Help me out! Where are you at and how far have you come?

Options

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 254
    -What's your target? 140, I think
    -What are you now? 227
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1903
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Feb. 21 this year
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8

-What was your starting weight? 185
    -What's your target? 135-140
    -What are you now? 169
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1300 and I sometimes eat half my exercise calories back.
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? March 18, 2013
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 182lb
    What's your target? 133-126lb (depends how I feel at 133)
    What are you now? 160lb
    How many calories/day do you consume? 1300 + exercise calories (started at 1200 which was ok but I thought I was losing a bit too fast at the start so upped it to 1300 a few weeks ago basically so I can have a biscuit with my tea lol)
    When did you start your weight loss journey? Mid February this year

I'm 5'3" if that makes a difference.
  • jmjm55077
    jmjm55077 Posts: 43
    Options
    What was your starting weight?
    255#

-What's your target?
    115#

-What are you now?
    160#

-How many calories/day do you consume?

-When did you start your weight loss journey?

Had kidney failure due to a 'leaky guy'....diet and meds now control but diet is hard to balance (low oxalate meaning very few veggies, no whole grains, nuts, or soy). Also had to stop exercising for awhile due to stressors on kidney/bladder and shunts. But just got the green light to start exercising again and after wrestling with this weird diet, now can pretty much control calories. Hoping to reach goal weight by the first of next year...So to answer, it's taken a couple of years with a slight detour for health issues...and yes...well worth it as my health is 200% better than before the weight lost!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight?
    230lbs

-What's your target?
    170lbs (maybe lower, maybe higher.....it's all about body composition)

-What are you now?

1970 (this is a 20% cut from my TDEE)

December 2012
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    SW: 275

GW: 180-160 (Havent quite decided, I want to be fit but I dont want to be like super skinny)

CW: 264.6

How many calories do I consume: 1740, I usually come in a bit under that but I always make sure to eat at least 1200 a day.

When I started: I rejoined MFP probably around the end of december/beginning of january, but i didnt get serious about it until Around the end of february.

I've lost 10 pounds, but its been a real struggle, a lot of ups and downs, but I'm new to this so I was learning. Now I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track, and have been keeping the weight off instead of going up and down all the time. hoping to hit the 20 lb loss mark by the end of may.

The forums here are usually full of pretty good advice, information, and support.

*EDIT: I apparently joined on this account in november of 2012. o.0 I didnt make much use of it then though, as i didnt get really get into it until the end of december/end of january (not seriously into it anyway lol)
  • yawning_cat
    yawning_cat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 90 kilos / 198lb

What's your target? 67kilos / 147lb

-What are you now? 77.7kilos / 171 lbs

-How many calories/day do you consume? 1200 + exercise three times a week and not eating back calories

-When did you start your weight loss journey? February 2013.
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    180lbs

-What's your target?
    was originally 145

-What are you now?
    143 and looking to lower body fat instead of weight

I am taking a break for April and eating at maintenance (1760)

Joined MFP last September but had already lost 20lbs at that point starting April 2012
  • erinjruns
    erinjruns Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 180lb; I am 5'2"

What's your target? 135 (however, I am now close enough that if I can continue to lose, I want to maybe be 119???)

What are you now? 137lb

How many calories/day do you consume? 1365 + maybe another 100 or so if I work out really hard. I try to maintain a deficit of at least 300 calories a day with the exercise

When did you start your weight loss journey? October 1, 2011

I started out on another program (Weight Watchers) and had really good success but stalled for six months. The final pounds just wouldn't come off, so I am using MFP concurrently. I got to a point where I was not feeding my body the nutrition it needed for all of the running I started doing and I really killed my metabolism. It's taken a trip to the hospital and a month of really hard work to eat enough calories to make my metabolism happy again.
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 188
    Current weight: 118-120
    Goal weight: ??? Lower bf% - no specific weight
    Started almost 2 years ago but have been close to this size for a while now and I consume anywhere from 1200-1500 calories/day.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 195 lbs.
    -What's your target? 150 lbs. (maybe less, we will see)
    -What are you now? 170.8 lbs.
    -How many calories/day do you consume? Between 2100-2300
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? About 10 weeks ago
  • christied829
    Options
    197lbs

-What's your target?
    130lbs

-What are you now?

around 1400, but I'm also doing 5:2 so fasting days I eat 500

February 2013
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Started at 260.8 December 2012, now 224.8, with a target of 140-160.

I started at at 1340 calories( slowed my weight loss IMO) and I am now up to 1810. I used http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to determine the necessary numbers. He has me needing to eat 2100 calories, but I just can't do it, so I chose to use MFP guidelines, but Scooby's macros.

Somehow I have lost 5.4 in 7 days, so I may have to add more calories to slow the weight loss down to 1-2 lbs per week! I am in no great hurry to drop weight quickly...I want long lasting health and strength.
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    235lbs

-What's your target?
    30lbs

-What are you now?

around 1300-1400

September 2011 - October 2012 - Lost 70 pounds
    October 2012 to March 2013 - Gained 25 and hopped back on the wagon this month to finish what I started.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 146
    -What's your target? 125
    -What are you now? 128
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1450
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? August, 2012

I am female, age 54, and about 5'6". Most people think I didn't need to lose any weight, but I feel so much better! I also think that is the first time in my life that I am content with what I am eating, and not craving things I used to crave. I exercise 4-5 times a week, about an hour to an hour and a half each time depending on what I am doing. Hope this is helpful to you as you persevere in your weight loss regime!
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 297
    -What's your target? 210 for now, then concentration on maintaining and toning before deciding where i go next
    -What are you now? 235 or 31 bags of sugar
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1500 and 1800 on exercise days
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 14th jan 2013
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 223lbs
    -What's your target? 153
    -What are you now? 153
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 2090, but when losing I was on about 1200 (yes not healthy blah blah blah)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 28th August and hit target 24th December
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

SW: 384
    TW: 210
    CW: 284
    Average Calories per day: 1,500-1750 (I also exercise @3,000 calories per week)
    Start date: January 11, 2012
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 218
    -What's your target? 155 (then reassessing to see how much more I need to lose)
    -What are you now? 200
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1400-1700
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Jan 7th (2013)
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 216
    -What's your target? 160 for now - will reassess later but that seems doable vs the 110-120 charts tell me I should be
    -What are you now? 197 as of this morning - but won't log it until it is official on my gym scale later today :P
    -How many calories/day do you consume? Started at 1450 based on MFP defaults, went as low as 1350 (I am overweight enough that eating for a few months below BMR was unlikely to hurt me), but have bumped back to 1500 as my calculated/guessed BMR (now that I have read and researched more). I am actually finding it difficult to get back to that many calories but am working on it and my weight loss has not stalled - probably because I have intermingled plenty of cheat days eating at TDEE
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Technically, Jan 2nd but didn't really get serious until almost 2 weeks later