target? 72 kilos/158 pounds
    -What are you now? 88.8 kilos/195 pounds
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1800 calories
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Ive been at this for 6.5 years :)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options

-What was your starting weight? 240
    -What's your target? 155, I am 5'7"
    -What are you now? 201
    -How many calories/day do you consume? Back when I started I was doing very light cardio with some light weight lifting DVDs every once in a while. I was taking in about 1270 cals per day but now that I have been on here longer and reading about TDEE, BMR and all that I bumped it up to 1400/day (before exercise). Now that I'm doing Insanity just about everyday and burning more calories I try to eat back most of those calories until I reach about 1600-1800 per day, I lose about 2-3 lbs per week.
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Jan 1st of this year.
  • apruitt07
    Options
    I had a phycial at the beginning of the year. My blood work came back and I had to start making a change ASAP. So a friend told me about MyFitnessPal and I signed up that night. I tried to change my food and start exercising all together in the beginning, but it broke me down mentally. So I tackled the hardest part for me first, the food! Once I finally understood what a good days worth of food was suppose to be, I started in on exercise. I am not a runner, and I don't think I ever will be, but I do enjoy putting the dog on leash and going for long brisk walks. I am trying to make a life change, so I am taking the slow but steady road. I average a lose of 6 pounds a month.

-What was your starting weight? 248
    -What's your target? currently it is 175
    -What are you now? 229
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1400 but I just lowered it from 1460
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? January 22nd.
  • NoirDancer
    Options
    My starting weight was 192. I am now at 180 & I have 10 more lbs to go so I can be insulin resistance/PCOS free :-D. I started about around february/march and my daily calories are 1400.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    -What's your target?
    -What are you now?

Hi! 24 yr old young professional here!
    Started at 170lbs.
    Target is 145lbs.
    Currently at 161.3lbs. (~9lbs lost)
    I try to consume between 1500-1700 calories per day.
    I started my journey December 2012 and I am a work in progress!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    208 lbs
    135 lbs
    135 lbs
    1700-2100
    May 2011 (maintaining since April 2012)
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    -What was your starting weight: 230
    -What's your target: 170/ pretty much 13%BF
    -What are you now:180
    -How many calories/day do you consume:15-1800
    -When did you start your weight loss journey: End of December
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since January 7 i'm in and out. Going well during the week, more tough during week-end. Easter was a killer for me. But i'm back on track to lose those extra lbs.

-What was your starting weight? 209
    -What's your target? my first target is 160 but i'ill see after that if I need to lose more
    -What are you now? 200
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1300
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? January 7
  • bloodedflowers
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 168lb

-What's your target? Short term: 149lb (weight I was when I turned 18) long term 135lb

-What are you now? 154lb

-How many calories/day do you consume? I always have around 1200-1400 (depending on whether or not I've worked out that day or not)

-When did you start your weight loss journey? I originally started last year, I weighed 159lb and wanted to change, I stuck it out for a few weeks and ended up getting down to the weight I am now. However, my motivation went and at Christmas 2012 I realized I was 168lb! Enough was enough! I started cutting down on the junk food, I've been up and down with it and on and off with sticking to the dieting and stuff until about a month ago when I woke up one day, looked at myself in the mirror and was appaulled. Since then I have dropped another 10lb and am well on my way to my goals!
    I have PCOS which doctors told me was not caused by my weight but would make life hard in terms of losing weight and preventing weight gain.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 382 (54" waist for reference)
    -What's your target? 183 or 34" waist, whichever comes first
    -What are you now? 260/44"
    -How many calories/day do you consume? Started at 2300, but now 2000ish
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Jan 2011, but got serious in Feb 2012
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 283 lbs (I'm 5'2)
    My target weight is 136 lbs (heaviest healthy weight for my height)
    My current weight is 238.2 lbs
    I aim for 1900 calories per day. I do not eat my exercise calories back.
    I started my journey in July 2012

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

• jimlambrt2
    jimlambrt2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 187
    -What's your target? 140
    -What are you now? 138
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 2500
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Last May.

I started out gung-ho and eating only "healthy foods" and 1200 cals. That wasn't sustainable. I worked up to 1500 cals a day and was able to easily keep that going. In addition, I started running and lifting 4 to 5 times a wk.

Once I got down to 150 lbs, I started upping my intake by 100 cal every two wks (to 2300). I also started looking more at my macros and trying to keep that at 40/30/30. All this actually made the last 10 lbs come off much easier (who knew). I wish, I had started looking at my macros right at the start of the journey.

Now I'm doing crossfit and trying to get stronger, but I'm not bulking. Just eating "real food"

My biggest revelation from my journey: it's 80% diet and 20% activity. You'll never out run your fork.
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 220
    -What's your target? 120
    -What are you now? 170
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 14-1600
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? back in 2010, 2012, and now Jan 2013(I fell off the wagon a few times)
  • teradriscol
    teradriscol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 207
    -What's your target? 147
    -What are you now? 145
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I started with 1200 then lowered it to 900. After hitting a plateau and when my hair started falling out, I started zigzagging from 1200-1400. Now I am at 1650 (near maintanance). Oh and I rarely eat back my exercise calories. I don't really recommend the 900 calories, but it worked for me.
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? August 2012
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 272
    -What's your target? perhaps 135
    -What are you now? 178
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1800 (without exercise)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 15 November 2011
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 170

-What's your target? 152

-What are you now? 160

-How many calories/day do you consume? My goal is 1760 + exercise, and I usually consume 1900-2500.

-When did you start your weight loss journey? January 16*

*This time. If you want how far I've come in total, I started at 200 in January 2011, lost 30+ pounds, then maintained within a few pounds until I started losing again this January.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight?245
    -What's your target?145
    -What are you now?196
    -How many calories/day do you consume? around 1600 depending on how much I've done that day
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 1 year ago
  • julyssas
    julyssas Posts: 22
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 193
    -What's your target? 170 (I'm 5'7")
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1500